Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I do not think it is old fashioned I think it is cool vintage - sort of like me - you know turning 50 next month - BUT I have to say it was so nice today I was in the skater shop zummies with one of the twins and the sales lady seriously did not think one of the twins 16 was mine but that I had a 20 year old - she thought I was late 30s early 40s.

I love that top I could see it with a long chiffon type flowing skirt too

Debbie - what size are you I may have some gowns you can borrow

Sharon

Lisa,

You can email me at debinnova - at - aol.com

Debbie

You might want to check out ballroom dance shoes. They can come in very low heels, there are sandals with wide bits so your toes don't stick out, and you can get ankle straps. They can be very glamorous and glitzy too. They do have wide widths as well. There are many companies and endless variety.

I know ballroom dancers who have old practice shoes that they wear to work because they are made to give comfort and support.

I see that even light in the box has some, and they are really cheap.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/dance-shoes_5957/5.html

I just bought the silver ones on Amazon to go with my formal outfits. The are very comfortable but I need to add some heel pads for cushioning. The cushion in one of my heels had to be surgically removed so this is a constant issue for me.

I agree with Burm. I always take ballroom shoes on a cruise,they are lighter than ordinary shoes, (important for flying) and generally have non slip suede soles and heels, OK on ships for walking about, but not really suitable for trips ashore. On many of the dance sites you can choose the style and height of heel you want. also if your ankles tend to swell on long flights (as mine do), you can ask for longer length ankle straps. Many of the suppliers on ebay have free shipping as well.

With the strappy sandals you have to be careful that the straps over the toe area are sewn across the middle attaching them to all the others , so that when you cat away any unwanted straps to accommodate bunions etc you don´t lose the all the strap across your foot. dance shoes are made to be very stable with some having ankle straps which also cross under the sole in front of the heel which again gives more support. I love my dance shoes

Sandy in Spain

I just grabbed this top on Ebay. I'm afraid it is a little old fashioned but I really wanted something dressy that had upper arm coverage and that would go with black flowy pants. I also loved the scalloped hem.

I'm thinking of this for formal nights? I still might find some gowns that I can live with, but just in case. I can't wear really high heels and I think gowns would look better with a heel.

Debbie

I'm in love with this top. Do you know if the seller has more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was out and about this morning and dropped by a Ross store that I have not been to before. I found this amazing jewel toned purple gown on clearance for $20.99! I love it and so does DH. I have never worn a dropped waist before, but I think it is very flattering on my evolving figure.:D

1416aac8-9243-4f4b-8b67-005ca6ec916c_zps1471040c.jpg

Lisa

It looks gorgeous on you! And what a price!!

I agree with Burm. I always take ballroom shoes on a cruise,they are lighter than ordinary shoes, (important for flying) and generally have non slip suede soles and heels, OK on ships for walking about, but not really suitable for trips ashore. On many of the dance sites you can choose the style and height of heel you want. also if your ankles tend to swell on long flights (as mine do), you can ask for longer length ankle straps. Many of the suppliers on ebay have free shipping as well.

With the strappy sandals you have to be careful that the straps over the toe area are sewn across the middle attaching them to all the others , so that when you cat away any unwanted straps to accommodate bunions etc you don´t lose the all the strap across your foot. dance shoes are made to be very stable with some having ankle straps which also cross under the sole in front of the heel which again gives more support. I love my dance shoes

Sandy in Spain

Sandy is absolutely right, ballroom shoes could not be worn in the street. I meant to say that my friends wear their old practice shoes in the office, rather than to the office.

I always cruise with an old black, fairly plain pair that I can wear to the MDR then go dancing in them. The suede soles are shot but they are perfect for ship wear. They look pretty but with their 1 7/8 inch heel are the next best thing to going barefoot. Soft, supple leather that fits like a second skin.

Thanks everyone for telling me how to post a photo.

I went to town yesterday to have some passport photos done. But I came home with these. (We just came back from a transatlantic crossing on Monday, loved it so much. We didn't book anything yet but the idea of buying more dresses just make me so happy)

This is from Reiss, I love how the green reflexing/shinning through the blue.

Hubby approved and it's going to be for the formal night in my next cruise (don't know when & where....) ;)

photo1.jpg

This is from BCBG, I am not so sure about it. What do you think? Do you think it's too old fashion? (I am 38 and in the slim/petit side) But I think it makes a nice summer dress and for informal nights. Hubby didn't approve. :confused:

photo2.jpg

You might want to check out ballroom dance shoes. They can come in very low heels, there are sandals with wide bits so your toes don't stick out, and you can get ankle straps. They can be very glamorous and glitzy too. They do have wide widths as well. There are many companies and endless variety.

I know ballroom dancers who have old practice shoes that they wear to work because they are made to give comfort and support.

I see that even light in the box has some, and they are really cheap.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/dance-shoes_5957/5.html

There are some good looking shoes on this site. But they are so cheap, I am afraid it's not good quality/comfortable. Have anyone ordered from them? How is the quality? Comfortable?

I just grabbed this top on Ebay. I'm afraid it is a little old fashioned but I really wanted something dressy that had upper arm coverage and that would go with black flowy pants. I also loved the scalloped hem.

I'm thinking of this for formal nights? I still might find some gowns that I can live with, but just in case. I can't wear really high heels and I think gowns would look better with a heel.

Debbie

I have a top very similar to yours, but it has silver rather than gold. I've worn it on cruises with black flowy pants. I haven't worn it for formal nights, mainly because I have a lot of long formal dresses, and I usually don't have a packing limit because I cruise out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale; but I do think it would be fine for a formal night.

I did ballroom dancing for years and still have all of my practice shoes. I will have to dig them out and see if I like any of them with my gowns. They have been sitting in shoes bags at the top of my closet for many years...think I forgot all about them. :eek:

Lisa

There are some good looking shoes on this site. But they are so cheap, I am afraid it's not good quality/comfortable. Have anyone ordered from them? How is the quality? Comfortable?

I would love to know as well. I have ordered things from China or Hong Kong that were of surprising quality at unbelievable prices.

I had 3 pairs custom made in Buenos Aires. They cost me only $40 each and are fine, but definitely not the quality of my beloved Werner Kerns. I wouldn't mind trying Light in the Box if I wanted something different to go with a specific dress.

I went to town yesterday to have some passport photos done. But I came home with these. (We just came back from a transatlantic crossing on Monday, loved it so much. We didn't book anything yet but the idea of buying more dresses just make me so happy)

Hubby approved and it's going to be for the formal night in my next cruise (don't know when & where....) ;)

photo1.jpg

This is from BCBG, I am not so sure about it. What do you think? Do you think it's too old fashion? (I am 38 and in the slim/petit side) But I think it makes a nice summer dress and for informal nights. Hubby didn't approve. :confused:

photo2.jpg

Hi...the floral dress? I think it is very cute and would be fine on

a non-formal night:) Why doesn't your husband think it is not?:eek:

He doesn't approve???? I don't get that at all.......I don't have a husband

but what is there to approve of or not? If you like it and it looks nice?

Edited by Lois R

I'm in love with this top. Do you know if the seller has more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lexiipoo

No, it was the only one as it is vintage (aka preowned! LOL) But I got it because I felt that it was more heavily beaded than more current styles and I just liked the look of it. There are plenty more online - just different.

Yoshi,

Love the dresses, especially the green one and the other dress is cute - has a vintage feel. Makes me want to go shopping but with it being Father's Day - I will probably end up at the golf course to keep DH company!

Debbie

[/url]

Both dresses would be great on a cruise (or a crossing). I like the way the green shines through the blue, also. It will be gorgeous in the evening with the lights sparkling off it.

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of yourself in the floral dress?

You said you are petite so I was wondering about the size of the print.

I find taking pictures helps me see myself in the outfit ( as others would see me).

The green dress is perfect for formal night!

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of yourself in the floral dress?

You said you are petite so I was wondering about the size of the print.

I find taking pictures helps me see myself in the outfit ( as others would see me).

The green dress is perfect for formal night!

Hubby said only someone has big boobs and very tanned skin will look good in the dress, which I obviously not.....

Here is a photo of me in the dress. (my hair looks like a mess, so you can't see me, maybe next time ;) )

I am not sure if the dress is too big for me or it's the style. But I think it fits. It has the kind of kimono sleeves.

Can't get the dress smaller because it's XS.

photo.jpg

Edited by Yoshikitty

Yoshikitty, if you like the dress and feel good in it, wear it. However, if I were you, I would wear things that show off your nice, slim figure. I think you could find other dresses that show off your youthful body better.

Hubby said only someone has big boobs and very tanned skin will look good in the dress, which I obviously not.....

Here is a photo of me in the dress. (my hair looks like a mess, so you can't see me, maybe next time ;) )

I am not sure if the dress is too big for me or it's the style. But I think it fits. It has the kind of kimono sleeves.

Can't get the dress smaller because it's XS.

photo.jpg

I really like this dress and it looks fantastic on you. The only thing I might consider is swapping the belt out for a wider contrasting belt. But, I don't think that is necessary...just an option.

Lisa

I love the flowered dress. I do agree that a contrasting belt would really show off your figure. The matching belt kind of gets lost. I am tall and pretty slim and I'd have bought that dress for myself in a heartbeat!

While there's nothing wrong with the floral dress, I don't really like it on you that much either. You are so tiny, something a bit more fitted would look better, and I personally don't like the print. It's just an 'ok' for me.

The top seems oversized. Maybe if the dress was shorter, with some killer sandals, that would help. IMO it's too big and maybe a little 'old' looking.

The first one looks pretty.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

I really like this dress and it looks fantastic on you. The only thing I might consider is swapping the belt out for a wider contrasting belt. But, I don't think that is necessary...just an option.

Lisa

Another vote for adding a solid coloured belt or a long chunky coloured bead necklace. I like the dress, but it is busy for a small frame and I think you need to add a solid to focus on. Like where your eye goes first in a painting or photograph.