Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Hi ladies,

Being a shopaholic I have too many choices in my cupboard.

We are cuirsing round nz with Princess in December and have two formal nights.

I'm thinking this one for one night:

Bllomingnights.jpg

But I have three (yes three :o) of the dress below - in purple, red and green. I'm thinking I could bring one and use it for both nights - just tie the top in a different way different shoes and accessories but I'm not sure it would be formal enough.

anasatasiashort.jpg

Or I could indulge my shopping choices and get the maxi version :D

anastasiamaxi.jpg

Any opinions?

I love the second dress and since you have it in different colors I would bring two and just tie them differntly . That way you could also wear them on other nights .

[ATTACH]239158[/ATTACH][ATTACH]239159[/ATTACH][ATTACH]239160[/ATTACH]

Saw these at my local JC Penny for $30. Debating on if I want to go back and buy any of them.

Photos are small and the dresses are on the hangers, but if I was shopping for myself I like the first one. Looks dressier than the second and I don't think I could handle the one long sleeve on the third dress. That might drive me batty.

[ATTACH]239158[/ATTACH][ATTACH]239159[/ATTACH][ATTACH]239160[/ATTACH]

Saw these at my local JC Penny for $30. Debating on if I want to go back and buy any of them.

I like the first one, but not for a "formal" night. Don't care for the other 2 at all....but that's JMO

Thanks! And sorry for the poor photos. I originally took them just so that I could remember what they looked like in the store and later thought I might post them. I also should have specified that the 2nd one wouldn't have been for formal night. But I think for now I am going to pass on all three and keep looking.

We are currently planning our first cruise (debating between X and RCCL) and I am totally lost when it comes to "formal" wear. I am in my early 30s and a little fluffy (currently a UK size 16/18 on top and a UK 12 on the bottom - though I have gone down two to three sizes during the last year), I find it quite difficult to find plus size dresses over here.

While I assume this (a navy lace full skirt dress) would be suitable, would something like this be okay, maybe together with a plain black shrug/bolero? Or would the bright colors be too much? I love the dress and it fits wonderfully (best fitting dress I ever had) but maybe the red/turquoise is a little too gaudy for "formal"? Should I go for something more muted?

And dear UK: thank you for Pepperberry/Bravissimo. I love you.

We are currently planning our first cruise (debating between X and RCCL) and I am totally lost when it comes to "formal" wear. I am in my early 30s and a little fluffy (currently a UK size 16/18 on top and a UK 12 on the bottom - though I have gone down two to three sizes during the last year), I find it quite difficult to find plus size dresses over here.

While I assume this (a navy lace full skirt dress) would be suitable, would something like this be okay, maybe together with a plain black shrug/bolero? Or would the bright colors be too much? I love the dress and it fits wonderfully (best fitting dress I ever had) but maybe the red/turquoise is a little too gaudy for "formal"? Should I go for something more muted?

I'm also fluffy and I have trouble finding dressy outfits other than black. I'm big enough that black does not make me look thinner and I'm ok with it. If you love the dress and you feel good in the dress, then I say wear the dress. Toss on some jewelry and nice shoes and you should be good to go.

Love the first dress. I have a thing for lace.

You don't need to be dressed formal wear as long as you are in a nice dress that fits you well. When we were on Celebrity in Europe we noticed people dressed at all levels of formality from beaded gowns to nicely tailored business type dresses. I think both of those dresses would be lovely for your cruise.

What a relief ;) Thank you both very much.

KandCsailing, I never thought I'd like lace... with that dress I learned that I do. And that was the first dress that was far too large in a size 18. HA! I'll have to have it taken in but I am trying to lose some more weight before.

I really like the navy lace dress, the other one is nice but not necessarily what I would consider formal but I could definitely see it on a non-formal night.

Both are very nice (I want them!) but the lace dress is more appropriate for formal night. Like others have said, you will see all forms of dress. I've seen everything from nice jeans and cowboy hat to full out formal dresses.

Hi piggledy. I like both dresses and agree with others lace dress looks more formal. I don't think the colour is the issue, it's more the style/material. I went on first cruise last year and loved dressing for the three formal nights we had. I am fluffy too and carry weight on my stomach, typical apple! This year I have got a long red dress, a black cocktail length dress and my favourite, a dark blue sequinned dress. It has no sleeves which I worry about but as other lovely ladies have said if you like it go for it. You will see some fabulous gowns and I loved admiring the fashion parade down the Promenade on IOS on formal nights. Enjoy. X

:)

Dear forum participants,

I like to show you some pictures of the oufits of my wife during our recent cruise to the Adriatic on the QV.

the Black&White night and two pirates and a half-blind parrot dancing in the Hemisfere.

If you like it I post some more.

Pim (tangopainter)

QV05a.jpg.e195ce415474d63c3603d8fcecd1141f.jpg

QV06a.jpg.f63db619e029c2c2393b02023cec1cb3.jpg

piraten02a.jpg.810510d9b477e416ae4add18d91e7dfb.jpg

Dear forum participants,

I like to show you some pictures of the oufits of my wife during our recent cruise to the Adriatic on the QV.

the Black&White night and two pirates and a half-blind parrot dancing in the Hemisfere.

If you like it I post some more.

Pim (tangopainter)[/quote

Beautiful pictures.Thank you for sharing them. Did you have fun on the QV? We were on her for 82 days in 2009.

Take care & have a great weekend.

M

Hello Ladies,

These gowns came yesterday. I am very please with them :).

Happy weekend :).

Marie

7568560884_61ffdd2889_z.jpg

7568570034_404c8b6090_z.jpg

Hi Marie Once again your dresses/gowns are the tops. Dare I ask if one of these is to be your wedding dress. Or is that one a state secret. I guess it will be. Look forward to seeing more.

Regards Marlene

SHR

http://www.dillards.com/product/R-M-Richards-Bolero-Jacket-Dress_301_-1_301_503026594?df=03731804_zi

Here's the dress I just got for my son's wedding. It seems like a little much, for an outdoor wedding in Montana (the wedding is formal, though) but it's the only dress I found that really looked nice. Hard to believe all those ruffles make me look thinner, but they do.

I wanted a simple flowy gown in red, chocolate or taupe and got this! It should be fine for cruises though. And, the bride likes it so all is well.

Marie, love your new dresses. Wow!

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

http://www.dillards.com/product/R-M-Richards-Bolero-Jacket-Dress_301_-1_301_503026594?df=03731804_zi

Here's the dress I just got for my son's wedding. It seems like a little much, for an outdoor wedding in Montana (the wedding is formal, though) but it's the only dress I found that really looked nice. Hard to believe all those ruffles make me look thinner, but they do.

I wanted a simple flowy gown in red, chocolate or taupe and got this! It should be fine for cruises though. And, the bride likes it so all is well.

Marie, love your new dresses. Wow!

Congratulations on your son's upcoming nuptuals:)