hotel artemide/albergo del senato

jodi58

Last summer we stayed 4 nights at Hotel Artemide. It is a lovely hotel, located on Via Na*ionale. About 10 minutes from Termini.

Our room was very comfortable, A/C worked well, spacious bathroom, and quiet. The breakfast is wonderful, and the capaccino is excellent.

We have recommended Artemide to our friends who also stayed there last month, and they loved it.

In terms of location, Albergo del Senato may be better because of the proximity to the sites.

I would not hesitate to stay at Hotel Artemide again, but I have always heard great reviews for Senato, too.

Either way, you can't go wrong. Enjoy your visit to Rome!

For a first trip to Rome location is the most important criteria(IMO)! Del Senato is right in the sweet spot being in front of the Pantheon and walking distance to all sights from the Coliseum to the Vatican. On top of that they have the best service I have encountered in Rome! I stayed in a low priced no view room and I'd still go back!!

We stay at the Del Senato every year...what can I say...I'm almost sorry I have so highly recommended the Senato so many times, but if you read these boards alot, there are dozens of people who LOVE it as much as we do!!!:):)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I am getting the same rates for these 2 Rome hotels, I'm leaning more towards the Albergo del Senato but would like your input!:)

thanking you in advance,

Jo.

I have stayed at the Albergo del Senato several times now and just LOVE it! Of course you'll be spoiled forever! I can't even think of going anywhere else. It's truly a fabulous hotel and the location couldn't be better. Their breakfast was also the best I have had at an Italian hotel. Their rooftop bar (if you are there in good weather) is a great place for happy hour. I can't wait to go back!:)

The Del Senato is a WONDERFUL hotel with a roof top terrace lounge that has spectacular views of the city. WE LOVED IT! We were just there in September.

The Hotel Abruzzi also faces the Pantheon, is a bit less expensive and I suspect not quite as nice but still has great Trip Advisor reviews. The only caveat being you MUST book a "Pantheon View" room or risk being put in their annex building. We are trying this hotel next May.

thanks for your input! guess the location will win the day, we`ll go with the del Senato.

thanks, Jo.

Good decision. We stayed there earlier this month and loved it. Wonderful service, nice room and close to everything. I hope the rooftop bar will be open when you are there. It is really a highlight.

Just checked out of the del Senato this afternoon and I can confirm that it's all I remember and more. What a great hotel -- location, good service, and I agree the rooftop bar is the cherry on the sundae! It's one of the few places I know where I can book a single room and still get a nice view (in this case of the Pantheon).

Just checked out of the del Senato this afternoon and I can confirm that it's all I remember and more. What a great hotel -- location, good service, and I agree the rooftop bar is the cherry on the sundae! It's one of the few places I know where I can book a single room and still get a nice view (in this case of the Pantheon).

Cynthia, we are going to miss you by 9 days ! We arrive Nov. 4th. :eek:

We decided to stay in an apartment since my SIL/BIL are traveling with us this trip. We are 20 meters from del Senato...... next door to the little tie shop on the street that goes down the side of del Senato (via Seminario) Can't wait !

Any idea when they close the rooftop bar? We will be there in less than a month.

Archived