Favorite Alcoholic Drinks?

LarryF

Ketel One Vodka in a Frozen Glass, for a premium drink for me, the wife like's a VeryBerry Martini on Princess. Way too sweet for me but lots of ladies like it.

Now here is some worthless information about Martini's from Answer.com. Who knew, come to think about it who care's. I do like to see everyone tastes in drinks that is interesting. Cruise ships have numerous drinks, just wish they had a better selection of wines.

The vodkatini has become a common variation of the martini, but controversial among devotees. In the late twentieth century, the vodkatini supplanted the traditional gin-based martini in popularity. When today's bar and restaurant patrons order "a martini", they frequently have in mind a drink made with vodka. Martini purists decry this development; while few object to the drink itself, they strenuously object to it being called a martini.

[quote name='Mauizach']Ketel One Vodka in a Frozen Glass, for a premium drink for me, the wife like's a VeryBerry Martini on Princess. Way too sweet for me but lots of ladies like it.

Now here is some worthless information about Martini's from Answer.com. Who knew, come to think about it who care's. I do like to see everyone tastes in drinks that is interesting. Cruise ships have numerous drinks, just wish they had a better selection of wines.

The vodkatini has become a common variation of the martini, but controversial among devotees. In the late twentieth century, the vodkatini supplanted the traditional gin-based martini in popularity. When today's bar and restaurant patrons order "a martini", they frequently have in mind a drink made with vodka. Martini purists decry this development; while few object to the drink itself, they strenuously object to it being called a martini.[/quote]

When I am in a purist mode, I'll order Absolute straight up in a chilled glass. Since it doesn't have any vermouth, it really isn't a martini either, but I like the glass. :D

Most martini's these days are just fun coctails in a martini glass, but I have succumed to ordering one sometimes.

when I "skip" desert I have a chocolate Bannana (they are made with cream by the way not ice cream) the bartender on the sapphire wrote the recipe down for me. will have to try a BBC
when I don't want something too sweet I like the ultimate cooler

Now I am not much of a drinker. DH always says that I am a cheap date, but I have gotten some great ideas for drinks to try on our next cruise. I am making a list to take along so our adult "kids" and their spouses can try them on their first cruise.

A BBC is always my sailaway drink. It is so decadant and makes me feel like my vacation is really starting.

[COLOR=darkgreen]Ok, so my juvenile side took control and I looked on Webtender to see just how many drinks have the word Fart in them (like Fart in the Ocean wasn't enough). [/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkgreen][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkgreen]According to Webtender there are several [/COLOR][URL="http://www.webtender.com/cgi-bin/search?name=fart&ingr=&what=drink&show=10&verbose=on"][COLOR=navy]other similarly named drinks[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=darkgreen]:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkgreen]Duck Fart (2 versions),[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkgreen]Brain Fart, and [/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkgreen]Gorilla Fart (6 versions!) :eek: [/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkgreen]:D (hehehehe)[/COLOR]

Oreo Speedwagon

This was served at the pool bar on the Diamond. They got the oreos from the ice cream bar. It's like a milkshake with kahlua. Couldn't get it in any other bar. They didn't have it on the Regal. Hope they have it on the Golden at the pool bar.

Yum!!!

• 3 months later...
[quote name='Lady Librarian'][COLOR=darkgreen]Ok, so my juvenile side took control and I looked on Webtender to see just how many drinks have the word Fart in them (like Fart in the Ocean wasn't enough). [/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkgreen][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkgreen]According to Webtender there are several [/COLOR][URL="http://www.webtender.com/cgi-bin/search?name=fart&ingr=&what=drink&show=10&verbose=on"][COLOR=navy]other similarly named drinks[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=darkgreen]:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkgreen]Duck Fart (2 versions),[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkgreen]Brain Fart, and [/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkgreen]Gorilla Fart (6 versions!) :eek: [/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkgreen]:D (hehehehe)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Lady Librarian, first off, I love your dog! We have a Boston Terrier and an English Bulldog (but the bulldog is a puppy still)! We adore them, of course!

Anyhow ... I love the idea of having "fart" drinks ... it will make me think I'm with my 5 and 6 year old boys again! I'll miss them while I'm gone!

MY FAVORITEST DRINK EVER IS ... BBC! Great drink ... that will be my sailaway drink for sure. I'm not a big drinker and this doesn't mess with my head too badly!

Now my question is ... what's in a Chocolate Banana?? That sounds delicious!

Archived