List of Specialty Restaurants and cost (Summit post-refurb specifically)?

masonpips

We are considering booking Summit for next Thanksgiving (while on board Oasis this coming week). A couple of questions:

1) Is there anything like the RCCL Oasis/Allure listing of restaurants/costs for Celebrity? I did a search but didn't find anything specific and very little mentioning cost. Just trying to get a feel for comparison with what we have planned for next week.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/10020614_Allure_Specialty_Restaurant_Flyer.pdf

2) Dh and I are also considering a new AquaSuite room (on 11). Is Blu considered an everynight restaurant or specialty (this I failed to search on and may be common knowledge)? Lunch and/or dinner?

3) We would be cruising w/our teenagers (inside room across from us). Are the specialty restaurants open to them as they are on RCCL (typically at an earlier time)? Not sure we'd take them but wanted to know the options.

Thank you!

We are considering booking Summit for next Thanksgiving (while on board Oasis this coming week). A couple of questions:

1) Is there anything like the RCCL Oasis/Allure listing of restaurants/costs for Celebrity? I did a search but didn't find anything specific and very little mentioning cost. Just trying to get a feel for comparison with what we have planned for next week.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/10020614_Allure_Specialty_Restaurant_Flyer.pdf

2) Dh and I are also considering a new AquaSuite room (on 11). Is Blu considered an everynight restaurant or specialty (this I failed to search on and may be common knowledge)? Lunch and/or dinner?

3) We would be cruising w/our teenagers (inside room across from us). Are the specialty restaurants open to them as they are on RCCL (typically at an earlier time)? Not sure we'd take them but wanted to know the options.

Thank you!

Summit currently has the Normandie restaurant ($40 cover) and this is a French inspired fine dining type venue. I believe that no children are permitted. After being Solsticized she will also have Bistro on 5 (crepe restaurant with $5 cover); children are welcome at the Bistro. She will also be receiving a Qsine ($40 cover) featuring everyday foods with a twist (i.e. sushi lollipops) served tapas style. I think children are able to dine here as well. The specialty restaurants on Celebrity are amazing. You can book them as a "package deal" once on board to save some money.

Summit will have Aqua Class staterooms, but they are not suites (only Reflections will have Aqua Suites). Blu is open for breakfast and dinner daily and most (including myself) find it to be a step up from the main dining room (it has more of a restaurant feel whereas the main dining room is like a nice banquet hall). Like in the main dining room, the menu changes daily at Blu (but both venues have some everyday items as well). Your children however will not be able to dine in Blu unless they also book an Aqua Class stateroom.

Summit currently has the Normandie restaurant ($40 cover) and this is a French inspired fine dining type venue. I believe that no children are permitted. After being Solsticized she will also have Bistro on 5 (crepe restaurant with $5 cover); children are welcome at the Bistro. She will also be receiving a Qsine ($40 cover) featuring everyday foods with a twist (i.e. sushi lollipops) served tapas style. I think children are able to dine here as well. The specialty restaurants on Celebrity are amazing. You can book them as a "package deal" once on board to save some money.

Summit will have Aqua Class staterooms, but they are not suites (only Reflections will have Aqua Suites). Blu is open for breakfast and dinner daily and most (including myself) find it to be a step up from the main dining room (it has more of a restaurant feel whereas the main dining room is like a nice banquet hall). Like in the main dining room, the menu changes daily at Blu (but both venues have some everyday items as well). Your children however will not be able to dine in Blu unless they also book an Aqua Class stateroom.

Blu replaces the Main Dining Room for Aqua Class customers and as Gonzo said your children cannot eat there unless they have an AQ room. They are very strict about this.

Thanks to both of you, that makes more sense (and yes, we just want the A1, not a suite!).

We found the food on our one X cruise (Century) to be great, both in the dining room, the buffet (LOVED the many stations serving different options) and the specialty restaurant! Looking forward to the Summit for sure!

Can someone confirm whether there is an Aqua Spa Cafe on Summit now? If so, is it open to all passengers or just those in select categories of accommodations ? I will be sailing on her prior to the refurbishment and haven't been able to find definitive information since Celebrity's website is now promoting the new configuration of this ship. Thanks for any accurate information anyone can provide.

Can someone confirm whether there is an Aqua Spa Cafe on Summit now? If so, is it open to all passengers or just those in select categories of accommodations ? I will be sailing on her prior to the refurbishment and haven't been able to find definitive information since Celebrity's website is now promoting the new configuration of this ship. Thanks for any accurate information anyone can provide.

I am fairly certain all Celebrity ships have an Aqua Spa Cafe. It is open to everybody (does not matter what stateroom category) and serves light/healthy foods for breakfast and lunch.

All the ships have an Aqua Spa Cafe. Yes, it is open to everyone in

all cabin categories. From the least expensive inside cabin to the

Penthouse. Everyone is welcomed to eat there. It is open for

breakfast and lunch.

All the ships have an Aqua Spa Cafe. Yes, it is open to everyone in

all cabin categories. From the least expensive inside cabin to the

Penthouse. Everyone is welcomed to eat there. It is open for

breakfast and lunch.

Did they have an Aqua Spa Cafe on the Galaxy? If so, I missed it on the January 2009 southern Caribbean cruise we both took. :)

Did they have an Aqua Spa Cafe on the Galaxy? If so, I missed it on the January 2009 southern Caribbean cruise we both took. :)

Hi, Galaxy did not have it...neither did Mercury. The M and S class

ships have it AND Century has it as well.

• 1 month later...

Summit has an A-La-Carte restaurant ( 40 US$ surcharge) called SS Normandie.

The restaurant features the same menu as Murano on S-Class but the Interiour is different (all M-Class vessels have different interiours for their A-la-Carte's)

It features original wall panelings from the SS Normandie, a French-Lines Ocean Liner that was tthe most beautiful ship (and largest) on the Atlantic in the years before WW2.

Millennium's restaurant is called SS Olympic and features original parts of the SS Olympic. SS Olympic was the older sister of the... SS Titanic and SS Britanic (originally planned as SS Gigantic but changed name after the disaster).

Infinity has the SS United States. SS United states was the fastest liner ever built, and is currently laid up in the US (already for decades). The restaurant features a very modern and colourful decor ompared with the other 3 sister ships.

Constellation has the Ocean-Liners Restaurant. Ocean Liners features original parts of the SS Ile De France, a French Lines ship that debuted in 1927. She was the most beautiful ship in the world until the arrival of SS Normandie and the first vessel to have an Art Deco style onboard.

Summit currently has the Normandie restaurant ($40 cover) and this is a French inspired fine dining type venue. I believe that no children are permitted.

quote]

Children over the age of 12 are permitted to dine in Normandie. My son went with us earlier this year on the Summit.

Archived