So did you hear about next week's cruise sale?

tangerinebunny

HAL already has a two-week sale ending October 23 advertised on their website. What are the chances they will lower the fares again even more?

Did they even lower it the first time?

I've seen several "3-day" sales (usually lasting a week) and never noticed a price difference compared the weeks without the sale.

Did they even lower it the first time?

I've seen several "3-day" sales (usually lasting a week) and never noticed a price difference compared the weeks without the sale.

I don't think they did lower their prices. Neither of mine went down.

The best specials I've seen have been found by clicking the "Special Offers" tab on the HAL Homepage. This is especially true if your schedule allows you to book after normal final payments are due. HAL will generally keep lowering the price to fill the ship. Buyer beware though, once you buy it.... it's yours at that price. They've recently been having trouble filling certain voyages & have offered some very low prices. We booked what we thought was a good deal on our upcoming 22 day cruise only to see the price continue to get better, to the tune of $2,800 below our "good deal". The lowest prices came about 4-5 weeks prior to sailing in this particular case. It can pay to watch HAL's special offers, especially if you can leave on fairly short notice.

Not trying to be a downer here but trust me you will not see any difference this week than you are seeing this week with HAL. The CLIA sales are more hype with lots of advertising from agents that are strong with CLIA.....Think used Car dealerships with lots of advertising ;) Trust me there is ALWAYS a Sale :D

Not trying to be a downer here but trust me you will not see any difference this week than you are seeing this week with HAL. The CLIA sales are more hype with lots of advertising from agents that are strong with CLIA.....Think used Car dealerships with lots of advertising ;) Trust me there is ALWAYS a Sale :D

LOL, thanks Lisa, for bringing us back to reality ;). Why is it that we always get so excited when we see the word, "SALE"?

We have never had what I would call a great price in any sale like this...be it vacation week, Thanksgiving, etc.

Our best deals have come from watching occupancies on two of three ships/itineraries that we want and then waiting for an attractive offer on one of them that has low occupancy just prior to or just after final payment date. Often they come in the form of one day sales. If you are familiar with the pricing and know what a good price is you can save a fair bit of money to use for more cruises!

One of the big things with the current Holland America cruise special running is 3rd and 4th passengers are cheaper.

Currently we are just about to book the Westerdam to Alaska on 9/8 and one of our group had a young daughter. (So a group of 3) Currently with the special she will only have to pay taxes. No room rates for #3 or #4 on that cruise.

So we will be booking before the 23rd to get that special. Although I hope this Sale on the 17th will drop our rooms even lower, the current deal one is great for the extra passenger.

Archived