What's your record for lobster tails?

scgamecock

one HALF of an 8lber.....

You want lobster, you don't get it on a cruise ship..you come to New England!!! I don't even order the lobster on ships.. I go for the Prime rib and loaded baked potato...

Yum - your lobster claw is larger than the cruise ship lobster tail!!

8.5 lbs... We get one 'monster' to celebrate our anniversary every summer...

we usually get two meals out of it, tho, because by the time we get thru the claws, the legs, the body meat...we're pretty much stuffed...so we save the tail for the next meal!

That is a lobster. The 3 oz things that CCL serves don't really count, they are not much more than large shrimp and taste pretty much the same.

Two and that's plenty for me. Either they are so filling that's all I can handle, or they are small and just not that good (last two times) and I don't want more than that.

this cruise I just had 2 and they weren't cooked enough....squishy and all...2 months back I had one and it was excellent

this cruise I just had 2 and they weren't cooked enough....squishy and all...2 months back I had one and it was excellent

Even if they're cooked perfectly, the consistency is going to be wierd since they have been frozen. It's such a delicate meat that even a flash freeze really changes the consistency and usually makes it either rubbery or mushy.

I just got back and had 2.

I know you are allowed all you want of tails and all the bacon and alll....

but c'mon

I'm usually good for at least a couple, but isn't it a sad state of affairs when we actually celebrate gluttony?

What with the hot dog eating contests and tv shows like Man Vs. Food, no wonder a lot of Americans (and a many other Westerners) look the way they do.

I don't order the lobster on board ever. I love lobster but that lobster is not good to me. I don't order double of anything but sometimes I will order 2 appetizers if I can't decide what I want. The last cruise I was on the food was soooooooo good!!

I'm usually good for at least a couple, but isn't it a sad state of affairs when we actually celebrate gluttony?

What with the hot dog eating contests and tv shows like Man Vs. Food, no wonder a lot of Americans (and a many other Westerners) look the way they do.

I really can't handle the "man vs food" show either..I have nephews that are brothers and one just has fast metabolism and thin as a rail and can loose weight eating almost and has to eat 5 times a day..of course smaller amounts but not that small..his brother no..pour kid can not eat the same at all..so different our body types...

Whatever those tiny tails are..they were good to me and tender and sweet and 2 is 6 bites 3 is 9..that is ok...we can even have them hold the shrimp IMHO...LOL...Sarah PS. I was so sad with just the one and the shrimp because did not know one could ask then and wow..to me it was a delicacy..LOL...s.

Whatever those tiny tails are..they were good to me and tender and sweet and 2 is 6 bites 3 is 9..that is ok...we can even have them hold the shrimp IMHO...LOL...Sarah PS. I was so sad with just the one and the shrimp because did not know one could ask then and wow..to me it was a delicacy..LOL...s.

On our last cruise they must have had a few extra 'cos the waiters just kept bringing them to our table with no more than a nod and a wink.

I'm not sure I made it to the dessert menu that night...