Theme nights

hisarah15

Celebrity have not had any theme nights on the cruises we have been on with them, we first came across theme nights on Royal Caribbean. Celebrity tend not to be a 'party' cruise line, they have quieter and more relaxed evenings.

Someone else on here may have more recent experience though.

No theme nights. They might have a deck party in the Caribbean

up at the pool with music, dancing, etc. but that would be an evening

activity.

But no, they don't offer a theme night.

On Celebrity we have had nightly entertainment including a 50's prom, a 60's interactive musical partylike event, a Caribbean deck party, dancing with the stripes, etc, but nothing you'd want to pack a costume for, except maybe Halloween. Many wore a Hawaiian flowered shirt to the deck party, and may give you another chance to wear those beads from your CC party!!!!!!!!:D

While Celebrity does not have theme nights at dinner, sometimes they do have after dinner theme parties. On the recent Silhouette Cruise there was a White Night/Toga party in the Sky Observation Lounge one night and a 1970s dance party one night and possibly a couple others.

Gonzo, What does one wear to a white night toga party? I can not see anyone over 50 grabbing their bedsheets???????????? I would guess that a white outfit or shirt would be OK?????????? :confused:

I didn't attend this one, but someone I was chatting with said about 20 people or so actually had togas; the rest just wore whatever white clothing they had. Wish I would have gone but they held it somewhat late in the evening and had an early port call the next day.

Don't they still have Sizzle & other party nights? we have had them on all our recent cruises...

Hi,:) I have seen the Sizzle show and it is fun:D but I don't consider

it a "theme night".

hisarah15 may be asking about the "theme nights" certain cruiselines organize in which passengers are asked to dress in a specific theme for the evening. My understanding (which could be wrong since I have never cruised on a line that does these theme nights) is that the theme is recommended for all of the passengers, not just those attending a certain event. I did see photos of a "White Night" taken on a P & O cruise (if I remember the cruiseline correctly), and in the photos all (and I mean ALL) of the passengers are wearing white clothing. Celebrity doesn't organize that sort of theme night.

hisarah15: My husband and I will also be on the November 11th Century sailing. We are looking forward to Century. We have never cruised on her, but her sister Mercury was one of our favorites. See you onboard!

hisarah15 may be asking about the "theme nights" certain cruiselines organize in which passengers are asked to dress in a specific theme for the evening. My understanding (which could be wrong since I have never cruised on a line that does these theme nights) is that the theme is recommended for all of the passengers, not just those attending a certain event. I did see photos of a "White Night" taken on a P & O cruise (if I remember the cruiseline correctly), and in the photos all (and I mean ALL) of the passengers are wearing white clothing. Celebrity doesn't organize that sort of theme night.

hisarah15: My husband and I will also be on the November 11th Century sailing. We are looking forward to Century. We have never cruised on her, but her sister Mercury was one of our favorites. See you onboard!

come join our roll call. :)

We had a masked ball night, a black and white night and a 60s night on Eclipse

Hi Sue:)...I see you just sailed last month. Have a question and I don't

mean to sound dumb:eek: but when you mentioned all 3 nights? Not sure

I get it.....weren't they shows reflecting those things? Or was it literally

an entire theme night? From prior to dinner to late in the evening?

I have seen a 60s show and they had a dance event where many of

the activities staff wore masks but they were both evening shows.

The masquarade party was held in the foyer of deck 3 and it was

alot of fun:) but I don't consider that a theme night.

Just curious about your cruise.

Archived