What services could Princess add?

Working 2 Cruise

That would be great. Our last Celebrity cruise had this too; we especially liked that there were quite a few 'free' movies that you could just order from the tv whenever you felt like watching them. On Princess, it's hard to catch the beginning of a movie since the times are not listed anywhere anymore. I know there's a guide on the tv but it takes incredible patience to use it.

The selection could have been better, but still....

This cracks me up. All you people who want all that stuff on the television: menus, your onboard account, etc., etc.: So, Princess has put one interactive thing up, the telly schedule, and you're finding out what smart people like me already knew: interactive stuff is a pain to use. It's about five thousand times quicker to look at a printed telly guide, or to scan a printout of one's bill, or to make a 30 second detour past the doors of the dining room to glance at the menu on the wall. I'll have accomplished all three of those things and be already at the bar halfway through my martini before you've all found the right button on the remote to press to see if I've charged that martini to your account instead of mine. Ha!

This cracks me up. All you people who want all that stuff on the television: menus, your onboard account, etc., etc.: So, Princess has put one interactive thing up, the telly schedule, and you're finding out what smart people like me already knew: interactive stuff is a pain to use. It's about five thousand times quicker to look at a printed telly guide, or to scan a printout of one's bill, or to make a 30 second detour past the doors of the dining room to glance at the menu on the wall. I'll have accomplished all three of those things and be already at the bar halfway through my martini before you've all found the right button on the remote to press to see if I've charged that martini to your account instead of mine. Ha!

I would be extremely happy if they could only give me a printed copy of the movie schedule that agreed with what they broadcast. I get frustrated trying to determine when the movies start over and they never seem to be correct.

Right, if they had a printed 'telly' guide, I'd be happy. But, they don't. We also don't bother with all the other stuff on interactive tv, like menu's, daily bills, etc.

But, on Celebrity to order a movie for in-cabin viewing was easy (once we figured out we could), and the list of 'free' movies wasn't bad.

There have been some good suggestions posted above. What I would like to see is consistency for the items they do offer available on all ships. Differences I have noted:

1. Power hour on one ship and not the other. Time difference when power hour/happy hour is held.

2. Elite/Platinum lounge cocktail hour on some ships and not others.

3. Wine card on one ship not others.

4. Ability to print off copy of statement yourself in Purser's office on one ship but not others.

4. Hot tubs/spa close at 8PM on one ship but midnight on another.

5. Some ships have show times of 7:00 and 10:15 allowing you to catch two acts (8:00 PM seating) while others go for 8:00 and 10:15 thus eliminating the ability to catch two shows.

6. You get a letter from Headquarters telling you you can have lunch in the MDR on day of Boarding but Dining Room staff say no. Why?

7. Differences in beers offered on ships operating out of same port. ie no Blue Moon.

8. Differences in promotions offered aboard. ie. T-shirt with purchase of bucket of beer on one ship but not another.

I'm looking for consistency of product.

Just an opinion.

Dennis

Archived