What services could Princess add?

Working 2 Cruise

We all have been talking about what has been taken away, and since Princess now I would really be interested in knowing what people would like to see Princess to add to their cruises...

I, for one, would love to see a drinks card like Celebrity has. I am sure almost everyone, if not everyone, has interesting ideas.

Let's hear them!

Priority tender embarkation for returning to the ship, for Elite members of the Captain's Circle.

I think that this would lead to GREAT confusion at some docks, AND waste a great deal of time. It seems to me that some 'Elite' cruisers seem to want a little too much. I say this knowing that I am close to that 'Title' myself.

I recall in my early days asking someone what an "Elite Cruiser' was. His reply? 'Just a person who has spent too much money with Princess'.

john

We all have been talking about what has been taken away, and since Princess now I would really be interested in knowing what people would like to see Princess to add to their cruises...

I, for one, would love to see a drinks card like Celebrity has. I am sure almost everyone, if not everyone, has interesting ideas.

Good idea. We used to have those on HAL, but for some reason they dropped the plan.

I would like to see Princess serve a better grade of coffee, at no extra charge, along with juices at lunch and dinner.

john

Priority tender embarkation for returning to the ship, for Elite members of the Captain's Circle.

I've been saying that for years & pretty much everyone has jumped on me saying that it would cause hard feelings. Consider the fact that at embarkation when there are sometimes a hundred people standing there at times, both the Platinum & Elite can get priority entrance & that doesn't seem to bother anyone walking past everyone in the process. Surely a few dozen or so wouldn't slow down the boarding line for the tender all that much.

How about donation boxes for clothing and other things that you don't want to take home with you, also, for items left on lounges longer than 1/2 hour. The boxes would be delivered to the next port.

Now that is a totally GREAT idea... been on the 'Islands' many times and the most sought after item for a 'tip' were - blue geans and sneakers.

(Plus.. we could get rid of a lot of items that were 'misplaced' on those loungers that nobody was using). :D

Being able to order a hot breakfast for room service & dinner in the room should you not feel like going out or better still just want to relax on the comfort of your balcony

Book a suite and you wil get it. If they added that perk for everyone, I'm afraid that would mean added galley & room service staff and cruise prices would go up.

Being able to order a hot breakfast for room service & dinner in the room should you not feel like going out or better still just want to relax on the comfort of your balcony

We've been able to order hot breakfast and things off the dinner menus in the DR's for room service....

We've been able to order hot breakfast and things off the dinner menus in the DR's for room service....

Correct...on RCI ships you can have a hot breakfast from room service and order dinner off the MDR menu to your cabin..regardless of catagory of cabin your staying in...

I've been saying that for years & pretty much everyone has jumped on me saying that it would cause hard feelings. Consider the fact that at embarkation when there are sometimes a hundred people standing there at times, both the Platinum & Elite can get priority entrance & that doesn't seem to bother anyone walking past everyone in the process. Surely a few dozen or so wouldn't slow down the boarding line for the tender all that much.

In my experience the so called Platinum and Elite lines board no faster than the 'Unwashed Lines', in fact I recall on NCL one time while being on a so called 'approved line' seeing many later comers getting in ahead of me.

Lets face it, it takes a little bit of our time to board a cruise ship, and IMO, first come, first served is the best, fairest, and quickest method that there is. I should add that while wheel chairs SHOULD get priority, just for the record I am happy to report that my wife and I do not have to use such devices.

john

john

In my experience the so called Platinum and Elite lines board no faster than the 'Unwashed Lines', in fact I recall on NCL one time while being on a so called 'approved line' seeing many later comers getting in ahead of me.

Lets face it, it takes a little bit of our time to board a cruise ship, and IMO, first come, first served is the best, fairest, and quickest method that there is. I should add that while wheel chairs SHOULD get priority, just for the record I am happy to report that my wife and I do not have to use such devices.

john

john

Normally I would agree that the lines once inside do move quickly but on our last trip they walked Elites past 150 people standing outside waiting at the door to get in. Elite should have it's privileges.

You can already do this on Celebrity.

I would like to see interactive TV's where you can check your shipboard account, order room service, view dining room menus and book shore excursions. Our last cruise on RCI had this, and I thought it was very convenient.

Book a suite and you wil get it. If they added that perk for everyone, I'm afraid that would mean added galley & room service staff and cruise prices would go up.

Holland America does this and their prices are similar to Princess's.

Day before new port, short briefing ( could be on TV) about local people and particularities of port. Little geography; history; politics; architecture;currency;local transportation; points of interest etc. Also, the basics language polite and practical expressions ( with correct pronunciation- sometimes reading in a travel dictionnary isn't really helpful). Expressions like : hello, please,thank you, where is the ship ;) ; where are the WC. These could also be available on a litle card that you could bring ashore. ( I made my own for the Baltic cruise, new language every day , and really appreciated having them).

Don't remember if it is on the PAtter but : sunrise and sunset times.

Archived