Which is better?

bdruzin

i will be in Barcelona for 2 days pre-cruise. Should I do the 2 day HOHO or is it better to get a Barcelona card?

We bought a 2 day card and never used the second day. Stay on for the whole ride the first day, see where you want to go back to and walk it. I think it was the red line that we used.There are so many ins and outs, especially in the gothic quarter.

We were in Barcelona this summer and bought a t-10 card. The card is good for the metro and buses. Public transport is very good and easy to use. Check out the metro website and the places you would like to see. I forget which public bus we took, but there is one bus that does the loop of all the main sights, great for the first day in barcelona. Enjoy your trip, it's a great city.

We were just in Barcelona the end of August and did the red bus HOHO and one day was enough to give us an overview...Enjoy the Las Ramblas and a walk through the La Bouqueria..and do get off the HOHO at La Sagrada Familia..hopefully you will time it right, the line only took us 15min to purchase our tickets and go inside..the HOHO then comes by every 30 min...

The t-10 transport card is a good value. It is good for 10 rides on bus/metro and can be shared so with 2 people it is good for 5 rides each. It can be bought from machines in the metro stations.

The other good value IF you will go to 3 of the included places is the Arteticket.

This allows entry with NO waiting on line for some museums and La Pedrera(1 of the Gaudi buildings)

http://bcnshop.barcelonaturisme.com/Articket-Barcelona/

I should add that I don't think the Barcelona Card is a good value and I don't like crowded hop on hop off buses to get around a city.

• 3 weeks later...

We were in Barcelona recently for three days pre-cruise, and we tried both: the HoHo bus on the first day when we were seriously jet-lagged and too tired to walk around much, and then, the T-10 card when we actually wanted to get somewhere in a reasonable amount of time. The HoHo bus is more like a tour than efficient transportation. If the weather is nice and you manage to get a seat on the top deck, it can be fun. But, for getting from Point A to B, the Barcelona Metro and taxis are much more efficient, saving a lot of time. The Metro is easy to master, and taxis are a great deal, especially if you have more than two people traveling together. Enjoy Barcelona!

My mom and mom-in-law will be in Barcelona in mid-January and I figured the HOHO would be a good option for them as (a) it will probably be much less crowded than in the summertime, and (b) they can get info on the area and decide where they want to get off instead of using metro or having to plan a bus route. Any opinions?

Also, anyone know the recent going rate for the HOHO tix?

Thanks!

My mom and mom-in-law will be in Barcelona in mid-January and I figured the HOHO would be a good option for them as (a) it will probably be much less crowded than in the summertime, and (b) they can get info on the area and decide where they want to get off instead of using metro or having to plan a bus route. Any opinions?

Also, anyone know the recent going rate for the HOHO tix?

Thanks!

We just did the HOHO in August and with a senior rate (only offered by Barcelona City Tour red buses) it was 37 Euros for the two of us. Their website is www.barcelonacitytour.cat Enjoy this great way to get an overview of the city...

Archived