Bus from port to downtown

hybrn8

Anyone know which bus (es) depart the Aloha Towers area and travel to the middle of Waikiki beach area? Have been to Hawaii many times and we thought we would just hop a city bus and hang out at one of the beachfront hotels and maybe get a good meal whilst there. Thanks.

You do have to go a few blocks to catch it (sorry, can't remember exactly the street as it was last December). When we got off the ship in Honolulu, there were lots of people holding signs for shuttle services, but none of them were free (unlike the other ports). I asked about the city bus, but the ones I asked said there wasn't any routes nearby...so we got together with some others wanting to go to the Ala Moana shopping center and asked for a deal. After doing some shopping and having lunch there, we walked to Waikiki. From across the street from the Hilton, we caught the bus back north (we got the correct bus number from a serviceman waiting to catch the same bus to Hickham). It was a short walk from the bus stop back to the Tower, so we knew we weren't getting the right info from the shuttle people.

Buses to airport are #19 and #20. Not sure how close to Aloha Tower, but just think you need to cross main road to catch bus. Will check proximity to Aloha Tower when we are there in December/January. When are you going, BudgetQueen, and what cruise line? Will try to remember to report back. We will be on TheBus several times during our over 3 weeks on Oahu!

Bus from Airport to Downtown: I've done this a few times with a carry-on bag. It will take 35 - 40 minutes.

Buses to Airport from Aloha Tower: Correct, take #19 or 20. Catch it across the street (Ala Moana) from Aloha Tower on Alakea Street.

Going to Waikiki: if the bus stop nearest your ship is packed, just walk a block or two up Bishop Street and catch the bus 1 stop before it gets to Aloha Tower!

The Bus fare is currently $2.50 for adults. Ask for a transfer slip and you can use it up to 2 hours (I think) for a return trip.

Hint: use the Google Transit application on the home page of TheBus.org website to get bus routes and times. For Aloha Tower, simply type "Aloha Tower" into the "Start Address" and wherever you wish to go in the "Destination Address" box. You don't need physical addresses. Use landmarks (ie. Aloha Tower) or cross streets (Alakea and Ala Moana).

Buses to airport are #19 and #20. Not sure how close to Aloha Tower' date=' but just think you need to cross main road to catch bus. Will check proximity to Aloha Tower when we are there in December/January. When are you going, BudgetQueen, and what cruise line? Will try to remember to report back. We will be on TheBus several times during our over 3 weeks on Oahu![/quote']

I'm going 2/12, on NCL. I'm flying in from Kona, and would be taking The Bus from the airport to Aloha Towers.

Archived