diamond lounge

nolimits

Liberty's DL is fabulous and far nicer than the Concierge Lounge, IMO. Same drinks and appies, plus breakfast in the morning, all the same amenities and a killer view. Enjoy!

OMG - I read your post quickly and I thought you said "drinks and apples".

I thought that was odd - Drinks and apples? Gee, in the CL I saw lots of nice hour'dourves but no fruit....

Yes, I was in the CL last November when we had a suite and I never went to the Diamond Lounge but my travelling companion said that he was talking to someone who said that the DL was so much nicer than the CL. Well, this year no CL so DL here I come in about 33 days!i The CL was nice but it was small and when it got crowded it was crowded. MY suite (1648) was just around the corner of the CL so it was easy to just pop in there at 5 or so to grab a glass of champagne and get my buddy a wine but now I will high tail up to deck 14. Since it has views and is bigger it sounds better. Besides, now that I hear they are allowing kids in the CL (nothing against kids) there will be fewer seats.

We have very much enjoyed the DL's on the Indy & Liberty especially the outside patio area..although it can get very crowded especially during Caribbean itineraries..just the opposite of the Med sailings...Once you go to the DL you will not go back to the CL on the Freedom class ships..;)

Will be on Liberty soon! Is smoking allowed on the outside patio area of the DL? We would love to get breakfast and sit out there in the fresh air in the mornings, but if there are people smoking next to us, we wouldn't enjoy it as much. Thanks! :)

Yup ... just the DE on Navigator. I really enjoyed the DL on Freedom ... good view, great service ... and, they made space with the other rooms in the Viking Crown if it got too crowded.

I agree. I love that they use the other rooms when it gets too crowded.

Will be on Liberty soon! Is smoking allowed on the outside patio area of the DL? We would love to get breakfast and sit out there in the fresh air in the mornings, but if there are people smoking next to us, we wouldn't enjoy it as much. Thanks! :)

Yes, on the smoking, unless thinks have changed since we were there one year ago. Note, the breakfast is a buffet continental type, not hot bacon & eggs, etc., like in the CL on Oasis and Allure Of The Seas.

I'll be going on the Liberty and the Allure for the first time in January. Can someone describe the breakfast options in the DL and/or CL on both ships? Not a huge fan of WJ breakfast, except for made to order eggs. Would love to know about the alternatives.

I'll be going on the Liberty and the Allure for the first time in January. Can someone describe the breakfast options in the DL and/or CL on both ships? Not a huge fan of WJ breakfast, except for made to order eggs. Would love to know about the alternatives.

I could be wrong, but don't those ships also have the diamond breakfast area (not in the CL or DL, but near the restaurant?) We enjoyed that area for breakfast on the Radiance. Could be another option for you? That area had great breakfasts, superior service, and was very quiet.

Will be back on the Freedom for the first time since turning Diamond a few cruises back. Looking forward to the DL, though we really enjoyed the CL on the Freedom the first time around, we found it too closed in with no view.

Excited about the new choice for us! :D

Allure has hot breakfast in the CL, including made to order eggs.

I'm not sure about Liberty, but I thought if a ship had a dedicated DL (which Liberty does), then there was no Diamond breakfast area in the MDR. You would find continental breakfast and specialty coffee in the DL, but I don't think there is a hot breakfast.

Just took the virtual tour of the Liberty and Freedom specifically looking at the DL. On our Liberty cruise a while back it wasn't half that and had no patio. We never checked it out on Freedom because we were traveling with Platinum members. We'll be using both DL and CL as the CL is just too damn convenient and we like checking in with concierge. Can't wait.

I could be wrong, but don't those ships also have the diamond breakfast area (not in the CL or DL, but near the restaurant?) We enjoyed that area for breakfast on the Radiance. Could be another option for you? That area had great breakfasts, superior service, and was very quiet.

Ships with a DL do not have a separate daily Diamond Breakfast area in the MDR unfortunately.

Allure has hot breakfast in the CL, including made to order eggs.

I'm not sure about Liberty, but I thought if a ship had a dedicated DL (which Liberty does), then there was no Diamond breakfast area in the MDR. You would find continental breakfast and specialty coffee in the DL, but I don't think there is a hot breakfast.

Thanks for this info! I will look forward to a nice hot breakfast in the CL. I've done the Diamond breakfast in the MDR once on the Enchantment and I wasn't really impressed. It was just like a normal breakfast for me, except in a smaller setting. I don't drink specialty coffee.

Question: DH and I are D+. Our 2 DDs and DGD are sailing with us on the Allure, in a different cabin. Will they be able to come to breakfast with us in the CL? They are not D+.

Question: DH and I are D+. Our 2 DDs and DGD are sailing with us on the Allure, in a different cabin. Will they be able to come to breakfast with us in the CL? They are not D+.

According to the rules, no. But that's not to say it doesn't happen.

Just took the virtual tour of the Liberty and Freedom specifically looking at the DL. On our Liberty cruise a while back it wasn't half that and had no patio. We never checked it out on Freedom because we were traveling with Platinum members. We'll be using both DL and CL as the CL is just too damn convenient and we like checking in with concierge. Can't wait.

The DL on the Liberty "does" indeed have an outside connecting patio separated by large sliding glass doors..I've sat there many times;)... You may well be disappointed on the size and lack of windows in the CL on Liberty and the reason why so many D+'s prefer the DL..The DL concierge gives you the same wonderful personal attention/service as does the concierge in the CL.. Wherever you decide to be Enjoy !!!

Unfortunately - they allow smoking out there so we've never been able to use it! Otherwise it would be wonderful!!

Colleen

Archived