After sale price rise

hunt182644

We are contemplating a Feb. or March 2012 Panama Canal cruise. Room location not that important, just trying to book it on the cheap. The weeklong sale just ended and Hal has raised most category prices at least $100.00. We have never sailed with Hal before.My question for those who follow Hal policy when do they usually drop price again?

We are contemplating a Feb. or March 2012 Panama Canal cruise. Room location not that important, just trying to book it on the cheap. The weeklong sale just ended and Hal has raised most category prices at least $100.00. We have never sailed with Hal before.My question for those who follow Hal policy when do they usually drop price again?

Tough question with no good answer.....maybe, sometimes, and never can all be right. HAL, like probably every other cruise line, has its own business model and way of determining what is selling, what isn't, and how best to price accordingly.

I agree a good question without a good answer. Sometimes they go up and sometimes they go down. Everything depends on the economy and the demand. The closer you get to spring break (as a rule, sometimes, maybe) they stay the same or increase.

It also seems to have something to do with where the ship is going. My South America and Antarctica trip in January 2011 never decreased in price from when I booked it, 8 months prior to the cruise, and so far my March 2012 South America cruise has also not decreased in price.

If that ship, that cruise, is selling well, you might see a price increase. If it is not selling well, as it comes closer to final payment (and more likely after final payment date), there might be a price decrease but no one can say for sure....... except those with their finger on the pricing button..... the people in Seattle who make those decisions. :)

I'm interested in getting a balcony on the NA cruise that I decided to switch to. I had a balcony booked on the Celebrity cruise that I cancelled. I just noticed the price has increased by $100 today so I for sure can't justify it. I'm still hoping it will go down some. Funny thing is my Bermuda cruise went down $167. You just never know.

We got the sale last October for the Caribbean season - saved a third, This year it was the same three day sale in the same week and the same discount (about a third off after cruise compete). We booked the same cruise - love HA.

This is my cruise price timeline for our 11 night Zuiderdam next January 16.

Booked VF Balcony GTY last July 30...$1949 pp

Noticed sale Sept 10th weekend, VH GTY...$1499 pp (obviously rebooked...Woo-Hoo! And yes, we're waiting for our cabin assignment)

After sale was over, price went up to $1799 and that's where it's been up through the cruise week sale recently (Oct).

Now $1949 again (sigh) but so glad I watched HAL website.

So basically it was about a month before final payment when HAL had the big sale on our cruise.

We booked a March 2012 PC transit Collectors Voyage (RT FL) early this year. Yesterday I saw there was a price drop - $600 each ($1200 total) for Category I. I called in today and am good to go.

DS will be joining us in San Diego for a 1-way transit - no price drop for him - but I'm watching.

Archived