Tuscan Grille, Murano, or Silk Harvest for Anniversary Dinner?

CactusGirly

We are in a suite, so have one complimentary specialty reservation, but plan to book at least one of the other two as well. For our anniversary, which of the 3 would those who have been on the Solstice before recommend? Any special table to request to enhance a romantic evening?

We are in a suite, so have one complimentary specialty reservation, but plan to book at least one of the other two as well. For our anniversary, which of the 3 would those who have been on the Solstice before recommend? Any special table to request to enhance a romantic evening?

Most elegant and romanic: Murano

I spent one evening at Murano and recommend it highly for a quiet, romantic dinner. Service was impeccable and the lobster was delicious!!!

I'd vote Tuscan Grill for the food and panoramic views of the ship's wake.

Tuscan Grille is my favorite, but it's not romantic. It is described as an "Italian Steakhouse". Can get very, very loud since atmosphere is more lively. Children allowed in Tuscan, but not in Murano. Service excellent in both. The view in Tuscan is the best on the ship, but you probablly won't see water at night.

Hi CactusGirly,

As others have mentioned, if you desire a quiet and romantic evening, Murano is the way to go. On the other hand, if you enjoy Steak, and want an absolutely spectacular view - then Tuscan Grille is your best bet. Ask for a Table by the windows, and try to time your reservation around Sunset. It's a fantastic experience. If your budget permits, I recommend dining at both Murano & Tuscan. It's always fun celebrating a special event twice :)

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful Anniversary Cruise !

We love Murano and Tuscan Grill. When you get on board, go to both restaurants and check the "ambiance" and the menus. For an anniversary, I would choose the more intimate setting of Murano. We like the food and more lively environment of the Tuscan Grill. Last cruise on Solstice, we went to both a total of 5 times.

I spent one evening at Murano and recommend it highly for a quiet, romantic dinner. Service was impeccable and the lobster was delicious!!!

We ate at the Tuscan Grill on the Eclipse and enjoyed it very much. We too will celebrate our anniversary on the Silhouette. I'm allergic to shellfish. I'm interested in trying Murano, but I'm allergic to shellfish. Anything on the menu for me?

I personally prefer Tuscan but Murano is a lovely place to spend a quiet, elegant anniversary. You've gotten good advise here so pick the spot that best suits what you are looking for. ENJOY and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

We ate at the Tuscan Grill on the Eclipse and enjoyed it very much. We too will celebrate our anniversary on the Silhouette. I'm allergic to shellfish. I'm interested in trying Murano, but I'm allergic to shellfish. Anything on the menu for me?

I generally select the steak, but I ask them to get the filet from Tuscan and prepare it as they did on the old Murano menu. They do it everytime. I mention this only so you know that with advanced notice they will attempt to satisfy your wishes. Tell them about any food allergies so that they will isolate your dishes from others.

I generally select the steak, but I ask them to get the filet from Tuscan and prepare it as they did on the old Murano menu. They do it everytime. I mention this only so you know that with advanced notice they will attempt to satisfy your wishes. Tell them about any food allergies so that they will isolate your dishes from others.

Thanks.

murano without a doubt for the romance, ambiance and service. happy anniversary when it comes.

we have dined in muranos many times and everything we have tried has been excellant. try to pick something that has to be cooked at the table eg lobster, filet mignon (well the sauce is prepared in front of you), dover sole etc as it adds to the dining experience.

without question..Murano. On our last cruise on the eclipse we ate one meal at each of the specialty restaurants and then we went back to the Tuscan Grill because of a special discount offer since I attended a cooking demonstration. Qsine is not romantic, but should not be missed for at least one meal. Murano was outstanding as always..we've eaten at Murano on a number of ships and the meal is always outstanding with elegant but not obtrusive service. The Tuscan grill has the most interesting menu, but in our experience the food just didn't live up to the menu, and although we ate there twice, we would not rush back, at least on the eclipse.

For romantic...plan for a 2 to 2 1/2 hour unrushed meal at Murano. You don't need the wine pairing menu....just order a nice bottle of wine and enjoy it during your meal.

Murano for sure, when i did 44 days on Century, we ate 43 nights in Murano ..it is a fleet wide record lol

on S class the windows look on nothing so the only romanic table would be a corner one that is darker, get lobster tail and filet or 2 tails one reg one stuffed, very tastie....lobster bisque soup, I will be there in less than 4 weeks

plenty, choose from...................................................................

mushroom soup and various salads, fois gras, goats cheese souffle, filet mignon, duck, rack of lamb, venison as well as dover sole and turbot which are not shellfish. so as you can see you have a lot of great choices.

remember to inform the maitre'd in the MDR as well as Murano's of your allergy ASAP.

We were on Solstice in January celebrating our 10th anniversary. We planned to celebrate it in Murano. But our general cruise reservation indicated we were celebrating our anniversary. As a result we were presented with celebration cakes (after our regular desserts) in both the Tuscan Grille and Murano. They started to bring a third our second to last night in the MDR and my husband politely told them thank you but no. We still had leftovers of the other 2 cakes in our stateroom:D

I agree with most of the opinions above. Murano has a more elegant romantic setting, and the meal was terrific. But we also loved Tuscan Grille and happened to go on a slow night so it was quiet, and we sat right at the window at sunset, which was also lovely. The food there was also terrific, but the quantity was astounding. We did not even cut into the aforementioned celebration cake that night!

Murano for sure, when i did 44 days on Century, we ate 43 nights in Murano ..it is a fleet wide record lol

on S class the windows look on nothing so the only romanic table would be a corner one that is darker, get lobster tail and filet or 2 tails one reg one stuffed, very tastie....lobster bisque soup, I will be there in less than 4 weeks

Yummy! Thanks for the suggestions!

This is tough one to answer. Out of the three, I really wouldn't recommend SH for an anniversary dinner UNLESS you're really into asian cuisine. We found SH to be incredibly good, but I don't know that I'd choose it for an anniversary celebration. That said, out of the other two, I think I would lean more towards Murano, but TG is an equally good choice. You really can't go wrong with either.

Yes! A progressive dinner! :) Depends on what you want to eat/atmosphere of restaurant.

Archived