Tuscan Grille, Murano, or Silk Harvest for Anniversary Dinner?

CactusGirly

We're celebrating our 50th Anniversay during our Eclipse cruise; enjoyed the Murano on many cruises as well as Tuscan. We booked our anniversay dinner in Murano for the ambience and delightful menu. My birthday is also during this cruise, so we booked the Tuscan Grille....lucky me!

We are in a suite, so have one complimentary specialty reservation, but plan to book at least one of the other two as well. For our anniversary, which of the 3 would those who have been on the Solstice before recommend? Any special table to request to enhance a romantic evening? *****

My preference is for the window table for two (heavily draped wih Austrian festoons as it looks out onto lifeboats -- I peeked). We've also enjoyed a banquette facing that table. If you're Captains Club, email your request. Having said that, I've forgotten to do that myself.

I'm traveling solo and wonder if I'll feel overwhelmed by an over attentive staff. I wouldn't think of imposing on someone else's special evening. I was glad to read there are tables for two. All the pictures I've seen have been of huge tables.

Murano for sure, when i did 44 days on Century, we ate 43 nights in Murano ..it is a fleet wide record lol

on S class the windows look on nothing so the only romanic table would be a corner one that is darker, get lobster tail and filet or 2 tails one reg one stuffed, very tastie....lobster bisque soup, I will be there in less than 4 weeks

Does Murano's still have lobster tail? I read a post on CC but don't remember where that all they had was lobster newburg and I cancelled our reservation but now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have.

Does Murano's still have lobster tail? I read a post on CC but don't remember where that all they had was lobster newburg and I cancelled our reservation but now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have.

Yes and it is prepared table-side. Very nicely sauced and quite delicious. Warm water, unfortunately.

Get there early & request a seat for 2 at the rear of the ship in the Tuscan Grill .You will over look the ships wake & it is very romantic;) .

Try not to eat too much during the day ;because there is just too much great food at the Tuscan Grill :D. Order a nice wine to go along with dinner:D.

Just returned from Solstice - would not recommend Murano, very poor experience, slow pretentious service, apart from explaining what was on the plate they did nothing different. Indifferent food served lukewarm on cold plates. We thought the menu very restricted. Not even napkins draped over laps - we were told this was for hygiene reasons - funny how they could do it in The Brand Epernay every evening!

The offered to get me another meal but I told them that the experience was not close to what I had expected and that I didn't want anything else - the waiter a few minutes later without any consultation appeared with another meal, vennison which is something I dislike and would never order - so presumptious.

Had a robust discussion with the manager and I'm still waiting for the refund of the speciality restaurant charge which he promised. Have emailed Celebrity on that one!

Food was so good in The Grand Epernay and so well served that we did not risk another spoilt evening in any of the "speciality" restaurants.

Just returned from Solstice - would not recommend Murano, very poor experience, slow pretentious service, apart from explaining what was on the plate they did nothing different. Indifferent food served lukewarm on cold plates. We thought the menu very restricted. Not even napkins draped over laps - we were told this was for hygiene reasons - funny how they could do it in The Brand Epernay every evening!

The offered to get me another meal but I told them that the experience was not close to what I had expected and that I didn't want anything else - the waiter a few minutes later without any consultation appeared with another meal, vennison which is something I dislike and would never order - so presumptious.

Had a robust discussion with the manager and I'm still waiting for the refund of the speciality restaurant charge which he promised. Have emailed Celebrity on that one!

Food was so good in The Grand Epernay and so well served that we did not risk another spoilt evening in any of the "speciality" restaurants.

Wow, sorry you had such a bad meal. Your not the first one I heard say that they were disappointed in Murano's. I guess it all depends on what night your there and what type of experience you have and what ship your on. Just like going to any restaurant. I don't even like recommending restaurants because it could be good every time your there and then bring friends one time after raving about the place and it's bad......go figure!! Well, maybe I'll just keep the 2 reservations I have at the Tuscan Grill and at the Lawn Club Grill and eat the other 10 nights in the MDR with our friends.

Get there early & request a seat for 2 at the rear of the ship in the Tuscan Grill .You will over look the ships wake & it is very romantic;) .

Try not to eat too much during the day ;because there is just too much great food at the Tuscan Grill :D. Order a nice wine to go along with dinner:D.

Thanks, I'll remember that. I did make early reservations because I love looking at the ships wake. and wanted to be there while it was still daylight.

I'm traveling solo and wonder if I'll feel overwhelmed by an over attentive staff. I wouldn't think of imposing on someone else's special evening. I was glad to read there are tables for two. All the pictures I've seen have been of huge tables.

I always sail solo and have dined on my own in the Specialty

Restaurants before.:) Every restaurant has 2 tops....as for feeling

overwhelmed? Never happens for me....I love being waited on:D

Not sure why you might think you would be imposing on someone else's

evening though?:confused:.....the restaurant has wait staff for all of us.

Go an enjoy yourself:)

We had our 39th wedding anniversary at Murano on that exact June 17th date during a Solstice sea day. Things worked very well. Below are some of my visuals on the lobster and other dishes, highlights, etc. We did all three of the speciality places on the Solstice and enjoyed each one very much. It adds a nice variety! See more details from this more detailed post:

Speciality Dining Photos/Tips:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1434523&page=2

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 46,432 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Here is an overview for this wonderfully appointed Murano room with nice wood, ceiling, glass, etc., details. Maximum capacity for seating in 90. For the last night, they have 30 people on a waiting listing. We booked ahead which was smart in order to get a specific date on a sea day.:

MuranoRoomOverview.jpg

The “Creamy Maine Lobster Bisque” is one of their most popular starter items at Murano. It is far different from what is served on the rest of the Solstice. It involves seven hours prep time for the different items. The broth is poured into your bowl with nice drama . . . and great taste. There are ten different starter options. You can have as many courses of starters as you wish. I had a second starter of Diver Scallop Wellington-Style. The warm goat cheese souffle is also a popular item here. :

MuranoLobsterBisque.jpg

Three of us had the Murano Lobster as our main entrees. It is cooked and prepared table-side from lobster tails that are first presented table-side.:

MuranoPrepareLobster.jpg

And then the lobster is served!!!:

MuranoLobsterFinalDish.jpg

My wife had this “Potato-Laced French Turbot” at Murano that looked great on its presentation plate. Tasted good, too!:

MuranoTurbotMainDish.jpg

My dessert choice was “Les VI Etoiles du Murano”. It is six different bite-sized desserts. My wife and I were going to share this one, but she switched for the souffle. I got this whole selection, but, don’t worry, I didn’t and couldn’t eat it all. Very delightful!:

Murano2DessertTimesSix.jpg

Looks good, but do they serve it at all just broiled and in the shell? My hubby just likes it plain with butter. Do they have surf and turf? Lobster tail and a filet?

Yes, I have had surf and turf before.....delish:D

Go for Murano. it's by far the most 'intimate' setting on the Solstice class ships. Tuscan Grille seems OK, and Silk Harvest was nice but not spectacular. I had one meal in Muracno and it was defnitely a nice steakhous/intimate environment. Silk Harvest couldn't compare to it. I have not actually experienced Tuscan Grill, but from reading up on this forusm it seems a slight bit lackign in romance and envirment. That said, i'll be trying Tuscan on my next Solstice class cruise.

Absolutely go to Murano's. Service and food comparable to any five star NYC restaurant. Warm and friendly staff. So good we dined there three times while on the Equinox in October 201. We ate in Silk Harvest and Tuscan Grille as well but Murano's was by far the best.

Dan Hanrahan just stated today that the Tuscan Grill is his favourite location on the whole ship.

We have dined in all three locations and we will pick the Tuscan's experience every time.

However if you ask me to pick your favorite colour or your choice of the best car, I'm sure we will probably disagree.

We will be onboard Solstice for the next five weeks and we will be dining in Tuscan each week, Silk harvest for the opportunity to have different taste buds stimulated and perhaps Murano but only as a third choice. I used to go just for the Goat cheese soufle and the cheese course but the service has changed greatly since in the last year while we were on board Constellation and Summit.. The staff is great wherever you choose to go.

Archived