Pre pay your gratuities now!!!!

BigDfromTN

Just got an email from my PVP. Gratuities are going up to 11.50 per day, starting tomorrow!!!

Here is what she sent me.....

Go online tonight and prepay your gratuities because those who’ve prepaid by tonight will not see the increase to 11.50 a day starting tomorrow – just came across my desk. If you can’t do it call 800 carnival

Just got an email from my PVP. Gratuities are going up to 11.50 per day, starting tomorrow!!!

Here is what she sent me.....

Go online tonight and prepay your gratuities because those who’ve prepaid by tonight will not see the increase to 11.50 a day starting tomorrow – just came across my desk. If you can’t do it call 800 carnival

The day I need to worry about recommended gratuities increasing is the day I need to stay home and eat only fast food.

IMHO the crew deserves well over and above what the recommended amounts are.

My gratuities are already paid, and I agree the staff works hard, but that's a 50% increase per person, per day!

Now, an extra 3.50 per day, or $24.50 for a 7 day cruise per person, may not sound like much, but for our family that is an additional $147 for a total of $441 in tips alone for a family of 6 on a 7 day cruise. :eek:

That pays for a whole nother cruise!

My gratuities are already paid, and I agree the staff works hard, but that's a 50% increase per person, per day!

Now, an extra 3.50 per day, or $24.50 for a 7 day cruise per person, may not sound like much, but for our family that is an additional $147 for a total of $441 in tips alone for a family of 6 on a 7 day cruise. :eek:

I thought it was $1.50 extra per day:confused:

My PVP confirmed it too.

RCL gave months of notice. I think its wrong to not give any notice. Carnival might be a value, but they dont play fair. Im cruising next week and will pay them, but I think they should give notice, not do it overnight

THIS is the only Gripe I have about the whole thing!!!

interesting what they like to shout about, and what they keep quiet.

i see the ambassador has been notified. it will be interesting to see his spin on it. yes, the same one who said the tip was not included in the steakhouse fee.

this is a $42 increase for a family of 4 on a 7 day cruise.

On my calculator.... its 15%

1.50 divided by 10.00 = .15

Ummmm...NO, an increase from the current $10.00 per person/day to $11.50 per person/day is not a 50% increase!

You might want to go back and refigure.......:rolleyes: :o

I thought for your family it was $63 for the week:confused:

How did you come up with $147??

Tips were $10 per day and are going up to $11.50 per day??

Bill

ok, i'm confused, how do you say that is a 50% increase per person per day?... 50% would be if they said the increase was 5.00 per day/person.

you have 6 ppl, normal is 10 per day/pers which is 10 x 7days x 6 ppl is $420.00. new rate 11.50 per day/per is 11.50 x 7days x 6 ppl is $483.00 a 63.00 increase which breaks down to 10.50 each more for the week.

1.50 x my 7 day cruise would be 10.50 extra per person

:confused:

OK .. this does not go into effect until Dec 1st.

My PVP just cleared this up. so if you are cruising in Nov, you will not be affected.

Exactly what our PVP just told me! Dec 1 cruises forward will be affected.

I thought for your family it was $63 for the week:confused:

How did you come up with $147??

Tips were $10 per day and are going up to $11.50 per day??

Bill

They started with an increase of $3.50 per day/per person.....not sure where that came from - but its wrong :o :cool:.

How does one pre pay tips on line?

pretty sure to prepay tips you have to call if you are already booked.

I believe if you book online you can prepay them when you are doing the original booking but after that you have to call.

With CCLs website you are lucky you can make a payment online. The stars have be aligned just right for that to happen.;)

Bill

Archived