Pre pay your gratuities now!!!!

BigDfromTN

:rolleyes:

Great, now there will be a constant squabble over the lousy $1.50 per day.

The 'number crunchers' will all sharpen their pencils.

Nevermind that basic rates are cheap as dirt compared to the cost of everything else one purchases in their daily lives....

yet this $1.50 a day will have the boards all a-buzz.

:rolleyes:

The crew more than earns that. Don't see the big deal.

I couldn't agree with you more! This is not a make or break amount for me! The crew more than earns / deserves every dollar they make.

Now to watch the fireworks...if we thought "shrimp-gate" caused an uproar...this will top it!:eek:

My PVP stated that if you pay your tips TODAY you will be grandfathered in at the $10 pp/pd for cruises leaving Dec 1 and beyond. She says the policy starts tomorrow, which I take to mean that if you book a cruise leaving Dec 4, today and prepay your tips it will be $10pp/pd but if you booked the same cruise tomorrow and prepaid your tips they would be at $11.50 pp/pd.

not sure how they will get around that, when the debit is 11.50 and the credit is 10, per person.

when we have done it, both the debit and credit shows up as the first two items on my account, with a balance of z e r o .

I'm sure if people pay up front (tonight) they too will have a zero balance.

LOL...or else I am sure there will be even MORE uproar on these boards.:D

LOL...ah Carnival, ever the line of hysteria. :p

I asked my PVP and she said it is being announced tomorrow and effective 12/1/11.

Not a big deal to me. We always give more anyway. This is equal to other cruise lines. I was also told that it won't help to prepay if you don't pay off the entire cruise.

Not that it makes much difference, but if I cruise on Nov 27th and return Dec 4th do you think it will affect us?

Wiz

No, I think it only affects cruisings leaving Dec 1st and thereafter. They arent going to do a few days at one rate, and the other days at the other rate. At least thats what I think I heard.

I am in agreement that the workers deserve bigger wages. What I think they should do is grandfather everyone that already has booked a cruise and any new bookings for travel after December 1st state the new rate.

Exactly. That's what RCI did when they increased their suggested gratuity.

when we have done it, both the debit and credit shows up as the first two items on my account, with a balance of z e r o .

guess it depends on the ship- our last two cruises (freedom and Pride) the pre paid tips were never on the bill at all.

our tips are already prepaid- for a cruise in February.

should we just leave it alone-- or call the agent and have her add the difference now

I just called Carnival and the rep confirmed the new policy and started to tell me it was too late to prepay the tips at $10 pppd for my 12/11 cruise on the Valor. When I insisted that I thought it wasn't taking effect until tomorrow, she went through the process of acting like I was going to prepay, and it did populate at the $10, so I went ahead and prepaid.

So yes, if you haven't prepaid by tomorrow, you will be paying $11.50 per person per day for all sailings beginning 12/1 and after.

I just called Carnival and the rep confirmed the new policy and started to tell me it was too late to prepay the tips at $10 pppd for my 12/11 cruise on the Valor. When I insisted that I thought it wasn't taking effect until tomorrow, she went through the process of acting like I was going to prepay, and it did populate at the $10, so I went ahead and prepaid.

So yes, if you haven't prepaid by tomorrow, you will be paying $11.50 per person per day for all sailings beginning 12/1 and after.

How could they say that when the new policy hasn't even been officially announced?

Bill

You may too :o!

It is still possible that even those who are prepaid will be billed for the difference once on board. Kinda like what happened with the old fuel surcharge a few years ago....

Since we don't have anything official - from Carnival - yet.....anything could happen ;)!

Archived