Insulin and X-Ray

frednsb

I sail on Nov. 7 and from the title you can see I am diabetic. I have never sailed since I have been on Insulin. I do not want it X-rayed at security. Can I hand it to them and pass through without it being X-Rayed?

what difference would it make if it was xrayed?

I have never read any complaints on how it was handled and I have cruised with people on insulin, just dont remember them worrying about anything but what to do with the needles and getting the sharp container pronto.

I sail on Nov. 7 and from the title you can see I am diabetic. I have never sailed since I have been on Insulin. I do not want it X-rayed at security. Can I hand it to them and pass through without it being X-Rayed?

To answer your question, Yes you can pass it to the security person and not have it XRayed.

I am not sure how they are going to work the details of this plan, for example I will have 24 days at sea with Carnival after our cruise next month. Does this mean I will be "Gold" with 25 days happening on our next cruise if it were under the new plan next year, or would I be "Gold" on the cruise after next with +/- 30 days upon boarding? In other words is this for cruise days completed or cruise days booked? If completed it would really suck for those people booking a long 14 day transatlantic for their tier level change, particularly if they were just a day or two away from leveling up.

Ike

I am not sure how they are going to work the details of this plan, for example I will have 24 days at sea with Carnival after our cruise next month. Does this mean I will be "Gold" with 25 days happening on our next cruise if it were under the new plan next year, or would I be "Gold" on the cruise after next with +/- 30 days upon boarding? In other words is this for cruise days completed or cruise days booked? If completed it would really suck for those people booking a long 14 day transatlantic for their tier level change, particularly if they were just a day or two away from leveling up.

Ike

:confused:

we travel with insulin for my dad- it is in his carry on- with a note from the dr, what it is and what it is for and the dosage.

It always goes through the scanner-- never a problem.

PS- make sure your agent marked on your booking for a request for a sharps container.

Ike

I dont even know where to start. the tiers are based on what you actually sailed. booked cruises can be cancelled and have nothing to do with tiers.

PS maybe you meant to post this in the thread about loyalty Im thinking, not in the thread about insulin for diabetes

Ike

And for a second I thought I was A - either spending too much time on this board, or B - that I shouldn't be reading threads so early in the morning.

what difference would it make if it was xrayed?

I have never read any complaints on how it was handled and I have cruised with people on insulin, just dont remember them worrying about anything but what to do with the needles and getting the sharp container pronto.

I have already called ahead and arranged for the container.

Thanks!

I have been a type 1 Diabetic for 30 years. If you are flying put your insulin in an additional 3-2-1 bag according to TSA standards. (I also work for in IT for the TSA contract). You can hand the extra bag to the Security guard and they will inspect it. If any bottles are open or have any signs of liquid on them they may swipe the outside of the container an test it.

Same should work for the Cruise lines. If you tend to indulge in a cruise like most people do, take twice as much insulin on the trip with you. I am on an Insulin Pump and found that on any vacation, much less cruising my insulin uptake almost doubles.

Have a happy cruise.

Archived