CHOPS- Oasis/Allure--No more Short Ribs?

nicknack

Wow, that menu pictured above looks good. The starters look so tasty. I could make a meal out of a selection of them alone.

I forget, are you allowed to order more than 1 of each thing in the specialty restaurants? Our TA is treating us to 1 dinner & I think we're going to try Chops.

We did Portofino's 2 years ago on the Radiance & the service was so slooooowww that we bolted & they sent dessert to our room.

While Chops may not be on the same level of Ruth Chris it's still one of the best specialties aboard Royal and I highly recommend it.

I find that odd to say it's a step down from Ruths Chris since I'm not a fan of their steaks and consider them a step down from other top steak houses. I much prefer other restaurants like Smith & Wollensky. I'll have to see what I think of Chops in February and judge for myself.

I find that odd to say it's a step down from Ruths Chris since I'm not a fan of their steaks and consider them a step down from other top steak houses. I much prefer other restaurants like Smith & Wollensky. I'll have to see what I think of Chops in February and judge for myself.

My Chops experience on the Radiance was just as good if not better than my Ruth Chris experience and MUCH cheaper........Ruth Chris is good but after its all said and done, its a chain steakhouse

Our whole bill at Chops including an extra 20% tip would have barely covered one person at a Ruth Chris.

Wow, that menu pictured above looks good. The starters look so tasty. I could make a meal out of a selection of them alone.

I forget, are you allowed to order more than 1 of each thing in the specialty restaurants? Our TA is treating us to 1 dinner & I think we're going to try Chops.

We did Portofino's 2 years ago on the Radiance & the service was so slooooowww that we bolted & they sent dessert to our room.

I’ve had a meal in Chops of a salad or soup and a hot and a cold appetizer, no entrée. With the addition of a few vegetables my husband ordered it was more than enough and gave me a way to taste a variety of items. It was no problem to order extra appetizers, especially if not ordering an entrée.

I recall reading that there is a limit of one entree per person with an extra charge if you wanted to order more than one entree.

Enjoy

M

My Chops experience on the Radiance was just as good if not better than my Ruth Chris experience and MUCH cheaper........Ruth Chris is good but after its all said and done, its a chain steakhouse

Our whole bill at Chops including an extra 20% tip would have barely covered one person at a Ruth Chris.

I know exactly what you mean. We took the 15 year old to Smith & Wolensky for his birthday. 2 appetizers, 3 steaks, 2 sides, 2 desserts, and 2 glasses of wine came out to $350 after tip. Chops gives you a lot more food for a lot less money.

A cut of meat can only get so good, and I agree that the filets I've had in Chops are just as good as any high end steak house I have been to. Maybe I've been lucky, but every time it has been very tender....I order it medium rare. Add their red wine reduction sauce and I am in heaven.

....I order it medium rare. Add their red wine reduction sauce and I am in heaven.

I think this is something that you always have to keep in mind when people talk about their experiences with steak in a restaurant. What temperature they ordered at can make a huge difference in the way it turns out. I always eat mine med-rare (or a little under). I know people that order theirs well done and they definitely do not have the same opinions as I do about some places because the way it is being cooked destroys the intent of the high quality meat or cut being used. My mother used to get her filets butterflied and cooked to well (cringe).

A cut of meat can only get so good, and I agree that the filets I've had in Chops are just as good as any high end steak house I have been to. Maybe I've been lucky, but every time it has been very tender....I order it medium rare. Add their red wine reduction sauce and I am in heaven.

Agreed! Anything past medium rare is ruining a piece of meat IMO :)

A "Choice" cut of beef cooked at medium rare, is MUCH better to me than a "Prime" piece of meat cooked past that point.

. My mother used to get her filets butterflied and cooked to well (cringe).

LOL! My mother does this too :o She ordered the petite filet in Chops and had it butterflied and cooked "well".......She went on and on about how good her steak was. I took a bite and it just about akin to chewing on a piece of beef jerky :p

3 weeks ago on Allure in Chops, we had the 18oz Porterhouse, it was excellent !:D

That's great to hear since I love a good Porterhouse cooked medium rare. :) My favorite cut of meat is the NY Strip and then a filet falls shortly after it, so the best of both worlds.

Archived