CHOPS- Oasis/Allure--No more Short Ribs?

nicknack

Can anyone confirm that the new menu for Chops no longer has short ribs? Didn't they also used to have a shrimp entree as a non-meat alternative which is also off the menu?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/ChopsGrille_Menu_Eng.pdf

That looks like the latest menu to me....the short ribs were not one of their better dishes.

Yea...I love short ribs...but ordering them once at Chops was enough for me.

I love short ribs also but the server was quick to let me know so I avoided them.

wow, my 16 oz bone in ribeye is missing :(

That has been missing for a while now.

I love short ribs also but the server was quick to let me know so I avoided them.

That has been missing for a while now.

It was on there in February :) I havent really looked at the menu since.

Is this the most recent menu? It looks like a menu from about a year ago. I was on the Freedom/Chops in May and thought there was a new menu then that included a goat cheese appetizer as well as a mixed grill that included beef, veal and lamb.

Thanks, M

That is different from the menu in Sept. this year. So is this a "new" menu or a pre- Sept. menu, I wonder? Our menu included a goat cheese soufle and duo oysters as appetizers in addition to this menu. And there was a mixed grill as an entree. That goat cheese souffle was to die for!

It was on there in February :) I havent really looked at the menu since.

It was gone in March on Adventure = no a very happy wife:mad:

Is this the most recent menu? It looks like a menu from about a year ago. I was on the Freedom/Chops in May and thought there was a new menu then that included a goat cheese appetizer as well as a mixed grill that included beef, veal and lamb.

Thanks, M

I am quite sure that was the menu available in June on the Oasis and I am sure the mixed grill was on the Jewel last week. Do not remember seeing the oyster though.

It was gone in March on Adventure = no a very happy wife:mad:

So I guess its totally gone then? :( I was hoping it was an item kind of like eggs benedict in the MDR that is no longer on the menu but available if you request it :o Guess not though

just the other day I went online to check out the current Chops menu for my upcoming cruise and the Shortribs were on there. This was for the Liberty.

I am wondering if they are experimenting on different dishes on some ships.

I never saw a Pork Shank and I am sure the Shortribs and the Ribeye were there. In fact I like ribeye so much more than Filet Mignon I was sitting here the other night planning my menu. (we had a snowstorm here and it seemed like a fun thing to do)

So I guess its totally gone then? :( I was hoping it was an item kind of like eggs benedict in the MDR that is no longer on the menu but available if you request it :o Guess not though

The wife did ask for it on the Oasis but, nope. Maybe it varies ship to ship? The mixed grill was good but it certainly was not a rib eye:(

So which is the new menu or will it vary by ship?

The menu we had in May on the Freedom was the one posted by Crusingator2

We've had the menu posted by NickNack last December on the Radiance.

Both are fine with me but I think I prefer the one I had on the Freedom ( the one posted by Crusingator2)

M

Seeing the menu changes is making me question my reservation. I might switch it to Giovannis on Allure next week. I was really looking forward to the bone in Rib eye

So why not try the porterhouse instead? With that you get both a filet and a new york strip with bone in (which is what gives it it's flavor).

We were on the Oasis June of this year. The ribeye is definitely gone and I had read where someone had asked for it and received it, but not for our sailing. The filet was not good, no flavor and tough, even thought it was medium rare.

(no flaming please, just stating a fact)! We thought we just got a bad cut and ordered it in the MDR to go with the lobster. Again, no flavor and tough. I was sooo disappointed, as I had looked forward to the steak after such rave reviews. I am not picky, BTW! The filet in Giovanni's however was excellent, as was the entire meal.! I don't think we will chance it again as the MDR food was good to excellent.

I had read not so positive reviews of Izumi's (Japanese) on the Oasis and it was without a doubt the best food ever. The hot rocks had been discussed and most thought they weren't great but we found just the opposite. The beef melted in your mouth. The lobster roll with champagne had the best sauce for dipping. I'm still craving that. If you are a sake lover try the one infused with lemongrass! My bar bill didn't like it, but I sure did. Also stopped in right when they opened for take out sushi rolls to enjoy by the pool. I wish i had found this place earlier. There is also a great view if you sit by the window. It's like an infinity edge, incredible! Perfect for pre-dinner drinks or appetizers. We are going again in April and Izumi's will be my first stop. I am sure the Allure is no different!!!

I had read not so positive reviews of Izumi's (Japanese) on the Oasis and it was without a doubt the best food ever. The hot rocks had been discussed and most thought they weren't great but we found just the opposite. The beef melted in your mouth. The lobster roll with champagne had the best sauce for dipping. I'm still craving that. If you are a sake lover try the one infused with lemongrass! My bar bill didn't like it, but I sure did. Also stopped in right when they opened for take out sushi rolls to enjoy by the pool. I wish i had found this place earlier. There is also a great view if you sit by the window. It's like an infinity edge, incredible! Perfect for pre-dinner drinks or appetizers. We are going again in April and Izumi's will be my first stop. I am sure the Allure is no different!!!

Thanks for the Izumi tip. Chops seems kind of generic and a step down from Morton's/Ruth's Chris, especially if they're not even serving USDA Prime beef (and it's not mentioned on the menu). Places like Izumi, 150, Samba seem like better destinations on the Allure.

Thanks for the Izumi tip. Chops seems kind of generic and a step down from Morton's/Ruth's Chris, especially if they're not even serving USDA Prime beef (and it's not mentioned on the menu). Places like Izumi, 150, Samba seem like better destinations on the Allure.

While Chops may not be on the same level of Ruth Chris it's still one of the best specialties aboard Royal and I highly recommend it.

Archived