Diamonds in Dec. points question

39august

For those who have cruised during a previous D in D, is it double or triple points? Since CSR's at RCI seem uninformed, I think I can get a more accurate answer here. We stay in GS's so always get double points. So how many points am I going to actually earn on this 7 night cruise, 28?

For those who have cruised during a previous D in D, is it double or triple points? Since CSR's at RCI seem uninformed, I think I can get a more accurate answer here. We stay in GS's so always get double points. So how many points am I going to actually earn on this 7 night cruise, 28?

You will get 21

21 points is the correct number.

I mean....seriously:rolleyes:....just do the math....you can't be throwing masses up the ranks without changes.

Why not? I mean, in this case, you're already a diamond, and if it gets you to chase, what does RCI lose? The cost of the difference of the perks at the levels from diamond on are pretty minimal, especially compared to what a repeat customer brings to the table.

Why not? I mean, in this case, you're already a diamond, and if it gets you to chase, what does RCI lose? The cost of the difference of the perks at the levels from diamond on are pretty minimal, especially compared to what a repeat customer brings to the table.

Diamond does not get use of the CL where Diamond + does...that is the single most big difference...and a big one....especially for ships like Oasis/Allure then all the other ships that don't have D lounges... there are only so many folks these lounges can hold...and throwing loads of new D and D+ out there is going to create a problem....that is why I do believe that changes are again coming.

Diamond does not get use of the CL where Diamond + does...that is the single most big difference...and a big one....especially for ships like Oasis/Allure then all the other ships that don't have D lounges... there are only so many folks these lounges can hold...and throwing loads of new D and D+ out there is going to create a problem....that is why I do believe that changes are again coming.

My point exactly, the cost to RCI for the CL is minimal. What do they gain by excluding customers who have already show they are willing to cruise often? Better they toss them a few perks, than risk them moving to a new cruise line.

My point exactly, the cost to RCI for the CL is minimal. What do they gain by excluding customers who have already show they are willing to cruise often? Better they toss them a few perks, than risk them moving to a new cruise line.

It doesn't have to do with cost it has to do with crowds...and they are already overcrowd....not to mention they just added that now kids are allowed. Of course Royal wants people to chase loyalty levels...they wouldn't be doing D in Dec Promo if they didn't....but it also doesn't mean they wouldn't make changes...not sure how long you have been around....last year was a big change shortly after the promo ran...year before D got kicked out of the CL...more changes will be coming...it's inevitable.

It doesn't have to do with cost it has to do with crowds...and they are already overcrowd....not to mention they just added that now kids are allowed. Of course Royal wants people to chase loyalty levels...they wouldn't be doing D in Dec Promo if they didn't....but it also doesn't mean they wouldn't make changes...not sure how long you have been around....last year was a big change shortly after the promo ran...year before D got kicked out of the CL...more changes will be coming...it's inevitable.

Maybe that's an argument for expanding the program, and the space. It's obviously popular. BTW, change happens all the time, and my assumption is RCI will make changes they feel are most beneficial to their bottom line. Some of their changes, the kids one is a good example, I don't see, but then again, I don't have access to whatever information they used to decide on that change.

Diamonds in December does not (as a program) create any new Diamonds. Only people who are already D can get the extra points.

Yes, it will make more D+. But people have repeatedly remarked how difficult it is to get to Pinnacle. Perhaps RC is just trying to make getting to Pinnacle seem more doable.

Diamonds in December does not (as a program) create any new Diamonds. Only people who are already D can get the extra points.

Yes, it will make more D+. But people have repeatedly remarked how difficult it is to get to Pinnacle. Perhaps RC is just trying to make getting to Pinnacle seem more doable.

That gap between D+ and Pinnacle is ...................mighty suspicious:D

Archived