Starbuck on NOS???

As stated, no Starbucks. You will find coffee, tea, and hot chocolate mix in the Cafe Promenade, as well as yummy snacks like little sandwiches, fruit salad, desserts, and the best cookies you will ever taste in your life. :D All of these items are included in your cruise fare.

EDITED to add: no Starbucks on Radiance. I think you meant Seattle's Best Coffee at "Lattetudes". There is a SBC on NOS so not to worry; you can still have your freshly brewed and specialty coffees for a fee.

As stated, no Starbucks. You will find coffee, tea, and hot chocolate mix in the Cafe Promenade, as well as yummy snacks like little sandwiches, fruit salad, desserts, and the best cookies you will ever taste in your life. :D All of these items are included in your cruise fare.

EDITED to add: no Starbucks on Radiance. I think you meant Seattle's Best Coffee at "Lattetudes". There is a SBC on NOS so not to worry; you can still have your freshly brewed and specialty coffees for a fee.

Don't they have Seattle's best on the Freedom class too?

Sorry but YES there is a Starbucks on the Radiance. I bought 14+ cups of Skinny Vanillla Latte's on the 7 days on the ship on our Alaska Cruise this past June. It was brand new, I even had to wait about an hour due to them installing the coffee machine and go over instructions to the help making the coffee.This replaced the "Seattle's Best"

There is no Starbucks, BUT the bar that's immediately right of the Promenade Cafe and before the Ben & Jerry's does have some delicious liquor and flavored coffees. I was on the NOS this past summer and they would have a Captain's Coffee of the Day that would be flavored with various liquors. I tried a couple and they were really good. The one with Tia Maria the last night was potent! They also have some coffee drinks at the Bar near the entrance to the Windjammer. Not quite Starbucks, but in my mind a little better.;)

We were on the Freedom a few weeks ago and were informed by the staff captain that Starbucks would become fleetwide eventually and Seattles Best would go away. Some new contract is in the works or has already been signed. It will be replaced as ships are updated.

Sorry but YES there is a Starbucks on the Radiance. I bought 14+ cups of Skinny Vanillla Latte's on the 7 days on the ship on our Alaska Cruise this past June. It was brand new, I even had to wait about an hour due to them installing the coffee machine and go over instructions to the help making the coffee.This replaced the "Seattle's Best"

No, there isn't. Here is a picture from the Radiance taken by Luckipuris two days ago while the Radiance was docked in Port Melbourne.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2903341500103130516otrkna

No, there isn't. Here is a picture from the Radiance taken by Luckipuris two days ago while the Radiance was docked in Port Melbourne.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2903341500103130516otrkna

If you take a look at your photo you can clearly see that yes they still use the name Latte-tudes but the coffee cups on the counter in the photos are Starbucks cups (See the Logo??). If you look at the upper left of the photo you can even make out the Starbucks logo on the menu.

P.S. As I stated before I watched them install the Starbucks machines and teach them how to make the coffee's.

Even though Seattle's Best is owned by Starbucks does not necessarily mean it is the same coffee. The Seattle's Best is marketed as a "working Man's" coffee. Lower price (usually goes with lower quality) I live in the Ft. Lauderdale, Florida area and according to the Seattle's Best web site I can only get it at Subway and Burger King.

Now don't get me wrong. Just because I think it is probably a lower quality coffee (From what I read on web sites) does not mean it is not good coffee. I for one never had it so if it is on the NOS I will sure try it. I don't look foward to having the coffee usually served at buffets. I just hope I can get a Skinny Vanilla Latte. After having them on the Radiance I spoiled my DW. I now make them at home every night since then.

You're absolutely correct it is a matter of taste. I have friends that like Dunkin Donuts better and they know that I am a Starbucks addict and know how excited I am that a Starbucks will know be on the Oasis. They are teasing me that I will be invited for the cutting ceremony, but I will be on board one week later.

No disrespect, but that's a matter of personal opinion. For myself, Starbucks is rancid - just awful. I know most love it, but I and many others on the board don't care for it. :o

My wife used to say the same thing, but we learned that their coffee is of the strong type. If you wish try asking for their mild blend, it is more of a traditional strength.

If you wish try asking for their mild blend, it is more of a traditional strength.

Thanks, I've done that and it's not really the strength of the brew, as the taste of the beans. They taste burned to me, and I am not the only one who feels that way. It's Starbucks in general, every single franchise.... the way they (over)roast their beans.

If I'm desperate (prone to headaches if I don't have coffee by 4 pm), the only way I can get it down is if I ask for a "short" in a tall cup and have them add hot water. :)

Thanks, I've done that and it's not really the strength of the brew, as the taste of the beans. They taste burned to me, and I am not the only one who feels that way. It's Starbucks in general, every single franchise.... the way they (over)roast their beans.

If I'm desperate (prone to headaches if I don't have coffee by 4 pm), the only way I can get it down is if I ask for a "short" in a tall cup and have them add hot water. :)

Although I love Starbucks coffee, all flavors, a friend turned me onto their Chai Latte. The black tea with the spices gives me caffeine but also the spices relax my mood. If I'm having a stressful day I find them very soothing.

Archived