Princess Caribbean Dress Code if I don't want to go formal

juliam1998

Hi, this is my first cruise ever and will be taking a Thanksgiving vacation on Princess Caribbean and I don't really want to dress up for the formal nights.

Can I just go to a Specialty Restaurant and skip the whole formal night?

Also is it true that on Princess Caribbean my husband won't be able to wear bermuda shorts after 6:00pm?

Don't worry about Formal Nights. I've cruised several times on Princess and the first few times i was worried about it too. However, i've learned that if you just look respectable on formal night (or any night) you won't have any problems. You don't have to avoid the dining room either. (which is a good thing, because it was a formal night in the dining room that I discovered Bananas Foster) :p

Every night, INCLUDING formal night, I wear khakis, decent tennis shoes and a nice polo shirt and i've never had a problem. My partner even has gone so far as to wear nice jeans, a polo shirt and tennis shoes to the dining room on formal night. No problem.

It's not that we are trying to "get away" with something, but dressing up formally just for dinner is a pain (IMHO) and requires an entire extra suitcase. I'm on vacation, i want to have fun and be comfortable, and if possible not check any luggage! (which nowdays is expensive!)

Enjoy Caribbean Princess! She's one of my favorite ships. :)

Welcome to CC

Cruised Carnival and Disney in the Caribbean but suspect not too much different than Princess when it comes to "formal"

You can wear your shorts in the buffet line anytime day or night. If you have your heart set on the speciality and / or regular dining room for dinner bring a nice shirt and pants. I wouldn't go so far as to do jeans, tennies and a polo, but I've seen that in the dining room too. I will share a secret with you, the ship is airconditioned so don't fret that by wearing a pair of khakis and nice dress shirt / shoes will be too hot. I gurantee that even if you only bring one set and wear it every evening you will feel better, not be uncomfortable and enjoy the dining room. Not that the food is 5 star, but formal nights are fun affairs and over the years have come to appreciate the aggrivation of getting dressed up. You will be suprised that even though it is the tropics people do get dressed up.

Enjoy that first cruise!

Hi, this is my first cruise ever and will be taking a Thanksgiving vacation on Princess Caribbean and I don't really want to dress up for the formal nights.

Also is it true that on Princess Caribbean my husband won't be able to wear bermuda shorts after 6:00pm?

I never wear anything officially formal. I have a pair of slinky knit black slacks. Then I have two nice and dressy shells , which I cover with a multi-covered light scarf. Really dangley earrings and I'm ready. I usually join a cruise after traveling around and can't pack heels etc Just no jeans, no shorts.

Archived