Celebrating 50th birthday on the CROWN

wallypbear

In addition to the other excellent suggestions, the Chef's Table would be a great 50th birthday experience to enjoy!

Even with the recent increase to $95/pp, it's a great thing to experience once & for a 50th birthday think it'd be great.

In case you're not aware of what it provides, here's a summary. You go to the galley with the maitre d' & executive chef for a tour with good appetizers & champagne. The dinner in one of the AT dining rooms is great with entrees such as surf & turf, flaming trio of meats or veal shanks/tenderloin plus white wine with the early courses, red wine with the entree & dessert wine to end the meal. Included is a copy of the Princess cookbook signed by the executive chef and/or maitre d', a group photo & a rose for the women.

I think it's the best food onboard & the best overall dining experience. If someone doesn't want all of the wine & champagne, it has been $15 less.

Just something else to consider but if you're interested I'd suggest to board as soon as possible & to call the DINE line to be added to the list for the CT. It can be very popular & only offered a few times per cruise so if you want to consider this option, call immediately upon boarding to be put on the CT's list. :)

I recently sailed on the Crown & the new location for the larger Sabatini's is a big improvement. It has an unobstructed aft from some tables & in general is much nicer than on older ships.

If you tell Princess about your birthday, they will provide a small cake in addition to the other desserts & sing "happy birthday" to you! :D

In addition to the other excellent suggestions, the Chef's Table would be a great 50th birthday experience to enjoy!

Even with the recent increase to $95/pp, it's a great thing to experience once & for a 50th birthday think it'd be great.

In case you're not aware of what it provides, here's a summary. You go to the galley with the maitre d' & executive chef for a tour with good appetizers & champagne. The dinner in one of the AT dining rooms is great with entrees such as surf & turf, flaming trio of meats or veal shanks/tenderloin plus white wine with the early courses, red wine with the entree & dessert wine to end the meal. Included is a copy of the Princess cookbook signed by the executive chef and/or maitre d', a group photo & a rose for the women.

I think it's the best food onboard & the best overall dining experience. If someone doesn't want all of the wine & champagne, it has been $15 less.

Just something else to consider but if you're interested I'd suggest to board as soon as possible & to call the DINE line to be added to the list for the CT. It can be very popular & only offered a few times per cruise so if you want to consider this option, call immediately upon boarding to be put on the CT's list. :)

I recently sailed on the Crown & the new location for the larger Sabatini's is a big improvement. It has an unobstructed aft from some tables & in general is much nicer than on older ships.

If you tell Princess about your birthday, they will provide a small cake in addition to the other desserts & sing "happy birthday" to you! :D

Thank you Astro Flyer, this is the first time I have read about Princess having a Chef's Table on board their ship's. You make it sound terrific!

Thank you Astro Flyer, this is the first time I have read about Princess having a Chef's Table on board their ship's. You make it sound terrific!

We've enjoyed four CTs so we really enjoy them but not again anytime soon due to the price increase from $75/pp. But as I said, it's something I'd highly recommend for anyone who has never experience one.

Here's a link to info on all specialty restaurants which includes videos & menus for some of them if you want more info to make your decision on your Big 5-0 celebration.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/specialty_restaurants/index.html

What a great way to celebrate your 50th. The Crown is a beautiful ship. It looks like you have good suggestions to try. If it were me, I would try for the Chef's Table first ( when you sign up you might let them know it's your 50th birthday - maybe it will get you an edge to get in:D) and if not able to get in I would do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. The specialty restaurants are nice but nothing more than going to a nice restaurant on land.

Enjoy your 50th and enjoy the Crown!

What a great way to celebrate your 50th. The Crown is a beautiful ship. It looks like you have good suggestions to try. If it were me, I would try for the Chef's Table first ( when you sign up you might let them know it's your 50th birthday - maybe it will get you an edge to get in:D) and if not able to get in I would do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. The specialty restaurants are nice but nothing more than going to a nice restaurant on land.

Enjoy your 50th and enjoy the Crown!

Thank you for your well wishes. Looks like we will have to choose both. Since I am looking forward to a week long celebration. Might as well GO FOR IT!

Happy almost birthday. DH and I will be boarding the Crown as you leave it lol. Just an FYI you can call Princess and make your reservation for your Ultimate Balcony Dinner (or breakfast I think). I have already done so and am so looking forward to surprising DH as we are celebrating his birthday and our anniversary.

We celebrated my husband's 50th last December on the Crown. It was also our son's 13th, five days prior. We allowed our son to take his best friend along and our daughter brought her best friend (both first-time cruisers).

Princess put decorations up on my husband's door as well as my son's on their respective birthdays. I also brought along some "Happy Birthday" stuff from the Dollar Tree and had my daughter and her friend decorate the rooms inside (when hubby and son were not around).

The best thing was renting a cabana on Princess Cays -- We also decorated the cabana and had a party! I had candles that I put in the respective desserts from the island buffet.

Also, the dining room staff sang and brought out a cake for my husband and my son on their respective days. The cake was not a traditional one but a dense chocolate. Looked more like a large muffin ??? but because it was so rich and thick, we had more than enough for everyone.

Happy birthday!

Happy almost birthday. DH and I will be boarding the Crown as you leave it lol. Just an FYI you can call Princess and make your reservation for your Ultimate Balcony Dinner (or breakfast I think). I have already done so and am so looking forward to surprising DH as we are celebrating his birthday and our anniversary.

Thank missymerv for your birthday wishes and the FYI. I am waiting for the extended weather forecast for our cruising area to see which night UBD would be best....Bon Voyage, Happy Birthday to your DH and have a wonderful anniversary celebration.:)

We celebrated my husband's 50th last December on the Crown. It was also our son's 13th, five days prior. We allowed our son to take his best friend along and our daughter brought her best friend (both first-time cruisers).

Princess put decorations up on my husband's door as well as my son's on their respective birthdays. I also brought along some "Happy Birthday" stuff from the Dollar Tree and had my daughter and her friend decorate the rooms inside (when hubby and son were not around).

The best thing was renting a cabana on Princess Cays -- We also decorated the cabana and had a party! I had candles that I put in the respective desserts from the island buffet.

Also, the dining room staff sang and brought out a cake for my husband and my son on their respective days. The cake was not a traditional one but a dense chocolate. Looked more like a large muffin ??? but because it was so rich and thick, we had more than enough for everyone.

Happy birthday!

Thank you jvdmv for the fun ideas and birthday wishes.....Princess should hire you for their Celebrations Coordinator.

Just an FYI you can call Princess and make your reservation for your Ultimate Balcony Dinner (or breakfast I think). I have already done so and am so looking forward to surprising DH as we are celebrating his birthday and our anniversary.

You can pay for these in advance, but you have to make the reservations once you get on board.

If you do prepay, there will be a card in the cabin annoucing the gift, so if you want it to be a surprise as long as possible, find and hide the card before DH sees it. Then call per the card instructions to schedule them.

You can pay for these in advance, but you have to make the reservations once you get on board.

If you do prepay, there will be a card in the cabin annoucing the gift, so if you want it to be a surprise as long as possible, find and hide the card before DH sees it. Then call per the card instructions to schedule them.

Definately will hide it and call while I send DH on a mission (tee hee)

How fun!! The Mr. & I both turn 50 next year so we consider our July Alaskan Cruise to be our special gift to each other. Unfortunately, our travel won't be on either one of our birthdays, so I think it's FABULOUS that yours will!! :) What a GREAT way to celebrate!

Enjoy & happy 50th!

My best friend and I are going on the Crown in March to Celebrate her Birthday and I am giving her Chef's Table for her Birthday Gift. I have only done it one time before but it was unbelievable.

One of the best meals of my life. She doesn't know what my plans are and I hope I can keep it secert.......;)

Vie Lee

Archived