sofa bed on Jewel??

daynab

We just changed our room from 8102 to 9584 on the Jewel. Cabin 8102, had a pullman over the Queen which DH didn't like the idea of. (But it had a huge balcony :( Oh well)

So now this room, 9584 has a sofa bed. How does the bed open into the room. Is there room to walk to the bathroom, or will we be crawling over the kids at night? (More like tripping and killing ourselves)

Thanks

That depends... If you have 3 folks in your room the "bed" can fold out into a short twin... If fully extended it is more of a double/queen and hard to get around in the dark... At least this is how it was on the Serenade...

Pretty sure the sofa is closest to the balcony....so once the kids are in (I'm assuming THEY are on the sofabed!!!), you should have access to the bathroom, but not the balcony!

Deck 8 to Deck 9... The beds are next to the balcony (E & D cats)... Only JS have the "switched" arrangement...

Sofa bed in Cat E1 cabin on the Radiance.

e1sofabed.jpg

If you remove the chair from the desk at night, there is enough walk room (the beach towel is draped over the chair back).

I would imagine that the Jewel would be similar.

Cat D1 sofa bed on the Freedom:

d1sofa.jpg

On the Freedom the D1 stateroom was longer, so it had a longer sofa. Due to this, the sofa bed opens along the width rather than the length, which gives more legroom. Not sure if the Jewel/Radiance D1 sofas are the same or not.

Edited by awboater

We just got off the Jewel on Saturday and the sofa bed is horrible we were on deck 7 and what they consider a sofa bed is a piece of wood on the floor with the 2 cushions from the couch.

Good Luck!

quote=daynab;31333684]We just changed our room from 8102 to 9584 on the Jewel. Cabin 8102, had a pullman over the Queen which DH didn't like the idea of. (But it had a huge balcony :( Oh well)

So now this room, 9584 has a sofa bed. How does the bed open into the room. Is there room to walk to the bathroom, or will we be crawling over the kids at night? (More like tripping and killing ourselves)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Reviving this old thread to confirm 8102 on the Jewel of the Seas still has the overhead pullman bed after drydock?

It's our first time on Royal Caribbean. We are very excited.

Thank you

I doubt very much that the Jewel dry-dock would change the configuration of any cabin to that degree. Enjoy the Jewel. She's our favorite RCCL ship.

Sofa bed in Cat E1 cabin on the Radiance.

e1sofabed.jpg

If you remove the chair from the desk at night, there is enough walk room (the beach towel is draped over the chair back).

I would imagine that the Jewel would be similar.

Cat D1 sofa bed on the Freedom:

d1sofa.jpg

On the Freedom the D1 stateroom was longer, so it had a longer sofa. Due to this, the sofa bed opens along the width rather than the length, which gives more legroom. Not sure if the Jewel/Radiance D1 sofas are the same or not.

This!

I'm booked in an E1 on Navigator with a rare sofa bed (on Navigator, there are usually Pullmans).

I emailed Royal and they said I have a single sofa bed in my room, and I do not want that single sofa that extends to the desk!!

However, on Enchantment we had a single sofa bed but it folded out horizontally which was nice...

Has anyone had any experience with the sofa beds in E1s on Voyager/Freedom class?

I used my phone to type this, excuse any typos please!

20160807_132155_zps9zhypvbu.jpg

This is cabin 9538 D1. With a bedsofa and a pullman. We did not made the sofa into a bed, as we were only two.

The jewel rooms are so fresh and nice since the refurb.

What did they change at the refurb? The bathroom and the dresser were quite old.

20160807_132155_zps9zhypvbu.jpg

This is cabin 9538 D1. With a bedsofa and a pullman. We did not made the sofa into a bed, as we were only two.

What did they change at the refurb? The bathroom and the dresser were quite old.

In any refurb they do not change out the actual cabins so the dresser and bath of course stay the same. The chairs, sofas, curtains and the like we're changed in our JS and Owners suite as well as all the carpets through out the ship. Lots of public spaces were completely redone as chairs etc. they never take out the physical cabins. Although they did add cabins on deck 12 near the spa. Or it might be deck 11 I forget.

Edited by gagirl7143