carnival's balcony compared to liberty's balcony

mefromfl

Has there anyone here been on both of these and can tell me if liberty's bigger? how come i keep reading that carnival's is bigger, but I don't know what type of room they talking about. Fromt he picture, it looks like liberty is much better.

I'm asking is because there were no HC rooms left so we had to take this one and will have a wheelchair inside of it, hope we will be able to get around in the room.

Are you trying to compare Carnival Liberty to Royals Liberty of the Seas? Your question is a little vague? If so then the balconies are definitely bigger on Liberty of the Seas whereas the room itself is probably a little bigger on Carnival Liberty. Just an FYI, it will be a little difficult getting a wheel chair out on either balconies because of the door threshold. I hope that was some help. You can check out the ships and deck plans at the below links.

Carnival Ships

Royal Ships

Pictures I've taken in ports of Carnival ships. These are some really narrow balconies:

2936949770080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

This poor guy can't even turn his chair around:

2223470490080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

That looks like a CCL ship that began life without balcony's. The op needs to be alot more clearer on what she is comparing, I know CCL has regular balconies, ext and so on. RCCL has e and d staterooms which the balconies can varyPersonally my DH could not get his wheelchair thru the door of an E1 or a D1, so if there are no HC rooms we must go with a min Jr suite, and really need it so he can move around inside the cabin.

I think the answer to your question depends on the ship, as well as the location of the room/balcony.

The aft balcnies on RCCL are for the most part larger than Carnival's but it all depends. For side balconies, I think RCCL's are a little wider, but again it would depend on the ship.

I think the answer to your question depends on the ship, as well as the location of the room/balcony.

The aft balcnies on RCCL are for the most part larger than Carnival's but it all depends. For side balconies, I think RCCL's are a little wider, but again it would depend on the ship.

The balcony cabins on the Triumph and Glory were not much wider than what is shown above. They are very narrow. I have some photos but don't have time to load them right now.

Even on Carnival's newer ships, the balconies are quite a bit narrower than on Royal Caribbean's ships. They also have a door that opens out (as opposed to a slider) which can make navigating around on the balcony difficult.

For comparison...

2676604810064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

Carnival Splendor OS Balcony

2181348070064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

Voyager of the Seas JS Balcony (from the cabin)...sorry I can't find a better picture right now. I believe on the Freedom class ships the balconies are even deeper than the Voyager class ships.

CCL's balconies are extremely tight compared to RC's -- even going back to the Voyager class which aren't as deep as those on Freedom/Oasis classes. As a previous poster mentioned, the door on Carnival that opens out doesn't help matters at all. I remember frequently having to rearrange furniture on the balcony to be able to manuever the door open and myself back inside.

Edit: in comparison, I could basically have tap danced on my standard D5 balcony on Oasis last week!

Has there anyone here been on both of these and can tell me if liberty's bigger? how come i keep reading that carnival's is bigger, but I don't know what type of room they talking about. Fromt he picture, it looks like liberty is much better.

I'm asking is because there were no HC rooms left so we had to take this one and will have a wheelchair inside of it, hope we will be able to get around in the room.

What class is your cabin on Liberty? If it is a standard balcony cabin - well, its hard to imagine really having enough room to maneuver a wheelchair around in there. If you have the freedom to leave it in a corner of the room and walk the rest of the time in the cabin, maybe. But if you are largely WC-bound, I don't think a standard cabin will work for you.

there was no more HC room avaliable at the time of my booking for a balcony. But I still decided to get on because I was pretty mobile with my chair and it can be taken apart.

My room is 6610 on liberty, i had a balcony HC room for Carnival sensation and i couldn't even go outside without leaving the doors open.

But thanks everyone for their response.

Pictures I've taken in ports of Carnival ships. These are some really narrow balconies:

2936949770080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

This poor guy can't even turn his chair around:

2223470490080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Just to clarify, I've had several balconies on Carnival and not one looked like this. This appears to be the balcony on a suite for the small, old fantasy class ships. Having only done one RCI ship, The Mariner, we found it's balcony to be a touch larger than Carnival but since the partitions between rooms stopped at the hull die of the railing as opposed to Carnival, which stop at the water side of the railing, giving you several more inches of privacy, the Carnival balconies are a lot more private. For what it's worth.

the Carnival balconies are a lot more private. For what it's worth.

I definitely agree with that.

Not only do the Carnival balconies have a little metal divider that extends over the railing so you can't see your neighbor if you're both standing at your railing, but the walls are typically solid. By contrast, on the newer RC ships you can sometimes see shadows through the dividers and when you're at the rail, you can look next to you and see your neighbor at the rail. This exact situation happened to me on the Oasis last week and it startled both me and my neighbor, who looked each each other at the same time inadvertantly.

We were parked right across the pier from Carnival Dream in St. Maarten and the difference was very much evident. Oasis had significantly larger, more aesthetically pleasing balconies, but Dream's were significantly more private.

Archived