Cunard Cancels Queen Mary 2 Cruises -- M229 M232

zider

No further information is available at the moment,

M229 - Queen Mary 2 - 4 Nov 12

Southampton, Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Rome, Capri, Athens, Valencia, Malaga, Southampton

M232 - Queen Mary 2 - 4 Dec 12

Southampton, Vigo, Lisbon, Valencia, Barcelona, Southampton

Our travel agent phoned us today as we're booked on the 4/11 cruise. I gather it is being replaced with 2 cruises but not sure of the itinery. We have the option to change to these and have been offered $50 dollars OBC each. Not too tempting I'm afraid!

We may just ask for our deposit back but I am hoping to negotiate some OBC for a future cruise as I am pretty disappointed as I really liked this itinery and was looking forward to it.

Am so sad! My husband and I were looking forward to the 30 day Nov. trip. There are very few transatlantic voyages that also continue on to another area and then come back to the USA. We have taken one Norway trip and this year the trip around Great Britain. My husband cannot fly so we board in NYC. We have not heard from our travel agent yet but are booked on the November voyage.

Hopefully there will be some other options. Thanks for letting us know. We love our voyages!

Sally

2 questions?

1. Why the cancellations?

2. What will replace them??

Barry

Just had the letter through from Cunard, about our 4/11 cruise, just stating that they have reviewed their winter 2012 programme and regrettably decided to cancel the voyage. No particular reason given.

It has been replaced with a 12 night Iberia & Canaries voyage (Madeira, La Palma, Tenerife, Gran Canaria and Lisbon) and a 4 night Northern Europe voyage (Le Havre and Zeebrugge).

They seem to do quite a few of these 4 night cruises - I would have thought that the more local Brits and Europeans would be well and truly tired of the "LeHavre and Zeebrugge" runs?? I wonder why they do them?? Must be a reason.

Barry

Did I not read that the short cruises are favoured by Stag and Hen parties?

Lots of money spent on drinks? - extra revenue per passenger for Cunard?

But not "classic Cunard" for people who might be taking a short cruise as a "sampler" for potential future cruises?

They seem to do quite a few of these 4 night cruises - I would have thought that the more local Brits and Europeans would be well and truly tired of the "LeHavre and Zeebrugge" runs?? I wonder why they do them?? Must be a reason.

Barry

Did I not read that the short cruises are favoured by Stag and Hen parties?

Lots of money spent on drinks? - extra revenue per passenger for Cunard?

But not "classic Cunard" for people who might be taking a short cruise as a "sampler" for potential future cruises?

Very True

QM2 is also doing a 5-night in October to Rotterdam, Zeebrugge and Le Havre. The Cunard website under search a voyage is not yet showing this.

It does on the Cunard UK website. 9th October Voyage M225 - Autumn Getaway.

It does on the Cunard UK website. 9th October Voyage M225 - Autumn Getaway.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I couldn't find the new trips on the website. I know about the Oct. 9th trip because I'm booked on it.

Just had the letter through from Cunard, about our 4/11 cruise, just stating that they have reviewed their winter 2012 programme and regrettably decided to cancel the voyage. No particular reason given.

It has been replaced with a 12 night Iberia & Canaries voyage (Madeira, La Palma, Tenerife, Gran Canaria and Lisbon) and a 4 night Northern Europe voyage (Le Havre and Zeebrugge).

I received the letter today too :( The new cruise details on it are definately wrong. Gran Caneria to Lisbon overnight? lol Then Lisbon to Southampton 3 days at sea :s

I think I will do both cruises back to back. Has anyone else managed to negociate an upgrade?

Ian

No further information is available at the moment,

M229 - Queen Mary 2 - 4 Nov 12

Southampton, Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Rome, Capri, Athens, Valencia, Malaga, Southampton

M232 - Queen Mary 2 - 4 Dec 12

Southampton, Vigo, Lisbon, Valencia, Barcelona, Southampton

I got "flash" fares for the upcoming T/A Dec.8(I believe)The rates were $499(inside)$1999(P-Grill)$2999(Q-Grill)Not bad, but we're booked QV Jan.19. I think they may be having problems filling staterooms.

Perhaps with the rate reductions and itinerary changes for 2011 and 2012, Cunard will decide to resume a series of Caribbean cruises in November & December of 2013 from New York - IMO a much more logical deployment for the ship in this time frame.

Makes sense to me! Right now, Cunards' routes are not diverse enough, i.e. r/t NY voyages have been seriously reduced, with the exception of trans-atlantic crossings. Even that market can be saturated. Pardon the expression. -S.

Hi,

I have transferred to the 12 night followed by the 4 night cruise. The fare was kept the same, as well as the £175 deposit I paid when I originally booked whilst on QM2. I have split the obc between the two cruises. I was looking forward to the Med, but the canaries will be sunnier and warmer at that time of year. It will b a novalty to stop off at Southampton then sail again the same day. I live on the Isle of Wight 20 minutes away.

Ian

Archived