What Hotel does Princess use in Sydney?

gooch47

Does anyone know what hotel Princess uses in Sydney when you book a pre- or post-cruise stay with them? I'm pretty sure it was the Crowne Plaza near Darling Harbour the last time we were there. But it isn't that name any more.

We're doing the Australian Outback cruisetour in January, and they have us at the Four Seasons Sydney for two nights. Not sure if that would be the same for additional pre/post cruise days, though.

The Four Seasons is great for location, access to the port, and ambiance. The Princess prices are per person but include transfers from airport to hotel as well as hotel to port. Princess also has a rep on site to handle anything that comes up. All in all it may cost a little more but not always. Enjoy!

THANKS !!!

I assume the hotel prices are per person, not per room, right?

We enjoyed our Sydney 3 night Princess pre-cruise stay & tours at the centrally located Four Seasons & were able to walk to the pier fir embarkation instead of waiting for the shuttle. The staff helped us when we arrived on Wednesday morning & our luggage Friday night.

One of the Sydney bus lines was free & we took it to Paddy's Market which is like a covered swap meet full of new items with greatly reduced prices:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g255060-d258583-Reviews-Paddy_s_Market-Sydney_New_South_Wales.html

We stayed at the Four Seasons in January pre-cruise tour and are staying there again with Princess for a few days before our cruise at the end of this month. As already stated, the hotel is in a fantastic position within walking distance of Circular Quay.

Somehow I just can't justify in my mind paying that much extra for the hotel. Of course, I don't know how much transportation to and from the airport will cost us (via taxi), so maybe the price is reasonable. It just seems so high. We're talking four nights, two before and two after.

Our TA has been looking at hotels in the same area and she is finding ones with great reviews for less than half the price.

Somehow I just can't justify in my mind paying that much extra for the hotel. Of course, I don't know how much transportation to and from the airport will cost us (via taxi), so maybe the price is reasonable. It just seems so high. We're talking four nights, two before and two after.

Our TA has been looking at hotels in the same area and she is finding ones with great reviews for less than half the price.

Princess is always expensive for hotel stays. We always book our own. From the Marriott near Hyde Park in Sydney, it was AU$14 per person for a shuttle to the airport.

Does anyone know what hotel Princess uses in Sydney when you book a pre- or post-cruise stay with them? I'm pretty sure it was the Crowne Plaza near Darling Harbour the last time we were there. But it isn't that name any more.

We stayed at the Four Seasons for 4 nights about 3 years ago.

It was a wonderful and perfectly located.

We did book on our own as the price was much less (at that time) than the Princess Package.

You might want to check out doing it own your own.

Jeanne

Also its sometimes cheaper to book directly with the hotel. Have a look on their website to see what rates they are offering.

hi, We live 80ks north of Sydney and I use "wotif.com" for the best prices for an overnight stay in the city and often book the 'Mystry' hotels for a much better deal. As much as another 30% off. All are in good location with a great transport system in the city.

So rather that pay top dollar for cruise line bookings first look at "wotif". with wotif you can book 3 months in advance.

Hope that helps.

Well we are now off to Singapore to join the Diamond Princess to bring her into Sydney in December.

Tom

A taxi from Sydney Airport to either the centre of the city or the cruise terminal would be around AUD$45. Kingsford Smith Transport operates shuttles to the major hotels in the city and also to the cruise terminal. The cost is AUD$15 if you pay on the day or cheaper if you book on line.

We usually get a taxi because it is ready to go when we are and the cost isn't too bad. :) There usually isn't a queue for taxis at the airport. Be aware that the sedan-type taxis have limited luggage carrying space because they are virtually all operating on LPG and have a storage tank in the luggage space (we call the boot).

For our pre-cruise stay we booked the Stafford Rendezvous, easy walk to 4seasons and short walk to the overseas passenger terminal and Circular Quay and the Rocks, where there are many restaurants

Sandy in Spain

Check out the Sydney Harbor Marriott....great location. We took a sightseeing bus that went out to Bondi Beach. You can walk easily to the boats for trips to the other islands and you can arrange other tours at the hotel. You could see the Diamond Princess in the harbor when it arrived, but we took a cab down to the ship.

The Australia/NZ cruise remains one of our favorites.

Check out the Sydney Harbor Marriott....great location. We took a sightseeing bus that went out to Bondi Beach. You can walk easily to the boats for trips to the other islands and you can arrange other tours at the hotel. You could see the Diamond Princess in the harbor when it arrived, but we took a cab down to the ship.

The Australia/NZ cruise remains one of our favorites.

We stayed at the same hotel before our cruises in September for two nights. It is a great location.

Thank you so much for all the suggestions. I'll look into them and let you know which one we choose.

We are really looking forward to returning to Australia. This will be our fourth visit and once we actually looked into immigrating there.

Edited: Hmmm. I think we actually stayed at the Sydney Harbor Marriott on our first visit to Sydney.

Well, we decided to go cheap, but a great location. It is called the IBIS King St. Wharf. It is almost across the street from the cruise ship dock and has airport transportation. The reviews are pretty good. They say "small room" but I think I remember that the rooms were small by American Standards the other times we have stayed in the area. Cost will be $367 for two nights, including taxes.

http://www.worldbookhotel.com/hotel/australia/ibis-sydney-king-street-wharf.en.html?gclid=CN7fu6W_xawCFdAEQAodYHdpqQ

Archived