Easter week

dick731

If you are looking at Easter and do not want a boatload of kids.....

you are either new to cruising...

in denial.....

or dare I say it...playing head games with us:D

But the best advice I can give you if that is the only week you have is to take the Cunard TA from NYC to southhampton and fly back...and book a high end cabin that will put you in the highest end formal MDR for the duration.....

I am not kidding about this.

Our Easter break is the week before so we are getting off the weekend you are going. I have read that a lot of the schools in the Northeast take their break the beginning on the 8th.

not this year

and parochial schools always get the week after Easter off

and many private schools get two full weeks off....

and many many families...regardless of where their kids go to school travel/cruise that time of year....

The Northeast school break is usually around Patriots Day. That is the cruise that we are on. I have been on with many kids before and did not have problems. The kids do love the pool areas tho:D

When and what is Patriots Day? Curious.

When and what is Patriots Day? Curious.

The actual Patriots Day is April 19th - anniversary of the battles of Lexington and Concord at the start of the Revolutionary War. I've been gone from Massachusetts for 40 years so it may now be celebrated on a specific Monday in April.

Lexington High Graduate ('the Minutemen")

The actual Patriots Day is April 19th - anniversary of the battles of Lexington and Concord at the start of the Revolutionary War. I've been gone from Massachusetts for 40 years so it may now be celebrated on a specific Monday in April.

connecticuit (sp) schools most certainly do have some extended time off around this date although I am not sure what the story is this year but I do know that many schhols have rearranged vacations this year due to the overwhelming snoww days taken last year...apparantly in an effort to not get stuck this year with not enough mandatory school days...

btw...Partiots Day is never a consideration in New York schools vacation...Easter and Passover are the 2 holidays that are considered when scheduling...although I think Patriot's Day should be a federal holiday myself!!!

Spring break varies so much from school to school. Some schools have the break in March and then only Good Friday and the Mon. after Easter. Whenever you go in the spring, there will be lots of kids and COLLEGE students. Whoo Hoo! Get ready to party! If you cruise longer than 7 days, the cruise won't have as many kids of any age on it.

We have found that the six Sept. cruises we have taken had the least amount of kids on board.

Well, even after 40 years you got the description correct:) It is now celebrated on a Monday and that is the week that most kids have off in MA & ME. I think they are the only two states to celebrate this one.

There is a reinactment every year starting in Boston with the Midnight Ride of Paul Revere, then the battles of Lexington & Concord. They all take place at the original times. Spent many an early morning in Lexington.:)

Not to be confused with Patriot Day which is observed Sept. 11th in honor of those who died or were injured. I agree that this should be a Federal Holiday....

Archived