sand toys for kids

williamson_ja

We usually stop at a drug store or supermarket to get bottled water, I think most of the FL locations I've seen sand toys for sale.

Carole

This is probably the best way to go, so you won't have to take up precious luggage space/wt by packing them. I have seen pails/shovels on every ship, in one of the shops - but why pay top dollar for them when you can get them in FL before you board!:)

All of the above are good ideas. Here's another option, in case you want to make sure you have something with you from the start: the larger dollar stores in my area (such as Dollar Tree) have some kind of sand toys/ water toys year-round. Also, you could buy slotted spoons, plastic collanders, cups and bowls for the kids to use as sand toys - they are cheap, easy to come by, and work just as well as the real thing.:) If you don't want to bring them back home with you, pass them on to someone else at your last beach stop.

But as a suggestion- don't bring any water guns of any sort. We had them taken away on one of the islands (the Bahamas I think) and they were small (6-8 inches) pink and green bubble shaped water guns which the kids wanted to play with in the water. I was surprised but given a serious lecture about how guns of any sort were not allowed.

But as a suggestion- don't bring any water guns of any sort. We had them taken away on one of the islands (the Bahamas I think) and they were small (6-8 inches) pink and green bubble shaped water guns which the kids wanted to play with in the water. I was surprised but given a serious lecture about how guns of any sort were not allowed.

A little off topic - but still on the Bahamas gun line - you are also not allowed to wear any kind of camoflague (sp?) shirts/pants/etc. in the Bahamas! Someone in our roll call was sent right back on the ship to change by the Bahamian police when they wore a Desert Storm shirt off the ship. :eek:

A little off topic - but still on the Bahamas gun line - you are also not allowed to wear any kind of camoflague (sp?) shirts/pants/etc. in the Bahamas! Someone in our roll call was sent right back on the ship to change by the Bahamian police when they wore a Desert Storm shirt off the ship. :eek:

Bizarre. I never would have known that. Is this just the bahamas, or the caribbean as well? We'll be in the caribbean but a lot of my sons clothes are camo!

The same goes for Barbados. The cruise director makes sure to announce this one day before arrival. It was even mentioned in the Victory Fun Times.

To get back on topic - we always pick up toys, small inflatables at Walmart (or similar store) prior to boarding. Usually we just donate these at the last port if there are local kids at the beach.

We bought toys in Miami at the Walgreens the day before we boarded the Liberty for our Turkey Day Cruise. I did notice they were also for sale at the shop they make you walk through at Puerto Maya in COzumel (our first stop).

We purchased cheap stuff and left it on the ship after our vacation.

Archived