Port Of Montreal

acme510

I think you're in the $40-50 range on that. There are shuttle buses from the airport to downtown, and then you'd take a cab from wherever the bus lets you off. Not sure if that just ends up being more aggravation than it's worth than just springing for the cab right from the airport.

It's $35 flat fee plus tip - takes about 30 mins depending on traffic and construction. As Dan said they do offer public transportation, but it's $7.00 each for the bus, then I would guess the cab would still be another $15.

It's really not very far but the traffic can be horrendous.
I just checked it out on Google Earth and he's right --it's not that far.

Also, I have the 'Traffic' layer turned on in G.Earth -- the flow doesn't look too bad

I just checked it out on Google Earth and he's right --it's not that far.

Also, I have the 'Traffic' layer turned on in G.Earth -- the flow doesn't look too bad

It just depends what time of day. During the morning and evening rush hours the traffic is quite congested.

Keith

• 1 month later...

We are going the weekend of the Grand Pre Formula 1 race .We have calculated the increased amt of people and traffic into our plans.Also had to book our Hotel early in October as most of the rooms have been pulled,and prices have been raised.

Question for anyone who has sailed out of the Port of Montreal, how far is it from the airport and approximately how much was the cab fare.

Thanks,

The port is in the fixed price zone, it is $38 flat (Canadian dollars, of course) to the airport, plus tip. No extras, no stories.

At legal maximum speeds, 35 minutes. At realistic traffic speeds, 45 to 50 minutes. The normal route to the airport takes you past two traffic congestion points, the exit from the highway to the Mercier bridge (highway 138) and the Dorval circle (highway 520) which is still under reconstruction.

We are going the weekend of the Grand Pre Formula 1 race .We have calculated the increased amt of people and traffic into our plans.Also had to book our Hotel early in October as most of the rooms have been pulled,and prices have been raised.

If you booked at a low price, I would make sure you keep proof, many hotels cancel reservations if they were booked ahead of the Grand Prix announcement dates and force you to rebook.

If you have a list of restaurants that you want to eat it, book them as soon as possible, since the top restaurants are often difficult to get into at that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Take a taxi to the pier. Flat rate of about $35 as I recall (its posted at the airport and I think in the cabs). Taxi from anywhere in downtown Montreal to the pier can be a mess, since some drivers do not seem to know (or pretend not to know) where it is and can get lost even once inside the terminal area (trust me, it can be done). We were staying about 1/2 miles away from the pier and the taxi still ended up costing us $15.

Montreal was the worst terminal we have used sailing on HAL. Confused and unorganized and took forever to get onboard.

DaveOKC

Take a taxi to the pier. Flat rate of about $35 as I recall (its posted at the airport and I think in the cabs). Taxi from anywhere in downtown Montreal to the pier can be a mess, since some drivers do not seem to know (or pretend not to know) where it is and can get lost even once inside the terminal area (trust me, it can be done). We were staying about 1/2 miles away from the pier and the taxi still ended up costing us $15.

Montreal was the worst terminal we have used sailing on HAL. Confused and unorganized and took forever to get onboard.

DaveOKC

The taxi is $38 flat, still. See http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/pls/portal/docs/page/taxi_fr/media/documents/a_mtl_trudeau.pdf

The taxi don't likely know it, because it has a number of names and well, it all depends on what you call it. The government calls it the Iberville Passenger Terminal, but in Montreal it's also know as Jetée Alexandra. But it's not very well known because it's not very used. The easiest thing to tell the driver is to take you to the Old Port. To us it's the pier just west of King Edward Pier. Or tell him to take you to the Old Port, right next to Pointe-a-Calliere. That they should know.

The problem is that it's actually at the extension of St-Francois Xavier street, but it has the name de Callière at that point. Here is where it is on the map...

http://g.co/maps/ndk6q

The taxi is $38 flat, still. See http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/pls/portal/docs/page/taxi_fr/media/documents/a_mtl_trudeau.pdf

The taxi don't likely know it, because it has a number of names and well, it all depends on what you call it. The government calls it the Iberville Passenger Terminal, but in Montreal it's also know as Jetée Alexandra. But it's not very well known because it's not very used. The easiest thing to tell the driver is to take you to the Old Port. To us it's the pier just west of King Edward Pier. Or tell him to take you to the Old Port, right next to Pointe-a-Calliere. That they should know.

The problem is that it's actually at the extension of St-Francois Xavier street, but it has the name de Callière at that point. Here is where it is on the map...

http://g.co/maps/ndk6q

Every year, we have the hardest time trying to get the taxi driver to understand where to take us when we are ready to go back to the port.

We have tried saying "Old Port", "Iberville Passenger Terminal" and Cruise Ship docks....... We struggle everytime to make ourselves understood. I write it to show the driver lest my accent be the problem but none of them seem to know what we mean.

Thankfully my DH has a wonderful sense of direction and has been able to direct the driver where to turn and as we get closer, they usually figure it out by then.

This has happened to us every year on our 'turnaround day' of our back-to-backs on Maasdam.

Archived