Elite perk or lazy?

srphnx

So, first elite cruise coming up in 10 days on Sapphire, we start getting ready to pack clothes and I realize I can cut way back because of free laundry so i don't need 7 day shirts and 7 night shirts etc. I could get by with 2 or 3 and just have them cleaned.

Then my wife says, "How will people know you aren't just lazy and wearing the same clothes over and over without washing them?"

Now I am a bit paranoid that I will find myself explaining "Hey, I know I wore this red stripped shirt on Monday but really it was cleaned Tuesday..."

Should I just get a lapel pin that says "free laundry"?

One other thing we noticed is that many of the elite perks are "per cabin" so even when she joins the "black card gang" we don't really gain anything, is that correct?

Although you won't exactly gain anything when you're both elite, it is a matter of convenience. I became elite before my husband and we had problems with things like laundry because he was the "A" account and they charged everything to him. Just something to look out for to make sure you get all of your elite privileges. Also, if your wife wants to purchase something in the shops, you will have to do the purchase to get the elite discount.

Even on a longer cruise, I pack just a few shirts, tops, pants, etc. Everything is mix and match. I don't think anyone notices whether you've worn the same clothes three days before unless it's very unusual. Besides, what does it matter? :)

Not lazy...just smart to limit clothing & have it cleaned for free. Even with TD in the MDR, I've never noticed if someone has worn the same thing more than once. ;)

The only other Elite benefit she would receive is a free invitation to the Princess Grapevine wine tasting & priority tendering.

Not lazy...just smart to limit clothing & have it cleaned for free. Even with TD in the MDR, I've never noticed if someone has worn the same thing more than once. ;)

The only other Elite benefit she would receive is a free invitation to the Princess Grapevine wine tasting & priority tendering.

And she can shop by herself! Always a plus!

Although you won't exactly gain anything when you're both elite, it is a matter of convenience. I became elite before my husband and we had problems with things like laundry because he was the "A" account and they charged everything to him. Just something to look out for to make sure you get all of your elite privileges. Also, if your wife wants to purchase something in the shops, you will have to do the purchase to get the elite discount.

My husband has the "a" prefix on captains circle...despite me being the one who cruises more often, set up the account and usually books and pays..so I will be elite long before him..:D I noticed on my HAL cruise that the sea pass was in his name again despite me booking and paying for it on my cards...last vestiges of sexism??

Re the laundry who cares...if people have nothing better to do than watch what your wearing its time they got a hobby LOL. Unless of course you are wearing something REALLY eye catching..I have seen some outfits that made me think...just because you can doesn't mean you should:eek:

Cant wait for the laundry perk.:D

I don't drink, can she use my wine tasting invitation?

Even without the laundry perk we only bring enough for half the cruise and do laundry mid-week. If someone is that concerned that I am wearing the same outfit as 3 days before they have WAY too much time on their hands.

My husband has the "a" prefix on captains circle...despite me being the one who cruises more often, set up the account and usually books and pays..so I will be elite long before him..:D I noticed on my HAL cruise that the sea pass was in his name again despite me booking and paying for it on my cards...last vestiges of sexism??
Yup. That's exactly what it is. :(

So, first elite cruise coming up in 10 days on Sapphire, we start getting ready to pack clothes and I realize I can cut way back because of free laundry so i don't need 7 day shirts and 7 night shirts etc. I could get by with 2 or 3 and just have them cleaned.

Then my wife says, "How will people know you aren't just lazy and wearing the same clothes over and over without washing them?"

Now I am a bit paranoid that I will find myself explaining "Hey, I know I wore this red stripped shirt on Monday but really it was cleaned Tuesday..."

One other thing we noticed is that many of the elite perks are "per cabin" so even when she joins the "black card gang" we don't really gain anything, is that correct?

Not lazy at all! You earned it! Use it. :D I seriously doubt anyone will notice what you're wearing, and like others have said, who cares? You two go enjoy yourselves!

Yes and what ever you don't like, you can swap for what you do but that is one of the "per cabin" perks, once she gets to elite we still only get one set up.

What about the Mini Bar Set Up in the cabin? What does it consist of and can you specify what you would like? How many of each small bottle do you get?

What about the Mini Bar Set Up in the cabin? What does it consist of and can you specify what you would like? How many of each small bottle do you get?

• Two miniature bottles of Courvoisier V.S.
  • Two miniature bottles of Beefeater Gin
  • Two miniature bottles of Smirnoff (Skyy) Vodka
  • Two miniature bottles of Canadian Club Whiskey
  • Two 12 ounce bottles of Dos Equis
  • Two 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water
  • Two 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola
  • Two 12 ounce cans of Sprite
  • Two 0.5 liter bottles of water
  • Two 11 ounce bottles of Perrier

On our last Princess cruise, we switched out all of the liquor for 100% Sky vodka. We just told our steward on Day 1 and he switched it all out for us.

"How will people know you aren't just lazy and wearing the same clothes over and over without washing them?" If people are that interested..... they need to get a life........their own life and quit spending so much time in everyone else's:D:D:D

Enjoy your perks, you earned them!!!!

Re the laundry who cares...if people have nothing better to do than watch what your wearing its time they got a hobby LOL. Unless of course you are wearing something REALLY eye catching..I have seen some outfits that made me think...just because you can doesn't mean you should:eek:

Cant wait for the laundry perk.:D

I agree with you relative the sexism issue. My husband and I have the same number of cruises, but two different last names. The various lines we travel on namely - Princess, HAL, Celebrity and Cunard - all seem to track his cruise history without any problem, mine is another story. I have had to work at keeping my history up to date.

Relative to dress, with luggage limits today, we take our formal outfits, plus mix and match items for less formal and day wear. No one notices or cares if you wear something more than once. Those days are long gone if they ever existed.

Not lazy! Laundry is a wonderful perk and Princess does a great job. There is a big difference between wearing a clean shirt every few days and one that has not been washed!

Pack less and enjoy the benefits of Elite.

Shirley

I just came back from a 10 day on the Island. I had laundry done twice and came home with mostly clean clothes in my suitcase. Sweet deal as far as I'm concerned and I don't care what anyone else thinks. On my final bill I had close to $40 taken off in laundry charges. I love it.

• Two miniature bottles of Courvoisier V.S.
  • Two miniature bottles of Beefeater Gin
  • Two miniature bottles of Smirnoff (Skyy) Vodka
  • Two miniature bottles of Canadian Club Whiskey
  • Two 12 ounce bottles of Dos Equis
  • Two 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water
  • Two 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola
  • Two 12 ounce cans of Sprite
  • Two 0.5 liter bottles of water
  • Two 11 ounce bottles of Perrier

On our last Princess cruise, we switched out all of the liquor for 100% Sky vodka. We just told our steward on Day 1 and he switched it all out for us.

wow i am impressed you know all of that :eek:

I never notice what others are wearing but you might get tired of the same clothes! DW packed light for our 12 day SA cruise last year but the Chilean Earthquake turned it into a 23 day cruise. She had packed browns and after 23 days she didn't want to wear or even see those clothes again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived