Grand having propulsion problems.....

marshabear

it was just posted on our roll call that this week's sailing on the Grand Princess is having propulsion problems and that they are sailing at half speed...not gonna make it to San Juan but instead going to St Maartin where the repairs will be made (hopefully)...

we sail next week on the Grand and are supposed to head to Curacao and Aruba...hoping they get the problem fixed so we can still get to these islands!!

Marsha

Wishing for speedy and complete repairs. We were on the Sun Princess when it had engine problems that delayed our getting to St. Thomas in time. A lot of upset passengers on that cruise even after the captain gave everyone a generous amount of onboard credit. The ship still made it to the island, but we only had about four hours there. Since we had been there many times, we stayed on the ship and enjoyed our time (and that was before the captain sent the letter about the onboard credit).

I was looking at the Grand and Crown for our cruise in two weeks. We ended up choosing the Crown because it was a better price for a balcony cabin. I also enjoy Adagios a lot for predinner cocktails.

I'm on the Grand now - and yes - we are havig problmes. But currently running 18 knots - 11 would be 1/2 speed. I'm also hoping it will be fixed - I'm also on the next leg.

All is well - great - no problems - ship looks good.

Fingers crossed that they get this fixed!:o

Wow I can't belive that the ship is having problems. Does anyone think that it will affect the Dec.10 trip?? Please post as soon as you hear anything. The ship was just redone? How many days does it take to repair a cruise ships motor??:confused: Maybe they will change ports to ones that are closer to Florida??

I'm following this thread with interest as well. We are on Grand Dec 17 and chose the itinerary specifically for Aruba and Curacao, too. I hope those on the ship now and next week are able to enjoy the southern Caribbean!

I'm following this thread with interest as well. We are on Grand Dec 17 and chose the itinerary specifically for Aruba and Curacao, too. I hope those on the ship now and next week are able to enjoy the southern Caribbean!

Same here, less than two weeks out and we chose because of the itinerary as well. I'm beginning to think I'm bad luck for the Grand, we were on her in 2007 when she had the engine fire leaving Jamaica....

Mike

So hoping this problem is solved quickly for those on the cruise now and for those of us boarding on the 10th and 17th. For us this cruise was planned in January, so lots of anticipation throughout the year (as for those who are cruising her now) My fingers are crossed!!

it was just posted on our roll call that this week's sailing on the Grand Princess is having propulsion problems and that they are sailing at half speed...not gonna make it to San Juan but instead going to St Maartin where the repairs will be made (hopefully)...

we sail next week on the Grand and are supposed to head to Curacao and Aruba...hoping they get the problem fixed so we can still get to these islands!!

Marsha

I'm sure they will get it fixed. On a cruise I did on the Sapphire I few years ago they lost one of the engines (I think it was the engine) so we were going half speed to Puerto Vallarta. They cancelled the full day excursions but they definitely got the ship fixed when we got to PV. I'm sure they will do the same for the Grand. I don't think they would want the problem carrying over to the next cruise.

Would love to read a review from you when you return. I've seen this cruise and might want to try it.:)

Archived