Whoa.... A LOT of Posts

sail7seas

It would be interesting to find out which of the Boards on CC is most active.
You can see the post and thread counts for the "A-O" cruise lines HERE. Presuming all the forums started about the same time, Carnival is about 3 times as active as HAL and NCL, 3.5 times Celebrity, etc. Then you can go look at the "P-O" lines.

Just home from my friend's home a mile away. I'm really tired but needed to read this thread. I'm sure I'm the only one still up. My friends couldn't understand what I was doing sneaking a peek at my phone at dinner, after the movie and back at their home. It's hard for me to post from my phone because CC makes me sign in each time.

By the way, they asked me to explain what I was doing and they all just stared and thought I was nuts.

Happy New Year to all of you. This was a fun thread and a great way to end 2011 and start 2012. Now, I'm off to bed.

Well, my predicted time kept fluctuating all day because the post rate kept fluctuating. Before noon it was around 750/hour (and I predicted 8:00p) but around 6:00p (EST) it dropped as low as 350/hr, and I didn't think we'd make it. But a little later it picked up and stayed steady around 480/hr all evening so from 7:00p on I was pretty confident it would be just before 11:00p.

I kept refreshing the screen about once per second, and I saw 29,999,999 and then 30,000,001 at 10:53.

Thats awesome that you saw it, well, almost lol. Closer than me. I saw Posts: 30,000,930 lol

Well done guys. You made it.

Obviously, because of our time difference, I was tucked up in bed when it happened. But, the first thing I did this morning was to check the post count and read this thread. I am so sorry I was not on here when it actually happened.

Happy New Year

WOOOHOO guys we made it! I needed this fun today real bad, and since the sister thread on CCL went poof, I'm here now:D

Hope we all can cross-post this year some more:p

Floatie - thanks for welcoming us over:D You are more than welcome to join us here anytime:D Happy New Year

You know, I don't think there were any "Negative Nellies" on the thread ... the ones who say "this is stupid", or "you're stupid" ... or if there were we DROWNED 'EM OUT! :)

Yes, it was so much fun to see all the positives and the fun (Smile (have to remove my emoticons/smilies as I have to many and boards will not allow me to post them all)) LOVED IT!!! Just wish I'd started participating sooner.

totally agree - too bad we couldn't have shared this with everyone on the board:):)

Happy New Year Roy:D

I think we should keep this thread bookmarked and bring it to everyone's attention when things get "off center" and show them what fun we can have(Smile)

Just home from my friend's home a mile away. I'm really tired but needed to read this thread. I'm sure I'm the only one still up. My friends couldn't understand what I was doing sneaking a peek at my phone at dinner, after the movie and back at their home. It's hard for me to post from my phone because CC makes me sign in each time.

By the way, they asked me to explain what I was doing and they all just stared and thought I was nuts.

Happy New Year to all of you. This was a fun thread and a great way to end 2011 and start 2012. Now, I'm off to bed.

mamaofami, I think that you can tell them this is what families do:) We have fun together and CC is a family, with good and bad, but lots of fun anyway (Smile)

HAPPY NEW YEAR FRIENDS AND FAMILY !!

And a SPECIAL HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE CRUISE CRITIC HOSTS AND THEIR FAMILIES!!!

Joanie

...from 7:00p on I was pretty confident it would be just before 11:00p.

I kept refreshing the screen about once per second, and I saw 29,999,999 and then 30,000,001 at 10:53.

Ooooo. You're good.

Thanks for the reply. I love little precise facts like that.

Were you serious or just adding to the post count. I live on the east coast of the US.

Kevin has a good sense of humor...I'm pretty sure he was teasing you that you live on the West Coast perhaps...or in Hawaii...being awake at 2:42 AM!

LOL...Kevin! I wrote this post then became distracted (washing the kitchen floor...can you imagine???) and came back just now and hit "post". Then saw you'd already answered!

I'm sitting here laughing still... I have no idea how I always thought that!!!

I think I must have developed "little profiles" of everyone in my mind over the years, and imagined what people are like when they are away from this Board.

Example:

KAZU: DesMoines, Iowa - Running for Congress in 2014, vegetarian, former Olympic athlete.

SAIL7SEAS: Boston, MA - Supermodel, all-time money winner on Wheel of Fortune, once dated George Clooney's father (before her DH, of course)

JTL513: NYC - The movie Bourne Identity was based on his life, loves statistics and actually knows how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop - and the exact time you'll get there, invented Velveeta Cheese, but even he isn't sure what's in there.

INNLADY1: Beverly Hills, California - innlady1 is the secret username for Paris Hilton - heir to the Hilton Hotel Fortune, plans to replicate her successful 13-room B&B to wealthy destinations all over the world, hates velveeta cheese and resents JTL513 for inventing it.

IRL JOANIE: Indianapolis, Indiana - World Champion race car driver (that's why she never posts on Sunday afternoon), came up with the idea for Cruise Critic at a cocktail party in 1981 but forgot to patent the idea, because she has an answer to almost every question on CC actually knows where Elvis is.

Well, you get the point...

Was I close?:D

KAZU: DesMoines, Iowa - Running for Congress in 2014, vegetarian, former Olympic athlete.

SAIL7SEAS: Boston, MA - Supermodel, all-time money winner on Wheel of Fortune, once dated George Clooney's father (before her DH, of course)

JTL513: NYC - The movie Bourne Identity was based on his life, loves statistics and actually knows how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop - and the exact time you'll get there, invented Velveeta Cheese, but even he isn't sure what's in there.

INNLADY1: Beverly Hills, California - innlady1 is the secret username for Paris Hilton - heir to the Hilton Hotel Fortune, plans to replicate her successful 13-room B&B to wealthy destinations all over the world, hates velveeta cheese and resents JTL513 for inventing it.

IRL JOANIE: Indianapolis, Indiana - World Champion race car driver (that's why she never posts on Sunday afternoon), came up with the idea for Cruise Critic at a cocktail party in 1981 but forgot to patent the idea, because she has an answer to almost every question on CC actually knows where Elvis is.

You're cracking me up, Mr. Kuhn! :)

I think I must have developed "little profiles" of everyone in my mind over the years, and imagined what people are like when they are away from this Board.

Example:

Well you are right on one place of residence :D Since I know all of the above I find the profiles you envisioned quite interesting :cool: Let me ask you are you thinking of writing a script for a Made for TV movie of "The Lives of the CC HAL Board Posters"? ;)

Example:

LOL..... You're KILLING ME!!!! Hysterical.

If you could see how these hips have expanded through the years, super-model is about the last word to describe George Clooney's former BFF. :D I know for sure the slim me is inside somewhere I just haven't seen her in the last year or so. :sad:

Your humor is such a breath of fresh air....... Wonderful.

(Let's hope we are not trying Host Walt and Host Joe's 'funny bone'. :eek: They've already been so generous to us. :o )

Kevin has a good sense of humor...I'm pretty sure he was teasing you that you live on the West Coast perhaps...or in Hawaii...being awake at 2:42 AM!

As one for whom HAL is not my primary forum, I'm not quite sure. Who is Kevin(by screen name).

Thanks

Roy

Example:

LOLOLOL, Hubby is From Indianapolis, so you are kind of close on that one:) As for me and my Nick Name/Handle, Close again, but IRL stands for Indy Racing League. Hubby and I used to be Pit Road Photographers from 1996 to 2005 with the Indy Racing League, and my Nick Name/Handle had been Joanie since 1989 (long story), so when I had to sign up for an email account on yahoo, Joanie was taken as was my real name, Linda, so chose what I loved best at the time (IRL which stands for Indy Racing League and Joanie)

We retired in '91 to Albuquerque, New Mexico and love it!! BTW, ELVIS is NOT in Albuquerqe, I met him on board One of the HAL ships, think it was as a Bartender on Westerdam 2 years ago:D

If you see me behind the wheel of any car, GET OUT OF THE WAY AND PRAY!! I am legally blind and quit driving in 2000.

Dang, NOW I know why I gave up drinking back in '81!!! That's what I thought up!! A Cruise forum for Cruisers:D:p;)

My take on the others:

Kazu - lives in Canada - Running for Prime Minister in the next elections - Loves her hubby and all of us.

Sail7Seas - Outside of Boston Mass - Loves the Maasdam - Retired - Knew what stocks to put their money into back when idiots like me were playing hooky in school.

JTL513 - Florida - SMART!!!! One of the smartest men I've ever met, and not just because he chose the perfect lady catl as his wife. heeheeheehee

InnLady - I know, just cannot remember where the Inn is, but also resides part time in or around Boston, Mass - Owns an Inn, hence her name. Knows how to keep people like me from losing their cool often!!

TheKuhnFamily - Male (only discovered that last night *Duh!!) - Mid Western state (Ohio or Illinois - 3rd smartest man I know, behind hubby and jtl (John). I picture him as a banker.

So how close did I get??

Joanie

Example:

This is awesome. You need to do it for everyone on this thread lol

We retired in '91 to Albuquerque, New Mexico and love it!!

Joanie[/b]

It's a small world Joanie. I was stationed in Albuquerque from '72-'78, and lived in the NE heights on Tomasita. I had a SCUBA shop up on Juan Tabo, and still have some great friends living there. What a great place to retire, I envy you living there, and I'm stuck here in Indiana!:eek:

Very funny!! :D :D But you're not close on the NYC part. You'd never catch me living there. Too expensive, and I don't like the weather. I grew up in CT and went to college in upstate NY, but I'd never move back by choice. :p

Methinks this thread isn't long for this forum before it gets the floataway treatment, but since we're already so far off topic already: what was the outcome on the new HAL "Grand Statendam"? Was it a conspiracy to con you, or did those that were telling you that really believe it because they had been conned? Or what?

Close again, but IRL stands for Indy Racing League. Hubby and I used to be Pit Road Photographers from 1996 to 2005 with the Indy Racing League, and my Nick Name/Handle had been Joanie since 1989 (long story), so when I had to sign up for an email account on yahoo, Joanie was taken as was my real name, Linda, so chose what I loved best at the time (IRL which stands for Indy Racing League and Joanie)

For some reason, my brain always equates "IRL" to "In real life" so I always see your name as "in real life joanie" so now it really throws me off to realize your actual name is Linda LOL

Archived