Grand Princess Aloha Deck Beneath Horizon Court

jsmac3

Yes particularly at night when they are cleaning the HC and moving chairs around. The first time I sailed on the Grand, I made the mistake of getting a cabin under the HC. The next time I sailed, I got a cabin on the next deck down which was much quieter.

Once I noticed an area around the covered pool just outside of the Horizon Court which had all of the table & chairs removed. I asked an attendant why this was done & they said it was due to complaints from Aloha deck cabins about chairs being dragged across the deck. I have no way to know how bad it truly was because I've never had a cabin in this area but they did remove the table & chairs.

Thanks to all - I originally booked a cabin on the Baja Deck, but day before yesterday I received an email notifying me of a complimentary upgrade. Same type of balcony cabin, but on the Aloha deck underneath the Horizon Court. I told them yesterday I wanted our old cabin back and the person I talked with wasn't sure that was possible. Hopefully, we can resolve this before Saturday.

• 1 month later...

Weve booked a BB cabin A506 and realised that though its mid which is what we wanted its also directly below the lido and I am now a little concerned that there might be noise from the pool pump or general footfall. Am I worrying unnecessarily?:o

We were it on the Grand but the Ruby. Must have the same deck plans. We were on the Ruby in 2009 Lido deck , right under the pool. Woke me every morning at 4:30😳 This time we booked the Riveria deck. I would never book that deck again. But it just might be me.

So possible noise then? Typical! Stayed in a hotel in Spain on 3 separate occasions we were allocated a room under the roof top pool the noise from the pump was unbearable! Hope this isnt the case! Still I've got 11 months to worry about that !:(

Archived