Yacht Haven Grand Shopping.....

sail7seas

We cruise HAL so dock at Crown Bay.

We have taken taxi to shop at Yacht Haven and have enjoyed it enough to make the ride worth it.

I'm wondering if many shops have gone out of business and if there are many empty stores. If so, we wouldn't want to bother going over there.

Anyone been there lately and can tell me if the stores are at least 80% or more occupied?

Thanks.

Jewels, Little Switzerland, Havana Nines, Mango Tango, Chico's, and Ben & Jerry, Lids, have closed. A new store, Global Chic selling mostly Caribbean made/inspired items, has opened, but all the others are still there.

Hmmm, it may be easier if you asked about specific stores, because now I'm thinking of other stores that were there at one point, but not necessarily when you were here.

Thanks, MS.

I feared there would be many vacancies judging from the closures on Main Street.

I don't think we'll bother going there. Sadly........

It was so lovely there when it finally opened and St. Thomas finally had upscale shopping. A shame it didn't work out well.

I recall there was Gucci, Ferragamo...... really nice stores.

We miss Tropicana and Longchamps on Main Street. There for years.

Thanks for the info re: Yacht Haven. I think we'll venture over. We watched them build it for years and had such high hopes for them when they finally opened.

Do you know if there is a Bally shoe store there?

• 3 months later...

Yacht Haven is MUCH closer than Red Hook. The drive shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes if no traffic, but the driver will probably stop in town along the way to Yacht Haven from Crown Bay. It could take maybe 30 minutes to get to Red Hook.

• 4 months later...

We'll be docked at Havensight, nearby Yacht Haven Grande so we hope to chec kout this complex after an early day at the beach.

Can someone please post an update on what is open there for shopping & window shopping? Also, what places are best for a nice lunch with a view?

Thanks.

New Stores: Flip Flop Shop and Perfumania.

No other stores that have been named in previous posts have closed as of Jul 2012 that I've been told. Friends tell me stores are having sales right now.

Fat Turtle and Grande Cru (only open for lunch on weekdays) are the only restaurants at Yacht Haven Grande with a water view. Grande Cru is the more upscale of the two.

Archived