Mini-suite -perks ???

whitestash

Taking a mini suite for first time in feb 2012 on crown princess, normally take balcony, & wife seems to remember reading somewhere that along with minisuites comes breakfast at Sabatinnis & a happy hour in some location where drinks are special priced, I can`t find anything in any Princess literature, hoping one of you good people recently in a ms can clear it up for us thanks!

Sorry, breakfast in Sabatinis is for full suites only.

Also, the lounge you refer to is for full suite passengers plus those who are Platinum or Elite in the Captain's Circle.

Besides more room, you get upgraded bathroom stuff (shampoo, etc), a bathtub and a glass of champagne upon arrival.

A "mini-suite" is a misnomer. It's not really a suite but rather what other lines call a superior or deluxe balcony cabin. There is an entire deck of mini-suites plus part of another deck so while nice, they aren't special. Only full suites get the perks; mini's get a glass of (bad) champagne at sailaway.

That said, with a mini, you get a sitting area with a couch, 2nd TV, more storage, and a larger bathroom with a tub/shower.

Here's a link to the suite and mini-suite amenities. Scroll way down to the bottom for the mini. http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk

No, they're not full suites and don't have perks, but. . . . . . they're very nice cabins! Much roomier than the regular balcony room - has a nice sized sitting area with full 3-cushion sofa, coffee table, chair and it's own TV. The bathroom is also much larger with a tub/shower combo, long countertop, and room for a couple people to be in at the same time.

It's really nice to have the sitting area.

I may be alone, but I enjoy the free sparking wine and toasting on the balcony. On our last cruise our steward gave us the bottle so we shared with the neighbors who were in a regular balcony cabin.

It is also nice to have the tub as it is much roomier, and great if you have a child.

A couple of people at the same time in the bathroom? You must be really small people.;)
I've seen pictures of the bathrooms in the window suites, and 2 people will easily fit. I can be lolling in the tub while hubby is in the separate shower. :cool:

I've seen pictures of the bathrooms in the window suites, and 2 people will easily fit. I can be lolling in the tub while hubby is in the separate shower. :cool:

If you're in a mini-suite -- which is what the original poster

asked about -- won't the people in the window suite object

if you use their tub and shower? Especially at the same time.

You won't be disappointed with your choice, however no real perks just additional sq footage. If you're traveling on a sun class ship (sun, sea or dawn) there is significant difference in the room! I can share some pics if you are.

A "mini-suite" is a misnomer. It's not really a suite but rather what other lines call a superior or deluxe balcony cabin. they aren't special.

That said, with a mini, you get a sitting area with a couch, 2nd TV, more storage, and a larger bathroom with a tub/shower.

NOT quite correct Pam, it depends on the type of mini suite..

our mini suite on the Sun Princess was somewhat larger than what you are describing,

we had 2 bathrooms, a spa bath room and sink, and a shower room and toilet and sink.

this was our AB Mini Suite last month..(nice cabin, but the cruise itself was a shocker, missed 5 ports out of 8)

2746720290071872817S500x500Q85.jpg

[/url]

2547730080071872817S500x500Q85.jpg

2165360680071872817S500x500Q85.jpg

2517197500071872817S500x500Q85.jpg

2074745100071872817S500x500Q85.jpg

2599766990071872817S500x500Q85.jpg

NOT quite correct Pam, it depends on the type of mini suite..

our mini suite on the Sun Princess was somewhat larger than what you are describing,

we had 2 bathrooms, a spa bath room and sink, and a shower room and toilet and sink.

this was our AB Mini Suite last month..(nice cabin, but the cruise itself was a shocker, missed 5 ports out of 8)

True but the Sun and Dawn Princess do not sail very often near the US and aren't as actively marketed in the US as in Australia. They are older ships with a very different ship design with the cabins cut out of the hull rather than the modular, tiered design of most Princess ships (excepting the Ocean and Pacific which were originally built for the now-defunct Renaissance Cruises) so when referring to cabin layout, 95% of the time, the person is not inquiring about the Sun or Dawn. :)

Grand Class Mini Suites are such larger, however on Sun Class ships there are significant differences. Some pictures from our Cruise on the Sun:

63830762_SeCrz-M-3.jpg

63830770_vbkqJ-M-3.jpg

63830779_CeXXr-M-3.jpg

Price point is significantly more on Sun Class ships as well though :(

I always suggest if you're interested to see different room categories do what we do. Wait until your last disembarkation day and have a look! I like to see what I'm getting, especially if they're room types that you haven't book previously. I would hate to spend the additional dollars and find out that it didn't meet your expectations! Especially if you're booking a mini or a full suite.

oops!! silly me , I forgot that Cruise Critics was mainly about the US market..:rolleyes:
The OP was asking about the Crown Princess which is why I responded the way I did. It has nothing to do with where the poster is located but if someone is asking about a specific ship or class of ships, it gets confusing for someone who isn't familiar with the differences between classes. :) I know I get confused on the HAL boards when someone is discussing one class of ship and someone else posts about another class without identifying it as such, even though I'm a 3-star Mariner on HAL.

It's really nice to have the sitting area.

I may be alone, but I enjoy the free sparking wine and toasting on the balcony. On our last cruise our steward gave us the bottle so we shared with the neighbors who were in a regular balcony cabin.

It is also nice to have the tub as it is much roomier, and great if you have a child.

Wow! How nice of you to share with your neighbor!! Can we book our cabins together on our next cruise??? ;-) I love champagne !!

I'm glad for all the clarification here, I've only had minis on the Grand, Crown, Island and Coral and couldn't imagine two people in the bathroom, or a separate bath and shower. Pam is right, they are really what other lines consider a superior balcony cabin. We choose a mini primarily because we cruise with a mobility scooter and it gives us more room than a standard cabin on Princess.

Taking a mini suite for first time in feb 2012 on crown princess, normally take balcony, & wife seems to remember reading somewhere that along with minisuites comes breakfast at Sabatinnis & a happy hour in some location where drinks are special priced, I can`t find anything in any Princess literature, hoping one of you good people recently in a ms can clear it up for us thanks!

Despite the fact that the mini suites do not have the full suite perks, I think you will be happy with your choice. It generally costs only a couple of hundred dollars per person to upgrade to a mini from a balcony and is well worth the extra cost to get the additional sitting area and larger bathroom. We love the minis and think they are a very good value for the money.

A "mini-suite" is a misnomer. It's not really a suite but rather what other lines call a superior or deluxe balcony cabin. There is an entire deck of mini-suites plus part of another deck so while nice, they aren't special. Only full suites get the perks; mini's get a glass of (bad) champagne at sailaway.

Here's a link to the suite and mini-suite amenities. Scroll way down to the bottom for the mini. http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk

While the minis don't get the suite amenities, I still think that they are special, especially on a longer sailing, with a TA portion. The extra room makes for a very comfy experience. I know, lots of folks say, "we don't spend that much time in our cabin", which is probably true, since it may be pretty small. One might tend to spend more time in the cabin(esp. on sea days) when you have a nice roomy cabin!

Oh! And I enjoy having a bath tub.....after a long day touring, I love to just soak my weary body in a nice hot bath!!

JMHO!

Archived