Diamond Princess: Singapore to Sydney: Please, Mr. Custer I Don’t Want to Go!

SailorJack

Pictures coming as soon as I can upload them.

Thanks, Pia. I need to add that your "Live" postings were great! I don't remember a string where several people posted like that. I hope you have another one planned soon - I enjoy following your trips.:)

Jack

AS always SAILOR Jack a fabulous story . I love the way you tell it

Re the elephant stroll over you ..how many people can claim to have seen what you saw as he casually walked over you So conclude it was a UNIQUE experience few tourists have had ...2 gonads dangling in the face!!!!

Michele

Good Morning, Michele.:) It does paint a picture doesn't it.:D SailorJill censored my comments regarding the elephant, but I see the idea came across.:D:D

Jack

Once again a wonderfully witty cruise report, I enjoyed it thoroughly and thought you were an extremely brave sailor to lie down with elephants.

Terry

Thanks, Terry. It wasn't so much bravery as shame. Several years ago we attended a similar show in Bangkok and I refused to volunteer for that one. This time Jill asked if I was going to wimp out twice - so I sort of got baited into it.:eek: Thanks for your comments.:)

Awesome report!!!

Cheers.

Thanks...glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks, Pia. I need to add that your "Live" postings were great! I don't remember a string where several people posted like that. I hope you have another one planned soon - I enjoy following your trips.:)

Jack

Appreciate it, Jack. :D Next is just a 14 day caribbean in February, so not sure whether or not I'll do one. Definitely though in April, when we board the Diamond in Singapore. My perspective can never compete with yours. ;)

'SailorJill is actually wearing crisp white linen shorts, sandals, and her “Men are Idiots and My Husband is Their Leader” T-shirt...' Midge, my wife, wants to know where your mother-in-law got the T-shirt.

Seriously, we always enjoy reading your stuff -- it's always good for a real laugh!

Cheers -- Michael

Thank you for the little escape you provided in my day. The only sad part was my running out of tea half way through your report! Fortunately, I have a stash of dark chocolate that fortified me through the rest. And just for the record, we have a jar of vegemite in the back of one of our kitchen cupboards that has made 3 moves with us, and survived some 15 years. Our treasured souvenir of Australia. Many fine memories - especially the one where my father mistook the rather large jar of it (the sun had not yet risen over Uluru) for Nutella...and slathered it on his bun. His Mennonite heritage forced him to finish the whole thing, much to the amusement of our group!

You have a jar of Vegemite that is 15 years old!:eek: I hope that it has aged as well as a good bottle of wine! I feel for your father...that was rather heroic!:D

It may not quite be Christmas yet but finding a new review from you is like getting your favorite present under the tree :) I have almost as much fun reading your reviews as you have taking the cruise.

Thanks for the kind words, but believe me...the cruise was much more fun!:)

Thank you and happy holidays to you and Sailor Jill!

Thanks Carolyn, and best wishes from our family to yours.

Great review Jack. We were also on that cruise, like you we had a ball.

I thought I was reading a local review, you have the dry Aussie humour. Looking forward to the pics.

Cheers

Greg

Grouse review Jack' date=' fair dinkum!:D[/quote']

Ok, you got me on that one! I will have to find my Australian/English dictionary to find out what "Grouse" means. In English, "Grouse" is a bird.:D

Thanks for another enjoyable review - Happy Holidays to you & Sailor Jill.

Glad you enjoyed it...and Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you from us.

I loved your review! Awesome as always. Thanks for sharing your adventure!:)

Thanks Coolmama... glad you enjoyed it.

Sailor Jack you are a master!!! The elephant story was almost as funny as the camel saga in one of your earlier posts. I still read that one and laugh the whole day. Glad you had another wonderful trip and happy holidays!

You had to go and remind me about Gamal, didn't you!:D If I never see another Camel it will still be too soon.:)

Jack

I did not want this to end, fabulous read.

By the way we now have vegemite chips over here now. (Also know as crisps)

Vegemite chips? Not satisfied with just manually applying it to what you eat, you are now actually starting to bake it into your food? Are you trying to atone for sending us Crocodile Dundee?:D:D

I had to search for photos of the Grandfather Rock in Ko Samui. Of course, now my wife wants to go there.

Thanks for the laughs. Another great review.

Makes us feel a little inadequate, doesn't it!:D

Jack

Hi, thank you...I have had a great laugh reading your thread.

kind regards, Lorraine in sunny Cairns.:):)

Thanks Lorraine. Several years ago, Jill and I spent a week in Cairns while we dived on the reef. I can attest to the "sunny" part. We enjoyed our stay there immensely. We came close to Cairns on this trip, but took a trip into the Daintree. But we are looking forward to visiting again.

Jack

Thank you, Jack!!! when is your next adventure??

You are welcome.:) We have nothing planned this time.:eek: We are looking at a Yangtze River cruise and will probably do a 7 day Carribean cruise mid-winter to get away from the cold, but have not yet finalized anything else.

It looks like you have have 3 really neat cruises coming up. I assume the BA to Acapulco trip goes around the Horn and not the Canal? Either way it looks like a good one.

Tears are still rolling down my face, and I had to take a short hiatus to relieve pressure lest I have an unseemly accident. A SailorJack novice.

Liz

LOL...glad you enjoyed it.:)

Fantastic review. I love your sense of humour, you really deserve to be an "honourable Aussie".

Wish we could meet you on one of our cruises.

Jennie

Thanks. My parents looked at emmigrating to Australia when I was just a youngster. I think it was the cost of actually doing it that dissuaded them - or I might actually be Australian now.:) In any event, Jill still thinks moving to Australia would be great.

We are hoping to do more cruises in Australia - so maybe we will meet.:)

Thanks for the tales and the laughs!

Glad you enjoyed it.

Jack

We have nothing planned this time.:eek: We are looking at a Yangtze River cruise

Please please please do the Yangtze cruise We did this about 10 years ago just before they finished the lock and it was fabulous but there was so much to laugh about you will be able to use your marvellous prose on a china cruise (we used Victoria cruises and can well recommend them) It was at the dinner table on the 2nd night when spoons and forks disappeared that we were taught to use chop sticks by a fellow cruiser from San Francisco (lucky it was not jelly that night) The thought of your watching the 'man of a 1000 faces dance' tickles me even now.:):)

Archived