Worried about Blu Menus

City_Woman

Loved the Muesli, omelets and French Toast for breakie....and don't forget those wonderful little pastries....HEAVEN! Coffee wasn't bad. If you leave Blu hungry, for sure it's your own fault because we had to actually tell them we were full. The service was amazing!

Now when are we planning to go again?! Yum!

Have to add my 2 cents. We really enjoyed BLU. I'm not a fancy eater by any means but we managed just fine. The food is different but for the most part very good. have to agree on the desserts. Very impressive looking but somewhat lacking in taste for me.

But, I didn't have to eat in the MDR and didn't have to book a specialty restaurant to do it. That is the biggest plus. It was such a pleasant experience. I don't find anything wrong with t he MDR food, it is the atmosphere. They could serve MDR food in BLU and I would still like it. The MDR is way too crowded and noisy for my taste.

enjoy,

Duane

What are the desserts like at the buffet? We might consider eating dinner in Blu and going to the buffet for dessert if there are better choices than at Blu.

You can also get some nice pastries out in the atrium at the cafe (although you would have to pay for coffee or any other drink).

Hank

You can also get some nice pastries out in the atrium at the cafe (although you would have to pay for coffee or any other drink).

Hank

They will still give you the food for free even if you do not order a drink.

What are the desserts like at the buffet? We might consider eating dinner in Blu and going to the buffet for dessert if there are better choices than at Blu.

We thought the desserts at Blu were very good. There was nothing at the buffet that could compare to what we got at Blu.

First, one pays more for dining on a cruise for three reasons. First, the extra dollars move you away from the crowd to a smaller more quiet, refined experience. Second and most importantly, the food is better. Third, the service is better. Should any of these not be your cup of tea, safe the money.

The menu in Blu has choices each night, we have found it to be notches above the MDR. Aside from the first night, you are not assigned at time and can arrive at your likening just by arriving at the door. Only Aqua Class passengers are guaranteed a table. Suite guest are wait listed. No others can gain entrance.

Since you are willing to spend the money for a suite and do not seem to be a foodie, book a suite. You will have a bigger stateroom and can enjoy the MDR and save the space in Blu for those who truly enjoy such an experience.

First, one pays more for dining on a cruise for three reasons. First, the extra dollars move you away from the crowd to a smaller more quiet, refined experience. Second and most importantly, the food is better. Third, the service is better. Should any of these not be your cup of tea, safe the money.

The menu in Blu has choices each night, we have found it to be notches above the MDR. Aside from the first night, you are not assigned at time and can arrive at your likening just by arriving at the door. Only Aqua Class passengers are guaranteed a table. Suite guest are wait listed. No others can gain entrance.

Since you are willing to spend the money for a suite and do not seem to be a foodie, book a suite. You will have a bigger stateroom and can enjoy the MDR and save the space in Blu for those who truly enjoy such an experience.

Wow. So unkind of you.

The helpful responses actually put our mind at ease.

Please do not make assumptions about me, my choices, or style.

Respectfully,

Judy

We normally cruise in a suite, but picked AQ for our last cruise on the Solstice. I loved Blu and the shower in the bathroom so much that we will probably never pay for a suite on a Celebrity ship again. It is so nice to enjoy a quiet breakfast in Blu without having to deal with all the crowds in the MDR. I enjoyed every dinner we had in Blu as well.

We were on Solstice a couple of years ago, AQ, and Blu was our favorite part of the trip! Always a chicken, salmon or steak, as well as a few more inventive things. LOVED it! Also, a very good breakfast was served there. Enjoy!

I'd like to offer two tips to the folks who think the desserts aren't as good as MDR/Oceanview...

a) The ice creams...they are fabulous! Do not look at what appears to be all the usual suspect oferrings and think they are simply brought onboard...they are made on the ship and the quality is incredible. I live in Ohio and we have an elite ice cream shoppe which now has a few places around the state plus offered in Whole Foods...Jeni's. The ice cream onboard is equal to Jeni's. The sugar free ice creams were also excellent...I normally avoid those like the plague but had to try and was happy I did. The regular sugar version of peanut ice cream as well as the pistachio were stellar. ..and don't hesitate to try the sorbets...we'd start the dessert course with a shared sorbet...to cleanse the palalte(ha ha) before the rest of the desserts were delivered. Our wait team loved us and were quite enthusiastic with our dessert course regimen.

b) If the dessert you asked for does not ring your chime, simply ask for a different one...or two others. It's really that simple

Another observation...the bread basket may appear to be the same every night but they are not by any means.

You simply have to try the bread assortment. They include breadsticks, crusty white bread(baguette), dark bread, a couple of rolls...the surprise to both of us was the rotation of flavors with the offerings...what appeared to be the same breadsticks were not, same with all the other categories of breads

Reading the prior post regarding ice cream got me thinking. We do not cruise for ice cream since the stuff is pretty easy to get at home :). But it is true that X makes their own ice cream and it is very good. It is available most of the day in the buffet area (cones or dishes), the MDR for lunch and dinner and also in Blu. We like to eat more interesting desserts at dinner since we can get ice cream all day. In Blu we were disappointed with the dessert offerings, but I guess its just an issue where they try to serve healthier desserts...and whoever heard of a really good "healty dessert." The one night we decided to eat in the MDR (the menu in Blu was awful that particular night) we happily had Bananas Foster for dessert (never available in Blu) not to mention the wonderful Celebrity Escargot for an appetizer (not on the Blu menu but available by special request).

Hank

The one night we decided to eat in the MDR (the menu in Blu was awful that particular night) we happily had Bananas Foster for dessert (never available in Blu) not to mention the wonderful Celebrity Escargot for an appetizer (not on the Blu menu but available by special request).

Hank

How do I go about making a special request in Blu ie how far in advance and who would be the best person to approach for this request.

TIA

Nancy

My DW & I are in Aqua Class for the first time (2.3.12) of many previous Celebrity cruises and are a bit anxious about Blu...

We are gregarious. We always insist to be seated at a large table in the MDR; we like to meet people and by the end of the cruise everyone (mostly) is family. So what about Blu? OK, we're foodies, so we're willing to make a few trade-offs but will we be assigned a table for two the whole week or is there a gregarious option? Table hopping is fun too...

These posts have been very helpful and we might check menus and pop down to the MDR for a change of pace, as suggested. We adore Murano and others like it, especially the bounteous cheese cart at the end.

Thanks all for your comments...

My DW & I are in Aqua Class for the first time (2.3.12) of many previous Celebrity cruises and are a bit anxious about Blu...

We are gregarious. We always insist to be seated at a large table in the MDR; we like to meet people and by the end of the cruise everyone (mostly) is family. So what about Blu? OK, we're foodies, so we're willing to make a few trade-offs but will we be assigned a table for two the whole week or is there a gregarious option? Table hopping is fun too...

These posts have been very helpful and we might check menus and pop down to the MDR for a change of pace, as suggested. We adore Murano and others like it, especially the bounteous cheese cart at the end.

Thanks all for your comments...

You won't be at the same table more than likely in the evenings and the tables are fairly close to one another. We made conversation with those around us very easily. No worries in Blu, you will love it! :)

How do I go about making a special request in Blu ie how far in advance and who would be the best person to approach for this request.

TIA

Nancy

I'd do so the day before or at least by noon

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

Blu is not open for lunch. I would suggest making a special request the night before if the special request is for the dinner meal.

There were at least two round tables for eight near the entrance to Blu. There might be more on the far end, which I never got that far to see. As mentioned, most of the tables are for two....the ones near the windows are very close to one another, so it is easy to converse.

As for desserts...the first night they had a delicious creme brulee on their menu. On other nights, if I didn't see one that appealed to me, I would request a slice of their delicious cheesecake with berry garnishings, and they would gladly run down to the main galley to get it for me.

We are sailing in AQ on the Eclipse & are wondering.....

While we are very social, when it comes to food we always prefer a table for two. Will we have this every night in BLU?

Tableside Mueslis made to order???OMG LOVE IT!

Found a link for the menus. Take a looksie! hopefully the link works.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5B...rowerok%3Dtrue

Archived