JS under the Royal Suite?

ckrobyn

For anyone that can speak from personal experience.....

I have booked 2 JS cabins on deck 9 (one for us, and one for my parents) Our Js is further away from the hump as we needed a cabin for 3, but my parents cabin is pretty much right underneath the RS. I am a tad concerned about potential noise. I am hoping for RS occupants that are respectful of late night hours and people's need for sleep, but I guess what I really want to know is if there is a lot of noise late at night, will RC do anything about it? We are certainly not party poopers......but....:rolleyes:

We were right next door once...not a peep did we hear. I reckon it just depends on the occupants.

If there is noise that is bothersome, call the desk....let them handle it. So far, we've NEVER been unduly bothered by constant noise anywhere on the ship.

Hi Robin. I've really enjoyed your thread about the Adventure.....haven't sailed her yet because of expensive airfare but hope to some day.

I think unfortunately that it will be the luck of the draw. I remember reading a review that was negative about this cabin specifically because of the noise they experienced. Here it is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=927749&highlight=js+under+royal+suite+piano+marble+noise

We we're on the AOS last year in JS 9614, this is right under the RS.

The only noise we noticed was from the Piano they have in the room, not sure if it plays itself or has to be played but someone/thing was tinkling away on it every morning!

Was not a major issue but you could hear it if you were in the room lying in bed.

Thanks for your responses.

I kinda figured the piano may be an issue :rolleyes: Changing cabins this late in the game is not really an option as my folks need to be close by to us, and we are on a B2B with the same cabins each week. I am just going to have to hope we don't have any issues......:o

Hi Robin. I've really enjoyed your thread about the Adventure.....haven't sailed her yet because of expensive airfare but hope to some day.

I think unfortunately that it will be the luck of the draw. I remember reading a review that was negative about this cabin specifically because of the noise they experienced. Here it is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=927749&highlight=js+under+royal+suite+piano+marble+noise

I'm glad you are enjoying the AOS thread :D This will be the first year in a long time that we will not sail the AOS -it's sad, but we are sure to back onboard her in 2013~~~:p

For anyone that can speak from personal experience.....

I have booked 2 JS cabins on deck 9 (one for us, and one for my parents) Our Js is further away from the hump as we needed a cabin for 3, but my parents cabin is pretty much right underneath the RS. I am a tad concerned about potential noise. I am hoping for RS occupants that are respectful of late night hours and people's need for sleep, but I guess what I really want to know is if there is a lot of noise late at night, will RC do anything about it? We are certainly not party poopers......but....:rolleyes:

We were in JS 9638 directly under the RS and DD was in 9640 and we did not hear any thing from above. No piano either.

The thing is you won't know until you're there. Some people will never touch the piano, others will see it as such a novelty, that they'll have it play more. Hopefully, if they do play it, it will be during the day when you're more likely to be out or not care. Nothing I've read has said it's loud, just that it can be heard sometimes.

We have been in #9638 on the INDY & Liberty and two out of three cruises heard nothing..however our last cruise this past August on the LOS..someone "thought" they could play the piano...:rolleyes:..Luckily it wasn't too early or too late in the day....But from now on I will take this into consideration when booking this otherwise great middle hump location....I see no reason at all to provide a piano in this cabin...due to the possible noise issue that can happen....

Archived