I just upgraded us to 1688 for our 30th ann.

frito58

I have no idea how I am going to keep this from DW of almost 30 years:confused:for over a year . We booked the AOS for our 30th and booked an aft room I was looking today and being the CC junky I am was thinking I should check to see if 1388 or 1688 are available ,I mean its only $140 more. We love the view and she will LOVE the larger room , but I have to figure a way to pay it off as i have tol her already how much we owe . Now the payoff is just a little higher , i know I can I say no you are mistaken it was that much and she will buy it , I have handled all of our travel for years but she handles the money , guess thats why we have made it 30 years :D

I have no idea how I am going to keep this from DW of almost 30 years:confused:for over a year . We booked the AOS for our 30th and booked an aft room I was looking today and being the CC junky I am was thinking I should check to see if 1388 or 1688 are available ,I mean its only $140 more. We love the view and she will LOVE the larger room , but I have to figure a way to pay it off as i have tol her already how much we owe . Now the payoff is just a little higher , i know I can I say no you are mistaken it was that much and she will buy it , I have handled all of our travel for years but she handles the money , guess thats why we have made it 30 years :D

Congratulations Steve and what a wonderful surprise for your wife. :) Just tell your wife that the port taxes and fees went up. If that doesn't work and she's not a CC person, tell her that there was a fuel surcharge added.

Congratulations Steve and what a wonderful surprise for your wife. :) Just tell your wife that the port taxes and fees went up. If that doesn't work and she's not a CC person, tell her that there was a fuel surcharge added.

thanks never thought of the fuel surcharges :) thats perfect . And no she is a worker Bee so she doesnt hang on CC unfortunely I had to go on disability so I am home and retired so I clean and cook and plan the vacations and hang on here all day :o:)

thanks never thought of the fuel surcharges :) thats perfect . And no she is a worker Bee so she doesnt hang on CC unfortunely I had to go on disability so I am home and retired so I clean and cook and plan the vacations and hang on here all day :o:)

Glad to help a fellow Ohioan out.

Excellent cabin. We have sailed in 1688 on the Mariner twice and loved it. Nice, oversized cabin with a large balcony. Wonderful surprise for your wife.

Thanks glad to hear that , had 9690 booked but that looked so much better and for a few bucks more oh that fuel surcharge :p

Thanks glad to hear that , had 9690 booked but that looked so much better and for a few bucks more oh that fuel surcharge :p

Now, let's just hope that, with the way fuel prices are going, they don't actually add a fuel surcharge on. Then we'll have to think up something else.:D

You have probably seen this link by now.

http://www.voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_13881688/gallery.html

1688 is shaped a little differently but has a full size sofa and a chair. Our balcony had 2 chairs, 3 loungers and a little table but some ships have been changing up the furniture so not sure what you will have.

We enjoyed the piece and quiet. No noise from the WJ above. We did hear the window washer moving the ladder to wash the windows of the WJ. He has a ladder/cage contraption that he goes across the outside of the ship washing windows. He will ask you to go in if you are on your balcony since he drips a little as he cleans but he was quick and it only happened on port days, once of each of our sailings.

What a great surprise! And congrats on your 30th anniversary! Not too many people can claim that accomplishment.

I love the fuel surcharge idea. I was going to suggest 'oh, I must've looked at it wrong. The amount I quoted you was before taxes were added.'

My husband and I are leaving Monday on the Jewel and I'm surprising him with a GS. Got a sweet deal the day I booked and figured I couldn't pass it up. How I've managed not to tell him in the last 9 months is beyond me - I've almost blurted it out several times. Only 3 more days to zip it!

I also wanted to say hi because we are in Hilliard. So hi, over there in Pick-town! :)

You have probably seen this link by now.

http://www.voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_13881688/gallery.html

1688 is shaped a little differently but has a full size sofa and a chair. Our balcony had 2 chairs, 3 loungers and a little table but some ships have been changing up the furniture so not sure what you will have.

We enjoyed the piece and quiet. No noise from the WJ above. We did hear the window washer moving the ladder to wash the windows of the WJ. He has a ladder/cage contraption that he goes across the outside of the ship washing windows. He will ask you to go in if you are on your balcony since he drips a little as he cleans but he was quick and it only happened on port days, once of each of our sailings.

Thanks for the info about the WJ. I had done some research had read nothing bad but like hearing first hand reports. I had not heard about the window washers but I am sure we will adapt .

OMG I take it your a sports fan , " where its always next year " I am a diehard Browns fan. Have been one for 45 years .

I sure am a sports fan. And I am being honest when I say "there's always next year"!!;) Don't worry, the Brownies will get their act together.......just a matter of time.

What a great surprise! And congrats on your 30th anniversary! Not too many people can claim that accomplishment.

I love the fuel surcharge idea. I was going to suggest 'oh, I must've looked at it wrong. The amount I quoted you was before taxes were added.'

My husband and I are leaving Monday on the Jewel and I'm surprising him with a GS. Got a sweet deal the day I booked and figured I couldn't pass it up. How I've managed not to tell him in the last 9 months is beyond me - I've almost blurted it out several times. Only 3 more days to zip it!

I also wanted to say hi because we are in Hilliard. So hi, over there in Pick-town! :)

I dont know how I am going to do it I have such a big mouth :(:o Our daughter lives on that side of C-bus actually in Dublin she used to live in Hilliard. Congrats on keeping the secret. I will be shocked if i do it , the only way is if i just forget I upgraded us until cruise day.

Congratulations on celebrating your 30th! Quite the testament to two strong loving people.

Keep the secret just for the pure joy when you walk in and she sees it.

Just two weeks ago surprised my husband with an upgraded suite and his expression was priceless as I said 'this is why I kept saying, no gifts for Christmas, just the cruise'! We truly enjoyed ourselves and reconnected away from our everyday life - a true joy.

I sure am a sports fan. And I am being honest when I say "there's always next year"!!;) Don't worry, the Brownies will get their act together.......just a matter of time.

Does anyone really have that much time? lol

Jimbo:)

Nice score! Exactly the same way we upgraded from a forward starboard cabin to the big aft cabin (1400) on FOS next month.

I wish the two of you a wonderful anniversary! :)

Fantastic suprise for DW and many congratulations on 30th Wedding Anniversary. I love surprising DH and have done something similar letting DH think his 60th birthday cruise is in the usual balcony cabin, when I have actually arranged us a GS. He wont know a thing until we get in the "suite" line, although when the luggage tags arrived he was a bit curious as to why I did not open the envelope right away and dance around the room in my usual over excited way! I started salting a very small amount of money away every week just after his 50th birthday and gradually increased the amount as I could afford it and have also managed to buy him the Rolex he has always wanted but would never spend the money on for himself. Its been a surprise ten years in the making and I only have 5 weeks left before the big reveal.

Please let us know the outcome and whether you managed to keep the surprise going!

Good luck with the secret... I didn't even make it a week on a "surprise" upgrade from oceanview to a suite on Carnival Victory last February, lol. (I see you were also on Victory this year)

Another Columbus person here. Seems this thread is full of them. :D

Thanks everyone , I should be able to pull it off , she used to hang on CC but now she is the GM of a huge salvage yard and works a lot , I am thankful to all the people in Columbus that wreck their cars :eek: not that I wish anyone to get hurt . Her company works with the Insurance companys and dispose of all of the cars , you would not believe how many and Jan. and Feb are killer months so that April cruise in 13 will be so needed for her. We normally do something in the spring as she needs it.

You would never believe how many cars they pick up in a single day within 2-3 hours of C-bus it will be close to 100 in the winter . Between bad roads and Cell phones her job is never ending. I used to work for Frito Lay and deliver chips , I used to say we had the 2 only jobs that were recession proof. Unforunately I had cancer a few years back and now can no longer do that physical work , but its all good . I am still on the right side of the grass , figure God has other plans for me.

Well feel free to stop in our roll call April 7 th I am all alone over there. I figure I will slide a couple of $50 payments on it on CC that she doesnt pay a lot of attention to , we use it for what not and I pay it off monthly . Then as we make payments she will have forgotten what we have paid anyway :p:D Even marriages of 30 years have to tell a few white lies.:eek:

Surprises are great. I surprised my DH on his 60th - not by upgrading the cabin, but by bringing his daughter and her husband and his son with us on the cruise. We all kept the secret for almost a year. He was in shock for two hours after they all walked out on our balcony. We had his aunt and uncle (who met us all in one of our ports) lying too as was my son who spent the weekend before with us. It was great fun setting him up by suggesting he call his kids before got on the boat and then saying, no, you can do it later. You should have seen me eyeing the boarding area to make sure they hadn't come to the dock earlier than planned.

Sorry to have reminisced so long. It was a great cruise.

Frito, you can do it! You have booked my favorite cabin, so the surprise will be worth it. But I kept an even harder secret...I booked that cabin for the first time ever one year in August and kept it a secret until Christmas Day. :) I wrapped a bunch of gifts that were meant as hints, with the last one being a RCCL brochure with the Navigator page marked with our reservation conf. and the cabin circled. :) The look on DH's face was definitely worth it. Four weeks later we boarded. :D

Frito, you can do it! You have booked my favorite cabin, so the surprise will be worth it. But I kept an even harder secret...I booked that cabin for the first time ever one year in August and kept it a secret until Christmas Day. :) I wrapped a bunch of gifts that were meant as hints, with the last one being a RCCL brochure with the Navigator page marked with our reservation conf. and the cabin circled. :) The look on DH's face was definitely worth it. Four weeks later we boarded. :D

I think I can I think I can :D as I sit here next to my DW as she undecorates the tree. Its funny earlier today we were talking about cruising. She said I am clueless I have no idea what ship or where we are going , you take care of everything and just tell me when to show up. So I think I can pull this off lol:D But the I just cant wait to see her face.

This is making the wait more fun though:p

I think I can I think I can :D as I sit here next to my DW as she undecorates the tree. Its funny earlier today we were talking about cruising. She said I am clueless I have no idea what ship or where we are going , you take care of everything and just tell me when to show up. So I think I can pull this off lol:D But the I just cant wait to see her face.

This is making the wait more fun though:p

Congratulations on your surprise. :D It's funny how one member of the family is the planner. My husband is the just show up person in our family. :)

Congratulations on your surprise. :D It's funny how one member of the family is the planner. My husband is the just show up person in our family. :)

Well it used to be group thing of sort I always booked it , but now i have all this free time so I spend my days searching the internet and she is like why should I bother since he scouts out all of deals I know its a great deal.

But yes i agree there are lots of people that are just book it and tell me whne to show up , My cousins are perfect examples they travel with us called me today and said when are we cruising we booking vacations LMAO so I hold there hands and say yes we are going here and here and here lol .

Archived