Why I just booked soda package....

sr5242

Just received my new rccl visa card and saw I needed to make a purchase within 90 days to get my 15,000 intro points. Also saw that rccl purchases get 2 points per dollar versus 1 point for all other purchases. And just came back from a trip to universal studios with my kids and the whole week I was craving soda all day! So all these put together convinced me to use my new rccl visa to purchase the soda package for my upcoming trip to 1) make an initial purchase to get my points, 2) earn double points since it's an rccl purchase, and 3) have all the soda I can pour down my throat for 8 nights! I know others will say I should have purchased something else and used the onboard credits to purchase the soda package onboard. But I will save the OBC for the spa!

I can tell you though I don't think I will ever make it to 25,000 points. I just don't spend that much money. I will be spending about $13,000 next year for graduate tuition, so I was thinking about charging the tuition to my rccl card for the points. However, I usually save huge purchases for the credit card that puts money/rewards into my son's college savings account.

We do the soda card more or less for convience for us but, safety for our daughter.

She is the kind of DD that takes one sip and puts it down, and maybe a half hour later wants another.

We have a rule, once a drink is out of your hands, consider it gone. Always afraid someone would put something stupid in it, or worse yet something would crawl in it at the beach or whatever.

Not paranoid, just the way I am.

In our cabin, no issue,

Arround the teen areas, with all those kids, the same disposable cups............NORO virus, it is worth it to us. What if 3 kids drink out of the same cup YUCK!!!

Safe travels.

I will be spending about $13,000 next year for graduate tuition, so I was thinking about charging the tuition to my rccl card for the points.

At my son's school they charge a fee to pay tuition by cc which negates the points you earn.

I can tell you though I don't think I will ever make it to 25,000 points. I just don't spend that much money. I will be spending about $13,000 next year for graduate tuition, so I was thinking about charging the tuition to my rccl card for the points. However, I usually save huge purchases for the credit card that puts money/rewards into my son's college savings account.

You may be surprised at how quickly the points add up. I think you can get a reward $50 OBC for 5000 points so you will be able to use them. About your plan to charge the tuition, our university would charge you for using a credit card. My understanding is many do. That charge would likely wipe out any gain via points.

You may be surprised at how quickly the points add up. I think you can get a reward $50 OBC for 5000 points so you will be able to use them. About your plan to charge the tuition, our university would charge you for using a credit card. My understanding is many do. That charge would likely wipe out any gain via points.

I charged my last three classes on a credit card and there was no charge/fee

Neither of my kids schools charge extra for credit card (Ole Miss and UGA).

I put one of the tuitions on Skymiles and the other on Royal Caribbean, pay them off at the end of the month, and make 20,000 points a semester on each account without paying a cent. On top of regular purchases, we should have a free cruise before too long and seem to have endless Skymiles now.

I pay all my college fees, tuition and books by CC w/o a surcharge and it's actually Cheaper to buy my parking pass online with a CC than with cash at school. I always buy the soda card because I always drink more than the minimum amount to make it worthwhile economically. Plus I use the plastic insulated cup all year long. It's great for both hot and cold beverages and is a nice conversation piece too!

The money does add up, you just have to put everything on it, don't forget insurance, electricity bills, gas, groceries, pharmacy, tires/maintain for car, appliances, getting a new roof, floor/tile, etc everything you can think of, you'll be there befor you know it

Might want to check that interest rate on the card before you drop 13k on it and have to make a monthly payment.

I have an excellent credit rating and they set my rate at 22%... I called to get it reduced and they put it to 18%!!! I pay off the balance every month so as to not have to pay such a high interest rate.

Got it for the same reason, points and obc's.

Might want to check that interest rate on the card before you drop 13k on it and have to make a monthly payment.

I have an excellent credit rating and they set my rate at 22%... I called to get it reduced and they put it to 18%!!! I pay off the balance every month so as to not have to pay such a high interest rate.

Got it for the same reason, points and obc's.

I never carry a balance. The $13k would be over the course of a year and a half, $2200 per quarter for 6 quarters

Archived