Bag of laundry

J18ktleo

Leaving soon on 2 week Infinity...wondering if Celebrity still offers 'bag of laundry' special? And if so, each week or only once during the cruise?:rolleyes:

Have you sailed enough on RCI or Celebrity to either be Select (or higher) with Captain's Club or Platinum (or higher) with Crown & Anchor? If so, you will have a coupon for a discounted bag of laundry (if Select) or a free bag of laundry (if Elite). If you do not qualify for this level of the loyalty program they do sometimes run specials, but I do not believe it is always offered.

Gonzo70, the answers seem to be all over the place!;) We are platinum on X & now emerald on RCL (don't know what that translates to) but if they don't offer the promo our packing will be much different!

Thanks for the info!

Sometimes Celebrity will offer a special on laundry :). We have seen this on our b2b2b april to May cruisi8ng on Millie .

At our elite levels we get 2 free bags of laundry (one each --30 items each) .Comes in very handy during our upcoming April Hawaii cruise .We also use the free pressings & dry cleanings + the other elite perks. Saves a lot of cash:D

Since you are Select on Celebrity no need to worry about if there will be specials. Selects receive a coupon for a bag of laundry for a fixed price (I think it was $25, not 100% sure but certainly not more than $25). If your travel partner is also Select, you will each receive a coupon.

Since you are Select on Celebrity no need to worry about if there will be specials. Selects receive a coupon for a bag of laundry for a fixed price (I think it was $25, not 100% sure but certainly not more than $25). If your travel partner is also Select, you will each receive a coupon.

ooooh, that would be awesome! The information has been all over the place...yes they do, not they don't...they used to...they cancelled the program!:cool: We'll pack planning on getting it and if not...we'll be hanging

it on the balcony!:eek:

Thanks so much!

Yes, elite level passengers get a coupon for a free bag of laundry (up to 30 pieces in most sailing areas, 20 pieces in others) but you have to remember that that free bag must be given to your room steward at least three days before the end of the cruise. The coupon is not valid on the last two days (might be three days).

Note: the coupon is not really for a "bag" of laundry....you can put the 30/20 pieces in two bags if you need the room and it counts as one laundry. Let me save you a search of the forum....a pair of socks is counted as one item :)

This was mentioned in the daily on our recent Equinox cruise (December) - was an offer (one of the sea days?) as much as you could fit in a bag without tearing it for a certain price. Laundry only, not dry cleaning. Can't remember price.

• 4 weeks later...
If an Elite member is on a 14 day cruise, do they get one coupon for laundry or 2 (one each week)?

Here are all of the goodies you get on as an Elite member:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=elite_member_benefits

You actually get a coupon page - one for each Elite member - so you get two if both members in the stateroom are Elite. I don't know if this is common, we got 2 each on a Transatlantic in a Royal Suite. We didn't bring a lot of dirty laundry home ;).

As mentioned, you cannot use these at the very tail end of your cruise. By the time we got on we already had 6 days of dirty laundry so were glad to get it laundered.

Be careful what you put in. Had a couple cotton long sleave polo shirts (pretty cheap ones) that definitely looked worse for wear after going through the laundry.

Hope this clarifies stuff. The Elite benefits on =X= are really good.

If an Elite member is on a 14 day cruise, do they get one coupon for laundry or 2 (one each week)?

No, same coupon sheet (and number of coupons) for a short cruise and for a long cruise. It would make sense if X had somewhat better perks on lengthier cruises, but their Elite perks are so nice (and much improved from a few years ago) that I can't really complain.

We were on the Constellation for 2 weeks last month and we were looking forward the $20 bag special...but alas it was not offered. I was speaking with the CC hostess one day and ask why a gentleman would pay $2.95 to have a pair of underwear laundered when they only cost about $1.50 at WalMart?

Since I currently do not have any of the levels mentioned in previous posts, what would it cost me for a bag of laundry as a newbie? Thanks. :)

This is a pic from another Celebrity thread on Laundry. Personally $ 5.00 to wash a pair of socks and a t shirts seems outrageous.

Here's the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1553542

Eq_laundry.jpg

It was a 10 cruise, on the day before disemarkation we were able to use the everything you can fit in a bag service. We had asked in the beginning of the cruise of our steward and he said told us it would be towards the end of the cruise. He also gave us a reminder the day before to be sure to have it out early the next morning. The bags were paper so not much give or ability to "stuff", in the offer it stated that if the bag was torn you would be charged per item not per bag to prevent overstuffing. The charge was $34.95, which I thought was a little steep.

It was a 10 cruise, on the day before disemarkation we were able to use the everything you can fit in a bag service. We had asked in the beginning of the cruise of our steward and he said told us it would be towards the end of the cruise. He also gave us a reminder the day before to be sure to have it out early the next morning. The bags were paper so not much give or ability to "stuff", in the offer it stated that if the bag was torn you would be charged per item not per bag to prevent overstuffing. The charge was $34.95, which I thought was a little steep.

(tongue firmly in cheek)

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Steep! Why $ 20.00 to wash ten pairs of socks seems perfectly reasonable.... heck, you're on vacation. :p

Right :cool:

I miss self serve stations (Did an "X" / Princess B2B a few weeks ago and the first thing we did was run to the Caribbean Princess laundry Mat and do a quick two loads...)

Your 14 day cruise is one trip to the cruise line. Therefore you get one sheet of coupons for the entire trip. But each person in the cabin gets their own sheet of coupons.

If you are doing 2 7 day cruises B2B, then you would get separate coupons for each week. Just remember to check the coupons for the use by date- usually they are not valid the last 3 days of any cruise.

Archived