Ship from Canada to UK Nov 2012

Yorkiebargirl

I don't know of any cruise ship that goes to Toronto. Montreal, yes, but to Toronto, if they cruise there, it's not very regularly. And, nothing most certainly in November. Only the QM2 goes in the autumn and only from NY to Southampton and the reverse.

Thanks to you all.

I knew about the Queen but wonder how difficult to get from Toronto to New York. Re. Customs imigration what ever they call it these days, have heard Brits have a hard time. Or am I just being paranoid! Also is the QE2 very posh as we are not really into posh.

I've heard that it is easier to go through Billy Bishop Airport (on Toronto Island in downtown Toronto) than to go through Pearson International in Mississauga. The airline that flies from the Island is Porter and it sounds very nice (I have some relatives who've used them to fly out to Quebec City). I'm trying to convince DH to do a cruise out of one of the ports Porter flies to.

We haven't had a chance to try Cunard yet, so I can't comment there. We've been looking at doing a transatlantic, but in November it looks like they're the only ones going that way.

Good luck.

As long as your VISA papers are in order you can fly, drive or take the train from Toronto to NYC

Your only way to do a crossing in Nov is Cunard or maybe a freighter (if that is of interest)

Toronto does not really get cruise ships

The MV Columbus stopped this summer but I do not think it will be returning

We are on Seabourn coming to Montreal end of Sept and then staying with rellies and friends. So I wondered if there was anything going back. The freighter says the europe trip could end anywhere and anytime, I think they only Gty the NA ports. They know what they are picking up but delivery is more random. That's what I think, worked out.

Fawn River will check out BB, that used be the name of the Owen Sound Airport, not well taken up there!

LHT28 Visas? would we get them at this end UK

Thanks

We are on Seabourn coming to Montreal end of Sept and then staying with rellies and friends. So I wondered if there was anything going back. The freighter says the europe trip could end anywhere and anytime, I think they only Gty the NA ports. They know what they are picking up but delivery is more random. That's what I think, worked out.

Fawn River will check out BB, that used be the name of the Owen Sound Airport, not well taken up there!

LHT28 Visas? would we get them at this end UK

Thanks

There was a bit of a controversy when they decided to change the Island Airport name to Billy Bishop, I don't know why they bothered to be honest. Search for Toronto Island Airport and it should get you the info you need or go to the Porter Airline website to see if they have a link.

Porter Airlines is flyporter.ca The drawback with them is no immigration pre-clearance at the Island, so you have to clear on arrival in Newark. Of course, some will say that's no worse than pre-clearing at Toronto Pearson is, so I would decide based on where in Toronto you would be staying.

Archived