Taxi from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale

WouldBeCruiser

We get into Miami Airport at about 5:30 pm. and after travelling since 6:00 am that morning, we would rather get a taxi directly to our Ft. Lauderdale hotel than be waiting around for shuttle services.

Does anyone know if the taxi service from the airport is good?

Will we be able to just pick up a taxi outside the airport, or should we book somethng in advance?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

The shuttle will cost you a little more than half the price of a taxi. Taxi will be $80-100, shuttle is more like $50-60. Worth waiting (and I don't think you will wait long)?

Both are available at the airport. You don't have to reserve or do anything special. Just go to "Ground Transportation" after getting your bags.

You can try Larry's Limos (often suggested on these boards) - should be cheaper than a cab and a much nicer ride. :cool:

Lots of taxis at MIA in line who will be happy for an $85-100 fare, depending upon which hotel you will be staying at. The ride takes about 45 minutes.

Your other option is to stay near MIA (embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, Sofitel) using the free hotel shuttle and then make your way to PE the next morning.

Good luck! :)

To confirm, a review I read yesterday said her cab fare from MIA to Fort Lauderdale was $90.00 plus tip, so these guesstimates are right on.

We took a limo some years ago and it was more than that then, but it was nice to go in style - a very nice start to our vacation. :)

I priced out Larrys Limo for this ride and, altho' the base price appears to be less than a taxi, the final price came out about the same.

Taxis are easy to come by at MIA, I believe.

I usually do this trip on Supershuttle as it is much cheaper for me traveling solo. You will only wait 10 - 20 mins for a shuttle (often less) but then you have to stop at all the terminals as they pick other people up, and stop at all the destinations as they drop other people off. You may be lucky and be last to be picked up and first dropped off, but if it's the other way round, it can make the journey seem interminable.

So it's down to convenience versus economy. Taxi - about $100. Shuttle - $32 per person plus tip. Only you can decide what suits you.

(After a 6am start - I know which I'd choose!!)

Archived