Ultimate Balcony Dining on Princess

meripour

Just did it after leaving Aruba on the Crown two weeks ago. Brilliantly executed by Leticia and Russel from room service. Best $100 meal I have had and the Caribbean sunset didn't hurt.

Book it- run, don't walk to the phone. Call Room Service. The organizer will come to your room and you can figure out the best night for it ( a ship pitching in the wind isn't what you want) Letiica steered me towards Aruba, an hour after casting off, and she was right.

Norris

Edited by Bimmer09
error in dates

Just did it after leaving Aruba on the Crown two weeks ago. Brilliantly executed by Leticia and Russel from room service. Best $100 meal I have had and the Caribbean sunset didn't hurt.

Book it- run, don't walk to the phone. Call Room Service. The organizer will come to your room and you can figure out the best night for it ( a ship pitching in the wind isn't what you want) Letiica steered me towards Aruba, an hour after casting off, and she was right.

Norris

I guess I will play this by ear. I don't want to do this on Aruba night on my cruise, because that should be formal night and I like to dress up, get out and participate in that.

We also want to sign up for the Chef's table, have formal nights in the MDR, and eat at the Crown Grill, but maybe this is being too ambitious for a 7 night cruise :confused: I think if one thing gets skipped this time around it will probably be UBD. We might settle for the UBB instead :) Now, which morning would be best for that :p:D

Yes, but there is a limit on how many they can do each evening, so get your request in ASAP after boarding.

I'm wondering if there are more requests for UBD on formal nights. I would think that if someone scheduled UBD simply to avoid formal night, it would be cheaper to rent a tux or pay for an extra bag to bring dressier outfits. :D

We are not big fans of dressing up....had to do it for years....happy to not have to anymore! We want to do UBD on one of the formal nights, not because we won't take dressy clothes (for the other formal night), but because we don't want to wear them. :o

Edited by J & G

We just did the UBD on the Emerald Princess. We had an Emerald deck mini-suite and booked our dinner for Princess Cays at 6:00 p.m. I called room service as soon as we got onboard and set it up. They offered to send up a menu, but I had already done research ahead of time and knew what we wanted. We were able to TOTALLY customize our experience.

I am allergic to lillies so asked for an arrangement of flowers without lillies. We got a beautiful arrangement that lasted the rest of our 10-night cruise. I don't care for champagne and substituted a bottle of Asti. DH wanted escargot for his appetizer, they brought two. He had caesar salad instead of the salad with pears, walnuts and goat cheese. He had surf and turf; I had all lobster. We had creme brulee for dessert, but they also brought the mousse. We were also offered a specialty coffee with our dessert.

The entire experience was incredible and VERY special! I'm attaching a few photos. Speaking of which, our photographer was excellent and we ended up purchasing additional photos.

IMG_1599.jpg.b3c7096f573cbb6e8aa2d8ff28b5439d.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg.e5d239e5bc2f818bf15486807832d7e7.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg.f0e8747593ff85ce510481335bdaf714.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg.4e44001ae3c8890a8a8531409aa1ae2e.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg.d0eca5d468358d4854b008fe01a076e8.jpg

Probably, that's what we did..

I'm wondering if there are more requests for UBD on formal nights. I would think that if someone scheduled UBD simply to avoid formal night, it would be cheaper to rent a tux or pay for an extra bag to bring dressier outfits. :D

We are not big fans of dressing up....had to do it for years....happy to not have to anymore! We want to do UBD on one of the formal nights, not because we won't take dressy clothes (for the other formal night), but because we don't want to wear them. :o

We always do the UBD instead of formal nites. Do not care to do them anymore and the cost to rent a tux on the ship is at least $100 -- so we take those dollars and buy the UBD. We are typically one of the first ones on the ship and I call room service right away and have never had a problem getting the UBD for the first formal nite.

We always do the UBD instead of formal nites. Do not care to do them anymore and the cost to rent a tux on the ship is at least $100 -- so we take those dollars and buy the UBD. We are typically one of the first ones on the ship and I call room service right away and have never had a problem getting the UBD for the first formal nite.

That's great to know....doing UBD with DH, BIL, and SIL....can't wait!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Anyone done the ultimate breakfast dining in Alaska? I was thinking about it for our Glacier days. I understand salmon and bagels are on the menu but you can substitute for an omelet and toast, true? IS there a limit on the type of omelet?

Thank you for your time.

Anyone done the ultimate breakfast dining in Alaska? I was thinking about it for our Glacier days. I understand salmon and bagels are on the menu but you can substitute for an omelet and toast, true? IS there a limit on the type of omelet?

Thank you for your time.

Lots of threads on the UBB, this one may answer your question.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1858835&highlight=ultimate+balcony+breakfast

You were more successful on the search than I! It looks like breakfast is $32.00 for two, you pick the time and substitutes are fine. Now I wonder how that will go with the glaciers!!!

• 1 year later...

I realize this is a dormant thread, but I found it quite useful.

You can reserve an UBD by calling 1-800-774-6237, and paying over the phone with a credit card. The agent (very helpful) indicated they'd probably put this function online shortly, so you could book and pay in advance. She DID ask me what date I wanted - I asked her when the first formal night was so as to avoid it, and she figured that would be the 2nd night underway.

I realize this is a dormant thread, but I found it quite useful.

You can reserve an UBD by calling 1-800-774-6237, and paying over the phone with a credit card. The agent (very helpful) indicated they'd probably put this function online shortly, so you could book and pay in advance. She DID ask me what date I wanted - I asked her when the first formal night was so as to avoid it, and she figured that would be the 2nd night underway.

That's too bad. That means there will be less or none available once onboard.

They usually only do 4 per night. :(

Yes, you can book a UBD prior to cruise. I know this because I booked UBD prior to our cruise on CB in 2014. My Princess Cruise Planner handled the booking. She was able to schedule the UBD on our preferred night. Perhaps we got special treatment since we were celebrating our anniversary. Talk to your TA or PCP for the definitive answer. You will still need to call the Dine line after boarding to finalize arrangements such as menu, drinks, etc.

Second: here is a video showing the UBD on Crown.

Third: Wife said she had never felt more special in her life. (You might want to read that again.)

Fourth, we're doing UBD on our next Princess cruise.