Barcelona hotel??

We are going to stay 2 nights pre cruise for our Europe cruise this summer, can someone please recommend a hotel to stay at in Barcelona. Of course I want it to be in a safe area, not the most expensive but a nice hotel. Thanks!!

I used the venere.com website and found a very nice three star hotel for E69 per night.

We liked the 3-star Regencia Colon. It is just off the Cathedral square in the Gothic District. Easy walk to Las Ramblas. Also HoHo buses stop just down the street. Small restaurants are near by, we especially like Neyras at 41 Via Laietana. We ate in the tapas bar area, though there is a fancier restaurant in the back. There is a local coffee shop chain called Cappuccino where we had breakfast.

We liked the 3-star Regencia Colon. It is just off the Cathedral square in the Gothic District. Easy walk to Las Ramblas. Also HoHo buses stop just down the street. Small restaurants are near by, we especially like Neyras at 41 Via Laietana. We ate in the tapas bar area, though there is a fancier restaurant in the back. There is a local coffee shop chain called Cappuccino where we had breakfast.

And if the Regencia overbooks, you *might* get lucky and score an upgrade to the 4 star Colon. :D Happened to us...

Great neighborhood, staff was courteous and helpful.

Here's a picture of both hotels--Colon at Left, Regencia just behind it at center.

We stayed at the Praktik in Eixample. It is a little off the beaten track on a side street just off the main shopping st Gracia. If you like to walk it is a good, inexpensive choice-cheap, cheerful and clean-no frills but close by there are a number of bistros and restaurants frequented by locals. Shopping is a 5-10 min walk, Placa Catalonia is about a 10 minute walk, La Pedera is about 5-10 minutes away and Las Ramblas is about a 20 minute walk. It is a nice, safe residential area. We got a room with a balcony for less then 100 euros per night-this was last Sept.

Stayed at Marina View, Right off the water, the end of LasRamblas right near metro. Easy walk to free bus that takes you to ship. B&B not fancy great "innkeeper".

Please let Paddy know that the couple that lost their luggage recommended you stay there. Oh pick the room that has the water view well worth the money.

I am looking for one near Las Ramblas, that sleeps 4 in a good area and maybe has breakfast too! Any suggestions?

I'm staying at the Silken Gran Hotel Havana in April. It has great reviews on tripadvisor. Says family friendly and still close to lots of happening stuff like Las Ramblas and the metro stations to get you places. They also have a restaurant with a breakfast buffet which you have to pay for but nice to at least have the option! :rolleyes: Oh, and the price wasn't bad either! I booked a nonrefundable cruise rate on expedia.

We had been in Barcelona in 1998 and stayed at the Hotel Regincia Colon that is super convenient and is right around the corner from the famed, 700-year-old-plus Cathedral in this hip and historic town. Before our last June cruise, we stayed there again and it worked out super well. Its location is also handy to La Rambla and the many other key attractions, dining places. Their website:

http://www.hotelregenciacolon.com

After our cruise, we wanted to sample a little different area and flavor for this charming town. I did some searching with Hotels.com and a couple of these other search site. We wanted both nice and at a good price. We got the four-star rated Hotel Onix Liceo. It is a botique hotel in a wonderfully restored old townhouse at Nou De La Rambla, 36 Barcelona, 08001. Their website is:

http://www.hotelonixliceo.com/en

This hotel was right up the street from the recently re-opened and restored Gaudi's Palau Guell (wonderful to tour and see!!) and 300 metres from Liceo Metro Station on Barcelona's Ramblas. This stylish hotel offers a sun terrace, lots of nice design features that blend traditional with modern art in its public spaces. Below are a couple pictures. One of their front and the other for one of its nice interior areas that opens to its open courtyard, lap pool, etc.

Below are some added exterior pictures for some other hotel options, including the Hotel Montecarlo Barcelona is at La Rambla, 124, By TravelAdvisor, it is ranked #2 of 535 hotels in Barcelona. It is withing easy walking distance from famed Mercat de la Boqueria marketplace, Placa Catalunya, etc. Also nearby to this other hotels in the area are Barcelona Cathedral and Gran Teatre del Liceu.

BOTTOM-LINE: There is no one perfect hotel in Barcelona. You have hundreds of good to very good options to consider. Much depends on timing, pricing and what you most want to be near. Consider your priorities and needs. As noted below, the new W Hotel looks super with its exterior shape and beach location, but it is not very handy to the wonderful and charming historic areas. I would use the search engines to get that right mix on price, quality and location to fit your personal interests, needs and budget.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 60,214 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Here are two pictures from our four-star rated Hotel Onix Liceo. It right near Palau Guell and the La Rambla, key town market, etc. First is the exterior on this hotel. Second is a picture for part of its interior lobby that overlooks an open court area with lap pool, etc.:

BarcelonaHotelOnixFront.jpg

BarcelonaHotelOnixLobby.jpg

Here are three other hotel pictures/samples. The first two are right on the wonderful and ever scenic/interesting La Rambla, near the key town market, etc. First is the exterior of the highly-rated Hotel Monte Carlo. Second is a picture for the Hotel Nouvel. Finally is the wonderful-looking and very new W Hotel sitting right on the beach. BUT, however, this W Hotel is not very handy to reach the La Rambla and other older, historic areas in Barcelona. Much depends on which location best fits your needs and interests.:

BarcelonaHotelMonteCarlo.jpg

BarcelHotelNouvelFront.jpg

BarcelWhotel2.jpg

Here is a night view of Palau Guell taken from under the glass and iron entrance to the Hotel Gaudi that is immediately across the street from this mansion. Unique angle that plays off of the special designs for both places.:

BarcelGaudiExteriorNight.jpg

• 1 month later...

I stayed at B Hotel the last time I left out of Barcelona. It was easy to get to from the airport using public transport and about 1 1/2 blocks from the metro etc to get into Las Ramblas etc easily. If everything down town is booked I'd recommend it.

They let us leave our luggage way early, let us in the rooms early, was clean and had some neat features - like the big B and pool on the roof! It is right next to the bull fighting arena. Only oddities we had were trying to figure out how to get the lights on in the bathroom!

We stayed at the Hotel Continental Barcelona on the Las Ramblas. It is a few doors down from the Placa Catalunya. Great location and breakfast and snacks are included. It is quirky (the colors are pepto bismol pink) but I am staying there again in November.

If anyone is looking, we had 3 adults in a room. It was tight but we weren't there much and the location is perfect.

• 1 month later...

Archived