Waterproof bag/pack to carry our valuables?

cransplash

We're heading to E. Caribbean in December and looking for a waterproof bag/pack to wear... specifically if we head to one of the beaches @ the port, we plan to leave our backpack on the beach (towels and shoes), and would like to carry our valuables (room key, cash, credit cards, possibly camera) with us as we snorkel, play in the water, go jet skiing, etc.

Thus, I am looking for some sort of small waterproof pack to carry on my wrist or wear over-the-shoulder. We may end up getting a waterproof camera, though not sure yet. Regardless, can you recommend some small waterproof packs or bags that will keep our valuables safe and not watered down?

Edited by cransplash

We have the solid dry box from Ron Jon surf shop and love it. http://www.ronjonsurfshop.com/search/default.aspx?perpage=14&match=AND&Keywords=solid%20dry%20box That's where we got ours but I have seen similar items at several other places. It isn't big enough to hold our camera but it does hold our room cards as well as any cash or credit cards we may have with us. Whenever we have an excursion that involves water, my husband always has it. We actually also use it when hanging out at the pool. It's nice not to have to worry about your room card disappearing and paying for someone else's drink. :)

We have the solid dry box from Ron Jon surf shop and love it. http://www.ronjonsurfshop.com/search/default.aspx?perpage=14&match=AND&Keywords=solid%20dry%20box That's where we got ours but I have seen similar items at several other places. It isn't big enough to hold our camera but it does hold our room cards as well as any cash or credit cards we may have with us. Whenever we have an excursion that involves water, my husband always has it. We actually also use it when hanging out at the pool. It's nice not to have to worry about your room card disappearing and paying for someone else's drink. :)

Great- thanks for the recommendation. Is it completely waterproof? We are still on the fence about purchasing a waterproof camera but if we don't buy one, we will definitely be bringing our own point & shoot camera and definitely do not want to risk getting it wet!

Great- thanks for the recommendation. Is it completely waterproof? We are still on the fence about purchasing a waterproof camera but if we don't buy one, we will definitely be bringing our own point & shoot camera and definitely do not want to risk getting it wet!

Yes. It is completely waterproof. We have taken it snorkeling with us and not a drop of water has gotten in. But, I'm not sure they make them big enough to fit your camera. However, that link another poster listed may have something big enough.

• 2 years later...

This is exactly what we use except that ours is a Carnival one in red. The

SIL bought it for me on the last cruise we made with her (about two years) ago. I love it. We put our Sail & Sign card, a credit card, a driver's license, and some cash in it. Nothing ever gets wet when we snorkel.:D You can get them at Walmart too.

We have this: http://www.amazon.com/Kwik-Tek-Dry-Alligator-Wallet/dp/B000BJ7WHE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1326373583&sr=8-2

It might be a little lighter weight and it's flexible. Obviously only good for cards and cash.

This is nice also! Thanks everyone for sharing. There are some great products here that I'm interested in getting.:D