New to Celebrity. Pool Question (kids)

jmkennett

Hi. Have crusied many time on HAL, Princess, Carnival and RCL, but really want to try Celebrity in March this year for Spring Break. Last year on the Eurodam, there was only one pool for everybody (kids & adults) and one for adults only. It was quite crowded in the one and only "everyone" pool. I'm looking at the Solstice and know the adult pool is in the atrium. However, when speaking with an agent at Celebrity, they told us that only one of the two middle pools is for everyone and that there are two adults only pools. One in the atirum, one on the open pool deck. Is that correct? Everything else I have read is to the contrary. Thank you!

Hi. Have crusied many time on HAL, Princess, Carnival and RCL, but really want to try Celebrity in March this year for Spring Break. Last year on the Eurodam, there was only one pool for everybody (kids & adults) and one for adults only. It was quite crowded in the one and only "everyone" pool. I'm looking at the Solstice and know the adult pool is in the atrium. However, when speaking with an agent at Celebrity, they told us that only one of the two middle pools is for everyone and that there are two adults only pools. One in the atirum, one on the open pool deck. Is that correct? Everything else I have read is to the contrary. Thank you!

The outdoor pools are for everyone...adults and children. The inside pool is for adults except for 2 hours a day.

Babies indiapers are not kept out of the pools either. At least they weren't on my Summit cruise last summer. There were so many kids it was difficult to police the situation and they didn't.

Unsupervised kids in pools can be a big problem. We had to get security to deal with unruly kids on Princess and HAL(believe it or not) cruises. No lifeguards=no rules enforced.

We cruise with my grandchildren on occasion and always supervise them carefully. Unfortunately not everyone does.

The outdoor pools are for everyone...adults and children. The inside pool is for adults except for 2 hours a day.

Are you sure about that? I have heard on rare occasions they sometimes permit children to use the Solarium pool for a period of time during inclement weather (i.e. when the outdoor pool is not available) but I have never heard of this being a customary policy. It has certainly not been the case during any of my Celebrity cruises.

On our Solstice cruise, both outdoor pools permitted children. There is an adjacent area that has fountains/water jets that is timed to music and lights. Kids like this as well.

Of all the things on a cruise, the pools (on every line) are what make me the most nervous. I watch my kids like a hawk. Fortunately, they have year round access to pools at home and the pools aren't that attractive to them.

Are you sure about that? I have heard on rare occasions they sometimes permit children to use the Solarium pool for a period of time during inclement weather (i.e. when the outdoor pool is not available) but I have never heard of this being a customary policy. It has certainly not been the case during any of my Celebrity cruises.

YOu might want to read the below thread, I believe from yesterday, it does bring up the question and is something that they will have to watch..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1545626

Babies indiapers are not kept out of the pools either. At least they weren't on my Summit cruise last summer. There were so many kids it was difficult to police the situation and they didn't.

Unsupervised kids in pools can be a big problem. We had to get security to deal with unruly kids on Princess and HAL(believe it or not) cruises. No lifeguards=no rules enforced.

We cruise with my grandchildren on occasion and always supervise them carefully. Unfortunately not everyone does.

Unfortunately, we also saw diaper-aged children in the pools and hot tubs on our Eclipse cruise in December. Celebrity needs to start enforcing their own rules. It puts the health of all at risk.

On our Solstice cruise, both outdoor pools permitted children. There is an adjacent area that has fountains/water jets that is timed to music and lights. Kids like this as well. Of all the things on a cruise, the pools (on every line) are what make me the most nervous. I watch my kids like a hawk. Fortunately, they have year round access to pools at home and the pools aren't that attractive to them.

These three of my pictures below give you a better ideas for the various pool options on the Solstice-type ships. The Solarium won't work for your kids, but the other pictures show the two outdoor pools, plus how the cute water jets look and act.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 55,750 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

This is a view of the main pool area.* Love the sun and activities here.:

SolsticeMainPoolView2.jpg

In the pool area, they have these water jets that put on a nice “show”, both to watch and/or for kids to play in.:

SolsticeKidsPool.jpg

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

Unfortunately, we also saw diaper-aged children in the pools and hot tubs on our Eclipse cruise in December. Celebrity needs to start enforcing their own rules. It puts the health of all at risk.

Same here - yuck! Yhe outdoor hot tubs were never very hot and usually crowded. After seeing the kid in the hot tub, I was not tempted to return.

Fortunately there were no children in the Solarium area, pools or hot tubs.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought one of the outdoor pools was adult only and the other one, near the water fountains, was for 'families' and the indoor pool was adult only! I really hope the indoor pool remains adults only because, as a teacher, I can only take holidays during 'busy' periods, and I cherish the peace and quiet of the indoor pool!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought one of the outdoor pools was adult only and the other one, near the water fountains, was for 'families' and the indoor pool was adult only! I really hope the indoor pool remains adults only because, as a teacher, I can only take holidays during 'busy' periods, and I cherish the peace and quiet of the indoor pool!

The indoor pool is the adults only venue. On some cruises when there is a great deal of inclement weather that makes outdoor swimming impossible/impractical for most of the cruise, sometimes the ship will open the indoor pool for family use for very limited, pre-announced time frames. It is the exception, not the rule.

There are no outdoor Adults only pools.

As a retired teacher I quite understand where you are coming from.:rolleyes:

Not to mention some of the old folks with their depends on!!

• 5 weeks later...
What age do they consider "adult only" for the Solarium pool? I will be cruising with my 2 DDs. They will be 21 and 17 yrs old.

The signs say 16 and up, so you're good to go.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

What age do they consider "adult only" for the Solarium pool? I will be cruising with my 2 DDs. They will be 21 and 17 yrs old.

As I re-call 18 is the "magic" and posted age for the Solarium. Your one daughter is definitely OK. The other daughter might "make it" depending on how she looks and acts.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 63,497 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

On Eclipse there were two rather fades signs by one of the outdoor pools that said it was for adults only. The first day when children got in I asked a passing pool boy if that was allowed and pointed out the sign. He said that he had never noticed it before. He flagged down a passing officer, who also said "gee I've never noticed that before" but he instructed the pool attendant to tell the children to leave that pool. At least for that one cruise, it was an adults only pool. I wonder if the signs are still there?

The pool and hot tubs closest to the bar on S class ships are signed adults only. On our cruise in March 2011, the pool butlers enforced this. It was nice to swim or tub in the outdoors without kids jumping, splashing and screaming. The fountains and family pool/tubs are great for them. I am not anti children as I had 3 of my own but we were very cognizant of where we chose to vacation and supervised them closely so that everyone was able to enjoy their vacation.

A highly zoomed in view of the sign on the Infinity a couple of years ago. It says "under 18 with adult supervison".

Pool%20Sign%20Age.JPG

We see these at hotel pools too. I wonder about those signs, which seem pretty worthless and leave a lot of slack as to what "adult supervision" means.

There will be children splashing, screaming and roughhousing in the pool. There will be some adults sitting around the vicinity of the pool. But none of those adults say anything to the children or pay any attention to them. There is nothing that indicates to which of those adults (if any of them) the children belong or which of the adults are the ones supposedly responsible for the supervision.

We have also seen children in hot tubs right under signs saying that children are not allowed in the hot tub.

Archived